Modern Day Campaign

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

WuOne
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Modern Day Campaign

Post by WuOne »

I see something is heading the way it's currently heading :lol: . You use the newest version? Haven't experienced this my self with the US, Japan usually go bankkrupt but not always. also what settings are you playing with?
I downloaded it 1 month ago or something, when was v1.5 released?
All the settings are default, I didnt change anything. military, economic, diplomatic set to normal, hot relations medium, resources medium, initial funds low, approval low.
And I start with the units...
Well, how you say "something is heading the way it's currently heading" that's true and its kinda fun about it, and I experience world crisis at this point, as they cant buy nothing, demand and prices for products goes down, people emigrate from USA and coming to me, cant stop immigration, unemployment goes high, and im not feeling like building new facilities is the right decision here as there is no demand for production. Guess just need to build some more military and attack, 106 land fabrication till now, we'll see what happens.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I wonder, does anyone else experience this and if so, how often? Is there also someone not experiencing this?
The factors contributing to the bankruptcy of a country is very complex. If you out produce a country, massive armies, the Hard coded AI etc. can cause this. If you want to you can invade them or buy them out :wink: , if their banckrupt then their probably not going to get out of that.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
WuOne
Captain

Post by WuOne »

I got it twice like this, while playing for Russia, well second time they are self sufficient for most resources including and mil. goods...
Didn't play for the other country so far...
It also might be the initial funds are too high so they use it all on full scale military production until they go bankrupt
Last edited by WuOne on Oct 13 2012, edited 1 time in total.
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Is the best economic and trade system in this mode?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

The player has a large influence on the world economy. Becoming self suffecient means you over produce, thus you sell stuff, And when a player starts selling goods he typicaly drives demand down till it is ranked unfavorable. The AI will not produce excess goods that are unfavorable on the market to sell, Even if doing so will get them a profit. This starts a downwards spiral, they start to make less, So then they lower there social spending. Which in turn lowers there production and further lowers there profit, so then they have to raise taxes which also lowers production.

During all of this, if the AI is at war, it is bent on war. If it has the ability to produce units it will produce them. If it has the ability to build fabrication plants it will build them. if it has the cash it will maintain defcon 1. The costs at defcon 1 can be up to half of a countries costs, Only trade can sustain this high of a defcon rating, so they will evenualy run out of money.

And again once they run out of money, they cut social spending and production even further making it so they recieve even less income. This is typicaly a hole they cannot come out of. And in the end they have a ton of units sitting around with no fuel or supplies to operate them running at defcon 3 becouse thats all they can offered and they are not allowed to lower it further.

So if you care that much about the worlds economy. dont become the worlds main seller. Only sell when conditions are favorable, which you are going to find is not very often, even when there is a huge price markup. And even this wont save all countries. The US for example cannot sustain itself. With its massive army and infrastructure, it would have to sell so much, and the AI will just not sell enough.
WuOne
Captain

Post by WuOne »

So I bring them to bankrupt, and then attack. Sounds like a plan :)
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

WuOne wrote:So I bring them to bankrupt, and then attack. Sounds like a plan :)
Like the US did to the USSR, they basically out-produced them in military.
Happy Linux user!
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Not very important but.. Are you planning to update leaders?
And more important, i'm planning to get Cold War, do you have built a campaign like this one on it?
And why you gave so much units to USA? ê_é

Oh and of course, very nice work. I give you all my congratulations for this mod. :wink:
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Niko465 wrote:Not very important but.. Are you planning to update leaders?
And more important, i'm planning to get Cold War, do you have built a campaign like this one on it?
And why you gave so much units to USA? ê_é

Oh and of course, very nice work. I give you all my congratulations for this mod. :wink:
Update leaders and more event...
Hullu you know everybody want new update :-)
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Yeah I know :-) , currently I have the 'End of an Era'(early 1990's) mod for Cold War, but not a modern day campaign, Fistails has a mod in that time frame for cold war. I have very limited free time for modding, currently SREE(end of an era) is taking up that time. I've recently started a new job, so I have even less time now. But if I get the extra time in the future, then I will consider it :-) , but not currently :-?. SO nothing is currently planned for this mod :-(
And why you gave so much units to USA?
Because USA has that much units in the real world :wink:, my cold war mod has even more units in the game, I even modified the system requirements for that mod :lol:
Happy Linux user!
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Yea.I understand.You and Fistalis really great.Therefore you can remove a good job of.Fistalis and you.
So mod era is complete,I think you can join Fistalis's Modern Mod.İf Fistalis want.. :-)
WuOne
Captain

Post by WuOne »

Hey Hullu, I modified 2010.WMDATA file , but my changes doesnt take effect, its first time when i try to mod something in supreme ruler...
maybe you can help.
I wanted to stimulate world oil crisis and growing prices so i tried to reduce wmnodeproduction, also wanted to reduce metal production as there is no demand on it, and include timber in consumer goods production etc... thinking to make world product demands reasonable and realistic. Ok so I changed what I need, but the changes doesnt make any difference, not in new game, not in current saved game, what should I do to make it work? I heard something about cashe files but I have no clue how and what to do now.
Thanks.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Correct. You need to re-cache it to see changes. How to create cache
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
WuOne
Captain

Post by WuOne »

I need to delete global crisis cache file for modern day campaign and then load global crisis game (im playing Modern World)? It can take up to 90 min and I cant even minimize game... Just want to make sure I do it right before wasting 90 min...
Hope I will get the results I expected then...
number47
General

Post by number47 »

WuOne wrote:I need to delete global crisis cache file for modern day campaign and then load global crisis game (im playing Modern World)? It can take up to 90 min and I cant even minimize game... Just want to make sure I do it right before wasting 90 min...
Hope I will get the results I expected then...
You need to delete cache file that is being used by Modern Day mod (check the .scenario file and look somewhere near the end it should refer to certain .SAV file; that .SAV is actually the cache you want to delete or better said remove to a different location...just in case it is a wrong one :D )

Best way for testing would be excluding the .oob file from the cache (in the .scenario file find the line mentioning .oob file and add //in front of that line) as oob makes the caching process take so long. With that line excluded, it will take few minutes max to create the cache file.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”