Uranium

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Uranium

Post by georgios »

Is there any hardcoded desire of usa, russia and china to want to buy huge amounts of uranium?

This happens not when playing as one of them, but only when they are AI controlled.
number47
General

Re: Uranium

Post by number47 »

georgios wrote:Is there any hardcoded desire of usa, russia and china to want to buy huge amounts of uranium?

This happens not when playing as one of them, but only when they are AI controlled.
Well, they have a lot of nuclear power plants and some of their advanced units need uranium+military goods to produce (nuclear submarines, nuclear aircraft carriers, etc) so I don't see anything strange with that. Why do you ask?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

I did a test:

1) I deleted all nuclear plants of the world
2) I deleted all uranium built units

None needs U but USA, China, Russia want to buy it with demands 10.000 times above the supply levels.

When I play with one of them this strange phenomenon is spotted to the other two.

I assumed that something is hardcoded there.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Probably the uranium is labeled a "strategic" resource, the same as petrol (or rubber in sr1936) and they keep stocking it, so yeah, you could say it is hardcoded.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Are they building nukes? Nuclear subs?

Those need Uranium also.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

No, no, as I wrote, I put zero value in all uranium unit costs, and zero value in nuclear plant uranium demands.

They simply stockpiling it. Only USA, Russia, and China. And their demand is million times greater than the global production capabilities. USA has ten million times greater demand, Russia five and China three.

And it is not happening with petroleum or anything else.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Wait, are you saying that USA, Russia and China have demand for uranium even though you destroyed all the nuclear power plants, all the unclear powered units or bombs and removed uranium requirement from all those units that usually have them???
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Yes, all the world produces in full capacity uranium and the only buyers are usa, russia and china, when are computer controlled. Their demand is million times the global supply.

They simply stockpiling it because there is not something to do with it.

The changes were done by editing the .unit and .wmdata files.

All other commodities are working well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I noticed that these 3 countries have a minimum demand, that is ignorable when you change the measure units. In my tests I measured uranium in Mton. When I changed it back to kg, the numbers became big and the problem is gone. But it is stil a mystery, why the devs did that.

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”