Map Errata (Toponymic or Position)

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Notelpats
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Map Errata (Toponymic or Position)

Post by Notelpats »

Fair enough.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hawaii comments split to new thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Minorin
Corporal

Post by Minorin »

Almost forgot, but the capital of North Dakota ('Bismark', in game) is actually spelled 'Bismarck'.
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

The city near 438:213, spelled "Dundall" should be spelled "Dundalk". Big shipyard on the Chesapeake.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
Rogs
Sergeant

Post by Rogs »

in australia, the main transport corridor from sydney to melbourne is missing. from sydney, the freeway goes southwest then north and west of canberra and the mountains and then heads southwest and then south.

canberra is on a bypass that forms a triangle with the sydney-melbourne freeway

if roads in 2020 represent dual carriageway-type infrastructure, many of the roads in Australia shouldn't be represented. ie, sydney to melbourne is nearly all dual carriageway, sydney to brisbane is mostly dual carriageway, melbourne to adelaide is half dual carriageway, and thats it.

otherwise dual carriageways are on the approaches to or in cities

australia's hopelessly behind in freeway construction compared to europe or US. one of the probs of having only 20m people to pay for a continent's worth of infrastructure and no economy of scale.

the rail network is better than the freeway coverage, but its old style (no VFT/TGV) and apart from the intercity corridors, single track

cheers
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Concordia, Argentina is a town with 2 towns same hex. Can still build 6 facilities.
MadsMartin
Corporal

Post by MadsMartin »

Hi There
having just discovered this great game I thought I would give my two cent as for corrections needed, well, only really have one till now, but in the interest of posting something on the forum I will :lol:

in Denmark
one city is spelled wrong, and being from little DK where we really only have a few things other then our pride of our country :P I better point it out

Raders = Randers

seems someone missed a N-key there but no biggie :-)

anyway thanks for a great game, just my style of game, am of course looking forward to the next update to see what changes being made but for now I love it :-)

P.S. I did try to check if it was mentioned before but did not find it and given that I just started my games in the last week, with full updates (to my knowledge and what I could find online) of both SR2020 and GC (yes, had to buy both of course) then I dont think it have been corrected, but of course sorry if I say smth that others have and thanks for the greatest game in this millium (for me at least)

P.P.S.
just noticed, or rather remembered...
how come two big airports are missing in DK
Karup and Billund
ok, Billund is not millitary but still an international airport
as for Karup (or Grove as it also known) then that is a military airport, use to be where our fighter jets where kept, but they moved to Alborg, another airport missing :wink: now Karup only have the helicopters.
anyway being a local to the Karup area (and Randers) I find it weird the airport is not there, I know from friends in the military (airforce) that Karup is one of the few places in north europe where the runway is build really strong (German WWII engineering I guess, btw my granddad was a slavelaborer working on it) and so it is where they practice "touch and go" landings all day with AWACS and even C-5 galaxies when they come around, even see a few an-124's comming to it

Edit: yeah, I discovered that aalborg airport is there in little denmark, my bad [_]O
Last edited by MadsMartin on Aug 31 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Lea
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Lea »

I ask to raise on a map the White Sea-Baltic Canal:

Programmers will make it much easier prisoners:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Our usual criteria; Can you sail a Submarine and Aircraft Carrier up that in real life?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Lea
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Lea »

Balthagor wrote:Our usual criteria; Can you sail a Submarine and Aircraft Carrier up that in real life?
No. Only patrol boats or some corvette.
It same deep, as Volga-Baltic Waterway:
In both places the way is closed for modern submarines and big ships.
czert
Captain

Post by czert »

Just one - but big - capital city of Slovakia is BRATISLAVA and not Kosice.
Can you beat me ?http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You are correct it is. It also is in game. This was corrected a while back as it was reported almost a year ago.

Please use the search function before posting corrections and be sure to have the latest update, version x.6.2
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Done to this point with some exceptions;

Kyyiv, Mahilyow, Vayz'ma, Vinnytsya, Vitsyebsk - We use local names as listed in our source, these stay. Thanks for the other corrections.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

In Bosnia,City of ***Treinje*** or something close to that should be Trebinje. Checked on Bosnian,Croatian and Serbian language and im sure Bosnians call it like that too (speaking same language only a emphasis)
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”