Production Output Shrinking Each Day

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Amywalker730
Corporal
Human: Yes

Production Output Shrinking Each Day

Post by Amywalker730 »

Hello, I'm in a bit of an economic trap. After conquering the world my GDP/c has shrunk from 220,000 to 70,000. This was to be expected, but after five years my production output began to shrink. At first, it was negligible, but over the course of 20 years, I have recorded a 60% drop in the output of every resource. With this depression, my GDP/c has dwindled to just 17,000 and the global population has reduced from 6.7 billion to 3.8 billion. With my production strained I decided to promote population shrinkage to reduce the demand for resources. I maximized the prices of the goods and hoped to stop the endless death-spiral. At first, it worked. Then the ever-declining production output caught up and eliminated the surplus I had going.

I don't know what I have done wrong that has crippled my resource output. I've built thousands upon thousands of facilities to increase production of food, wood, petroleum, consumer goods, energy, etc. , and yet this does little to stop the apocalyptic march of shrinking production output.

I don't think it's a supply related issue, as facilities have roads, infrastructure is well-funded, and tens of thousands of new facilities have been made in the face of a reduced population.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Production Output Shrinking Each Day

Post by georgios »

I have noticed similar problems.
Perhaps the game is not well balanced for so extended gameplay, or for so big nations.

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”