Training Aircraft

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

LORD_BUNGLA
Lieutenant

Post by LORD_BUNGLA »

Maybe you should have some trainers. SAy if you give you pilots trainers before they fly the real thing, they get an extra bonus in combat.
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Hey thats a nice thought I was actually thinking about something like that, but then it also occured to me all pilots theoretically would be trained in trainers and such- that'd be the more behind the scenes part of the game i'm guessing, but I was hoping for an option to develop a sort of Top Gun Academy and be able to send so many pilots there monthly yearly or whatever to give them a sort of elite status thats denoted on their Unit pictures (in the case of teh game one unit at a time would be sent to that school).

Not sure what BG has thought about in regards to this if anything, we already know they get Exp from fighting.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

So far all training aircraft have been left out. As Empier suggested, we treat them as behind the scenes elements. Most of the stuff you seem to be looking for would be part of the unit training orders. You could send your units for tactics training and it is assumed the use training aircraft as part of the exercise. I don’t see anyone using a full squadron of training craft for attack.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This is another item where I was forced to change my stance, in particular because a couple South American countries converted the Tucano into the Super Tucano and actually use it as both trainer and attack plane (really kinda sad, little prop plane as their airforce...) so the question now becomes, does anyone else know of any trainers that should be assumed to be converted to attack planes because of wide distribuition and lack of anything else to strap a bomb onto?
Galindo
Lieutenant

Re: Training Aircraft

Post by Galindo »

Balthagor wrote:This is another item where I was forced to change my stance, in particular because a couple South American countries converted the Tucano into the Super Tucano and actually use it as both trainer and attack plane (really kinda sad, little prop plane as their airforce...) so the question now becomes, does anyone else know of any trainers that should be assumed to be converted to attack planes because of wide distribuition and lack of anything else to strap a bomb onto?
Hi! I'm sorry to make a comment on such a old topic, but there is something bothering me the Super Tucano is completely useless =/ I ain't gonna complain on the fact that South America is lacking a lot of effort 'cause i'm content with the fact that at list I can play on it ;) But the Tucano and Super Tucano is one of the most sold planes in the world of the last decade and i belive you know that the USAF plan to buy 200 of then for counter insurgence so please if you can't make it stronger( I understand that the game has its limitations and that a light atack plane can't be stronger than a A-4 skyhawk), please make it cheaper cause the build cost and maintenance cost is way over reality. also there are a lot of names of cities misspelled it would be nice if we could change the names of places and units. =)
"Ordem e Progresso"
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Holy necro batman! :lol:
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

There is someone that knows how to use the search function
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Are we talking about SR2010 or SR2020?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Galindo
Lieutenant

Post by Galindo »

Balthagor wrote:Are we talking about SR2010 or SR2020?
I've bought the 2020 Gold I've played with Brazil on World in Crises (Brazil is simply too bad on the others) 'till 2035 but gave up cause even been the strongest country i needed others to get good units and the US was Bankrupted =p But the game is awesome is realy rare for me to spend that much time on games =D But it would be realy good if there were a place that we could tell the developers the list of things that are definitely wrong, so it could be improved on the next update. Is here the place?
"Ordem e Progresso"
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Galindo wrote:
Balthagor wrote:Are we talking about SR2010 or SR2020?
I've bought the 2020 Gold I've played with Brazil on World in Crises (Brazil is simply too bad on the others) 'till 2035 but gave up cause even been the strongest country i needed others to get good units and the US was Bankrupted =p But the game is awesome is realy rare for me to spend that much time on games =D But it would be realy good if there were a place that we could tell the developers the list of things that are definitely wrong, so it could be improved on the next update. Is here the place?
I don't think there is a next Update, but insted a next title maybe...
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You're on the right forum, but in the wrong section, this section is for the previous title, Supreme Ruler 2010. Since this thread is so old I'll review it and either split it or move it entirely to the SR2020 section. I'll post again in a few minutes...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, the whole thread got moved. If someone is rereading this from the beginning, note that "unit training" was a feature of SR2010 that did not carry over to SR2020.
Galindo wrote:Hi! I'm sorry to make a comment on such a old topic, but there is something bothering me the Super Tucano is completely useless =/ ... But the Tucano and Super Tucano is one of the most sold planes in the world of the last decade and i belive you know that the USAF plan to buy 200 of then for counter insurgence so please if you can't make it stronger...
I'm not sure I follow your logic here. Just because it is "widely sold" and used for counter insurgency, how does that prove it should have better attack values? What you'd need to do if you're analyzing the balance of this unit is figure out roughly what it's normal payload is then find another unit in game that has similar payload and point us to it so we can match up the stats.
Galindo wrote:...please make it cheaper cause the build cost and maintenance cost is way over reality...
If you have information on how much it costs IRL, please provide links to the information. We are always looking to improve the accuracy of the game where possible.
Galindo wrote:...also there are a lot of names of cities misspelled it would be nice if we could change the names of places and units. =)
We have a thread dedicated to Map Errata, please post anything you find in that thread but please search for the name first and be sure you have the latest update (6.6.2)

