fuel and supply

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

fuel and supply

Post by georgios »

Transport units have 2 different supply capacities? one for military goods and one for petroleum??
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: fuel and supply

Post by Balthagor »

No, when fuel is given it consumes military goods but gives the unit only the value of petroleum that was used to create the military goods. This actually creates some waste.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

but there is petroleum consumed by the military..

where goes this petroleum?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Can you explain it better?

Fuel is drown from petroleum stocks. Where goes then?

For example 1 ton military goods needs 75 bbl petroleum. When a military unit is consuming 75 bbl to travel 75 km, it really consumes 1 ton military goods?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

In my mod military goods are not made directly from petroleum. They are made from industry goods, that are made from electricity, which can be or not be from petroleum power plants.

But my units still consume petroleum drained from my stocks.

What happens?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'll answer here but stop asking the same question in multiple threads or you will face a reprimand.

If you used 50 barrels as part of making 10t military goods that got put on a ship and that ship finds a unit that needs 25 barrels of petrol, it will give it 5t of military goods which will be converted into 25 barrels of fuel. I already said that this creates waste in terms of the other commodities that got used.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Forgive me. I will never create multiple threads again.

So transport units are not loaded with fuel. They are loaded with mil goods which are converted in fuel when needed. And military petroleum consumption happens only in friendly ground or water.
Kellick
Captain

Post by Kellick »

Actually the IFR still do take it out of their own fuel and replace it with fuel converted from goods right?
I know a change was made because they used to give away all their own fuel and then crash, but IIRC the change was just that they wouldn't give away all their own fuel (probably only to half). If not most of the IFR are useless since they have no cargo capacity, and honestly they are mostly useless (the Viking being the sole exception I can think of, has possible use since it can refuel off carriers and then refuel non-carrier capable aircraft, but it's too much micromanagement headache even for me).

A lot of them have horrible fuel efficiency as well. I imagine when originally designed their fuel cargo load was added to most of them as fuel instead of cargo since that was the way it was done, and it took a lot of playtesting to see that it was a serious design flaw, and most of them never got rebalanced.

Granted since IFR wasn't a thing during WW2 I guess they won't get fixed for 1936 either, but it's probably something that should go to unit errata somewhere someday.

Anyway, yes, I was thinking the same thing as Balth said, stop spamming the same question all over the board, it makes it harder to help you, it makes his job harder since he does the forum moderation too, and his time could be put to better use than cleaning up after us, it also makes it harder for other people who might make use of the information or join in the discussion to as well. And yes, I'm being somewhat hypocritical since I'm responding in 2 threads myself. I reprimand myself as well. ;)

While we're on it, try to keep to 1 subject per topic (again I am as guilty as anyone of digressing all over the place...but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try). Again because it makes it harder for the info to be found. It also makes it less likely that it will be seen or given serious consideration by BG. It makes Balth happy, and if you keep Balth happy he will go above and beyond to try to find answers to your questions.

A lot of info you are looking for is in the older 2020 threads, although most anything conclusive made it to the wiki. Balth and others (I think Ruges really did the bulk of it...and of course most of the usual suspects around here contributed) put together a huge amount of info there. Yes, there's a ton of stuff nobody seems to have good answers to, but sometimes you need to do your own research and testing.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Thank you for the so much details in both your posts.

Perhaps we should merge these posts and the problem will be solved.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'd have to split other stuff then merge to this one. Too much trouble.

I don't remember how the IFR aircraft work, it's been a while...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - 2020”