Amphibious landing

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

scutshake
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Amphibious landing

Post by scutshake »

Rite this has anooyed me for some reason im never able to do amphibious landing either the units won't transport onto the ships or when i click them to land on a sea port the ships stand just of the shore doing nothing?

Can anyone guide me on doing this ive looked at some of the guide on youtube but to no avail

I was also wondering is it possible to deploy only transport ships at one port so you can load you tanks, infantry onto it ?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Amphibious landing

Post by Ruges »

My personal way of loading units into transport ships is to move the ship to the hex next to the port in the ocean. Move the ground units into the hex of the port city. select the units you want loaded and then right click the ship and select load into.

Some things to think of. Dont move more then 7 land units at a time into the port city to load, hexes that have more then 7 ground or sea units will automaticaly leave the hex after a short period of time since 7 is the maximum a hex can hold. (14 for air). Trying to use the above method can be tricky if your units are still under your minster control, since your minister may order them to do things you dont want them to. Pay attention to the size of the ships cargo capacity and the size of the unit you are trying to load, you cannot fit 1,500 tons into 100 ton cargo hold. Only amphib units can load into amphib ships without a port. But an amphib ship can unload any unit without a port, it just needs to not be a water hex.

Having your minister control the transport does work, But it can run into issues. If you select your units and then select navl transport in anouther continent, IF the minister has availible ships, and ports he will automaticaly transport the units for you. But it does follow a few checks. like the units being at a port, unloading at a port, and must have ships availible (note if the ship is already under orders for somthing else then it is not availible). and if it is not under AI control it is not availible.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I actually use the "load into" command.

* move land units to pier
* move transport ship to pier
* issue "load up" command to ship
* select ship
* right click destination, selected unload. (Ctrl+Rt Click for SRCW)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
scutshake
Lieutenant

Post by scutshake »

MM thanks guys ive been having some trouble playing shattered world cuz of it playing as england and marselle declared war on my and im haivnig trouble which was stated above loading more into a hex and either the units move into adjacent hex of the ships just sail off but the units do follow the ship and load up afterwards i have found

Return to “Military - 2020”