Human Cloning

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

StoweMobile
Major

Human Cloning

Post by StoweMobile »

I was thinking about reasearching this, but Im not sure what it would do. I figured it would increase the rate at which your reservers increase as you clone super soldiers!!!! unfortunatly it doesn't tell what the tech does, and the tech isn't a prerequisite to anything else...so Im not sure its worth researching. It cost alot, takes like 2 years to complete, and is unfavorable to both world and public opinion.
brekehan
Captain

Post by brekehan »

I wish they had a description for every tech. Even if it simply stated it was a pre-req. However, a ton of techs have abolslutely nothing listed in thier descriptions and there is no telling what they do or if they do anything at all!

The devs really need a seperate tech tree screen where it shows the relationships and descriptions of every tech. Something ala Civ4's tech screen would be very nice.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

If you select a technology in one of the subdepartments you should find a description there and the effects of technologies are seen in the tooltip when you mouse over the tech.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
brekehan
Captain

Post by brekehan »

Balthagor wrote:If you select a technology in one of the subdepartments you should find a description there and the effects of technologies are seen in the tooltip when you mouse over the tech.
For maybe 5% of them

Let me look right now and list off just afew that have nothing as a description:

Anti-Vaccine
Nueral Receptive Organs
Adaptive Materials
Electro Active Polymers
Nano-Metallurgy
Advances Power Techs
Electro-Thermal systems
Nano-chemistry
Nano-Computing
Advanced Vehicle Fuels
Active Armor Protection
Advanced APS-KE
Advanced Attack Helicopters

on and on...

There is nothing in the project effects box when you mouse over these.
MichiD
Major

Post by MichiD »

I think some of them really have no effect(yet hopefully)

Others might be prerequisites for units your country can't research.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Lots of technologies have no effects, but those should be ones that unlock other techs or units.

And they should all have descriptions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
StoweMobile
Major

Post by StoweMobile »

yes, but there are also technologies with no effect, and are not prereqiosote's to any technology.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

... such as?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

Balthagor wrote:... such as?
Chemical Missle Warheads
Bioweapons Production

The root techs for these are also useless since they give no benie and are only used as pre-reqs for these two dead ends that were never incorporated but are still in the game.

To be FAIR, they DO affect diplomacy, but considering you can't actually do anything with them after that it's kind of pointless to ever research them.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
Bjecas
Corporal

Post by Bjecas »

Balthagor wrote:... such as?
Organic Suspension would be a good example. It doesn't unlock any new tech, it isn't a unit pre-req, and gives no bonus; it doesn't even affect diplo, yet it says "Completion bonus HIGH".

Screeny:
llsoth
Lieutenant

Post by llsoth »

Bipedal Walkers?
Bjecas
Corporal

Post by Bjecas »

I've read on some other thread here that the Completion bonus actually relates to your tech level, that is, researching techs with high completion bonus advances your tech level. If this the case, then there would be some point to this tech, even though at this stage you are so far off in the tech tree i'm not sure there is a lot more you need to improve...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

llsoth wrote:Bipedal Walkers?
That's a unit prerequisite for mechs.
Bjecas wrote:I've read on some other thread here that the Completion bonus actually relates to your tech level, that is, researching techs with high completion bonus advances your tech level...
That is true. Also techs like these have both a World Support rating and a Population Support rating meaning it can be used to improve relations and your domestic approval.

So, any others?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
llsoth
Lieutenant

Post by llsoth »

The mechs are in the game? At what tech level do you get them?
If you are supposed to get them right after finishing research I cant seem to find them. Tech level 148 USA.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ah, bummer, they are not currently in :(

We had a few techs that had errors late development and had to pull some units that listed them as prerequisites, it seems the mechs were part of this. I had worked really hard to make sure there were units for every tech prerequisite, that late change caught me.

Okay, there is at least one tech that doesn't lead anywhere, but that will be fixed in an update (not update2, that will be out too soon to resolve those tech tree issues). If you find any more, let me know...

FYI, Mechs will range from tech level 127-140.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”