Oil derrick bug

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Hundane
General

Oil derrick bug

Post by Hundane »

Before the mods get onto me, I did use the search feature but was unable to find the post. I know its there somewhere but I couldnt find the one that addressed the issue.

The post I'm thinking about is the one about the oil derricks being out of supply. I have noticed that when you take an oil derrick you damage it somewhat but you can repair it. The getting out of supply bug seems to occur only when you take it while its being repaired. IE , you take it , fix, the enemy takes it back , you take it again before the construction is finished.

If a mod can move this to the right place , I would be thankful

Thanks
Hundane
General

Re: Oil derrick bug

Post by Hundane »

This happened while playing SR2020 maybe thats why I couldnt find the post I had read about the bug.

I found something else as well, with the beta patch I was able to build oceanic complexes and oil derricks on both wide and narrow river hexes that had oil/gas but not in ocean hexes. I dont know if that was possible before the beta patch so not sure if its new.

Can also be built on lake hexes
If bridges are built first in those hexes , it will not allow you to build there.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Is the ocean territory your building on belong to you? There is no way to claim international waters.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Is the ocean territory your building on belong to you? There is no way to claim international waters

No. Its not any ocean terrain, I couldnt get it to work there , But you can build it on a narrow river , wide river, or lake hex.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I just tried in 5.3.52 new game as UK, found an empty hex with oil in it, built a derrick no problem.

more info plz.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I was playing as Oklahoma, no ocean near there. I didnt think you were able to build an oceanic complex unless you have a coastline.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Ok I narrowed it down some,,, If you start as Texas, in Melting Point or Shattered World it will not let you build any NEW oceanic complexes in an ocean hex. IT will let you build them on Narrow and Wide River hexes.

If you play the other campaigns as USA, you can build New Oceanic Complexes along the Texas coast as it should be.

Sorry for the confusion, I assumed that Oceanic Complexes were bugged cause I never could build any new ones on the Shattered World or Melting Point Campaigns.
powercell
Colonel

Post by powercell »

Here is another info: I can not build oil derreck on any hex that does not mark as "water" (use thw "w" key). However, I can build oil derreck in any water hex even if it in land or river. All of the ocean hex are not marked are water. Is that normal?

I use Texas/Oklahoma as a quick test.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The water along the Texas coast in Melting Point is unsupplied. You can only build in supplied waters.

Now why that area is not supplied is a good question, I'll have to investigate that...

(hotkey <W> is intended to highlight rivers and lakes. If you think it should be done differently start a new thread in Dev forum)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
powercell
Colonel

Post by powercell »

You are right. I completely forgot about checking supply. Oil derreck work fine in supplied ocean hex.

The "W" key works fine.

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”