Welcome to the forums!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Galindo
Lieutenant

Post by Galindo »

Balthagor wrote:Okay, the whole thread got moved. If someone is rereading this from the beginning, note that "unit training" was a feature of SR2010 that did not carry over to SR2020.
Galindo wrote:Hi! I'm sorry to make a comment on such a old topic, but there is something bothering me the Super Tucano is completely useless =/ ... But the Tucano and Super Tucano is one of the most sold planes in the world of the last decade and i belive you know that the USAF plan to buy 200 of then for counter insurgence so please if you can't make it stronger...
I'm not sure I follow your logic here. Just because it is "widely sold" and used for counter insurgency, how does that prove it should have better attack values? What you'd need to do if you're analyzing the balance of this unit is figure out roughly what it's normal payload is then find another unit in game that has similar payload and point us to it so we can match up the stats.
Galindo wrote:...please make it cheaper cause the build cost and maintenance cost is way over reality...
If you have information on how much it costs IRL, please provide links to the information. We are always looking to improve the accuracy of the game where possible.
Galindo wrote:...also there are a lot of names of cities misspelled it would be nice if we could change the names of places and units. =)
We have a thread dedicated to Map Errata, please post anything you find in that thread but please search for the name first and be sure you have the latest update (6.6.2)

Welcome to the forums!
ok about the atack value I will not disagree since the reference is payload but since some contries even the US seems to belive that the Super Tucano is a good choice to (COIN) even better than the A-10 at least the soft atack could be improved but i'm ok as it is ;)
Now about the cost on a quick search on google I found two sites that showed price tags:
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairf ... 90427.aspx
http://www.question-defense.info/worldd ... braer.html
the first from 2005 says 6-7 millions US dollars and the other from 2009 says that the US should pay about 9 millions I belive the price has increased now taking that into consideration I belive that to build the prop plane it would cost a lot less than that and surely Brazil paid much less than this export price but also this is of almost none importance since the question is that the plane is a success for it's low price/hours flight. How would it be cheaper to maintain so many other jet planes than a light trainer/striker prop plane? And why doens't Brazil owns any Super Tucano? Why can't Brazil build it's subs TUPI or the UAVs Carcará. Where is the french EC-735 that Brasil will build are you guys aware of the new purchases? Do I have to make new topics for the new questions? =) if I do sorry but thare are many more =D
And for last thanks for the quick answers I don't usually use forum of games but it seems that you realy want to improve the game.
"Ordem e Progresso"
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

There is by the way, one update still planned to come our way at this time according to the devs.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Wow, that's a lot of questions...

* Cost/Build time - k, I agree, cost and build time reduced for next update.

Q: How would it be cheaper to maintain so many other jet planes than a light trainer/striker prop plane?
A: Maintenance is a function of cost, the reduced cost will mean reduced maint.

Q: And why doens't Brazil owns any Super Tucano?
A: Don't remember why we reduced the inventory, back for the next update.

Q: Why can't Brazil build it's subs TUPI
A: Appears to be an error, looking into it.

Q: or the UAVs Carcará
A: we don't model small UAVs like that for any country.

Q: Where is the french EC-735 that Brasil will build are you guys aware of the new purchases?
A; Sometimes we are aware, not sure if this made our list. If you have a web link on the details please post it.

If you want to post corrections about one specific region, start a thread in the support section and post your details. Just be aware that sometimes it takes a while for us to reply to stuff. I was looking at some of the South American stuff so was able to answer these right away but that was just getting lucky :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - 2020”