Problem with ships returning to base when out of ammo

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

cnelson
Private
Human: Yes

Problem with ships returning to base when out of ammo

Post by cnelson »

I have been going through many of the posts relating to military control, automation, defense minister etc and everything is working exactly how I want it except for one very annoying thing.

My ships (most problematic being the DDR's) automatically try to return to their port of origin when they run out of supply ammo. This occurs even when they are in water that I control and has plenty of suply value. I also know it has nothing to do with their Fuel because that is almost always full.

Is there any help anyone could give me?

Thanks
catatonic
General

Re: Problem with ships returning to base when out of ammo

Post by catatonic »

"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Problem with ships returning to base when out of ammo

Post by GIJoe597 »

This shows no sign of being changed almost 4 years later, so a quick cut and paste I posted in another thread on how to work around it.

"naval units will head back to the last port they were "docked" in. To get them to use your newly captured port, order them to repair in it. The sets it as the current default location they head to when they need to resupply."

Addition: Or, you can always ensure they have a supply ship with them. Then they never run out of supply and the problem does not occur.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “Military - 2020”