How come ships can't "halt" ?

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Stigern
Sergeant

How come ships can't "halt" ?

Post by Stigern »

I want to let my ships just lay out in the ocean for a while, but they just continue roaming free after my last move order! :x

Also how do I load uints onto my ships? I can't figure it out.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

If your ships are moving around you may have unit initiative on. Check your "tips of the day" for how to adjust this.

To load a unit, select it and right click on the transport ship. You will have a "load into" order. If the cargo ship is too small or the unit to heavy they will not be able to load up.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Stigern
Sergeant

Post by Stigern »

Balthagor wrote:If your ships are moving around you may have unit initiative on. Check your "tips of the day" for how to adjust this.

To load a unit, select it and right click on the transport ship. You will have a "load into" order. If the cargo ship is too small or the unit to heavy they will not be able to load up.
Ok, can I load uints onto boats just from anywhere? Or do I need to have a port/harbour thing there?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

For a "load into" command a Pier works best but if both ship and land unit are amphibious any coastal hex works. If you give a land unit a "sea transport" order it will drive to a pier and call for a transport ship with sufficient capacity to carry it (if one exists). Target hexes for "sea transport" must be piers (or coastal hexes if amphibious.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Oops! I had moved this to the 2010 military section by accident. Fixed...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - 2020”