Mods for Military Initiative?

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

arctic_anomaly
Private
Human: Yes

Mods for Military Initiative?

Post by arctic_anomaly »

Hi

I have been playing this game a lot and i really enjoy it, although im not very good, my favourite thing to do is build up a country, create a massive army and set targets for my army, send all my troops in and then when they start to hit large resistance let the unit initiative (on high) mico the army to defeat a nations defences and take the capital. I have been having a lot of success with this tactic but the more I play the more I find it fustrating that even with military initiative set to high and units being allowed to be controlled by the AI, a lot of time the vast majority of my offensive army will retreat to the nearest base or just sit around near a border doing absolutely nothing, even if they are fully supplied, have a target nearby and plenty of enemies to kill. (I usually set a hotspot of medium or low prio on their capital and set two or three high prio targets at a time near the border and work my way to the capital setting new hotspots as i capture them)

As it gets further into the game and there is more of an army to control the game eventually gets slower, which i understand is just what kinda happens with everything the game needs to compute, which is fine because i love just sitting back and watching my army make its way to destroy my enemies with little input from me, i tend to focus on setting targets and letting the armies fight it out.

I've also been looking at playing with some mods recently too, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest some mods that I might find enjoyable with this laid-back style of gameplay and particularly if there were any mods that increase the amount of control the ai has over my armies or increases the agressiveness so that my units dont just sit doing nothing in a well supplied area while their brethren die unaided literally only a couple of hexes away.

It may seem like a silly request but i do like watching the armies fight on their own more than i enjoy micromanaging my wars and prefer to focus on my economy and research.

Bit of a long post, thanks for reading.

I look forward to any suggestions you may have :)

Thanks

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”