Loading Missles 101 (renaming too)

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

catatonic
General
Human: Yes

Re: Loading Missles 101 (renaming too)

Post by catatonic »

My game keeps selecting the wrong type of missiles for my current target.

I am not saying that it does not follow the "Role" the I set for the platform, it just often picks a missile with the correct role, but that is otherwise undesirable due to its range, expense, etc.

For instance I have frigates loading modded size 4 ASROCs instead of the size 3 Harpoons that I want, and aircraft that load long-range, expensive JASSMs instead of shorter range-AGMs like I want.

Can I use the "Excluded/Standard/Favorite" to surpress the ASROC and JASSM selection?
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I don't think it looks at excluded/favorite settings when deciding missiles.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Just checking but I'm assuming there was never a fix for turning off autodeploy on missiles? I've been experimenting with loading missiles in my current game and found the auto load to be useful in combination with selecting which groups I allowed to receive auto deployed missiles, yet the battle group which is doing most of the early fighting is changing it's primary target and I tried to switch which missiles where being loaded into it but can't find a way to stop the original missiles from being loaded without doing it all manually.

Also, why do missiles removed from my platforms seem insistent on dividing the same missile type into multiple groups in the reserve? My harpoons for example. I am removing them from my ships but rather then sending them all back to the stack I pulled them from originally to load them, they are sometimes creating new stacks. I believe my harpoons currently have 3 stacks in reserve of identical missiles which is cluttering the screen unnecessarily.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Only 3 stacks? thats not so bad, wait till you get hundreds of those stacks. Granted I have solved the issue of unstacks for my games. I sell them to my allies. Then I dont have to look at the unstacks. and my allies dont seem to mind.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Ruges wrote:Only 3 stacks? thats not so bad, wait till you get hundreds of those stacks. Granted I have solved the issue of unstacks for my games. I sell them to my allies. Then I dont have to look at the unstacks. and my allies dont seem to mind.
Eeeep!!! :o I was afraid of that.... going to make finding the missiles I actually want a nightmare to find and use if it gets that bad for me. :(
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

Do what I do, reserve the appropriate unit the relaunch until you get the correct missile type.
Octavious226
Warrant Officer

Post by Octavious226 »

I have problems with firing nuclear missiles it says nukes arent permitted >_<
Sometimes I'm real cool, but sometimes I could be a real *******. I think everyone is like that.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Its probally Allow Nuclear Weapons is off - Its an option you choose at the start of a game. To change it go to your options menu (Ctrl+Shift+S) and make sure Allow Nuclear Weapons is checked.

It could also be the nuclear permision button in the Defense Dept. under Defense Condition.
Octavious226
Warrant Officer

Post by Octavious226 »

Hundane wrote:Its probally Allow Nuclear Weapons is off - Its an option you choose at the start of a game. To change it go to your options menu (Ctrl+Shift+S) and make sure Allow Nuclear Weapons is checked.

It could also be the nuclear permision button in the Defense Dept. under Defense Condition.
thats what i did but it still says Nuclear weapons not permitted and its making me mad because i have all the right equipment but the stupid ass Minister been smoking too much crack to let me nuke my enemies
Sometimes I'm real cool, but sometimes I could be a real *******. I think everyone is like that.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Strategic missiles are not operational in sr2020. To use them you should mod the file default.unit. You must change them from strategic to tactical and assign a launch platform (land, air, surface and sub). Then they will appear in the reserve list, so to be deployed and launched like other missiles.

Return to “Military - 2020”