Benefits of Renewable Power...

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Benefits of Renewable Power...

Post by CptBritish »

Yes the main Benefit of Renewable power is more Coal and Petrol for your industary... But are there bonuses to the Enviroment by using Non-Fossil Fuel plants?

As Korea I'm producing all my Power using Other and Hydro Plants (Just because I can afford too :D) but wouldn't it be a good idea to have DAR/Enviromental bonuses for using 'Green' Power? or are there and I just haven't noticed (i've had renewable power producing all my Power for 4 years now)
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: well sure i like breathing clean air. :x if it wasn't for those chinese burning fossil fuel in china and letting all the smog float over here. :lol: course its mostly on the west coast but someday it be on this side of the country.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

I did mean in the Game but wat the hell :D

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: I know just saying. hey at least ur trying to clean up the place. :lol: gives me a reason not to nuke anything in asia now. :lol: na i nuke them anyways teach them to burn that fossil fuel. :lol: (how u like radiation its not good to breathe is it? Well u shouldn't have sent all that smog over here.) :lol:
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

could save you petrol or uranium aswell as coal or any combination of the three depending on which plants you have

I am fairly sure but by no means certain that different kinds of power plants do have different effects on the enviroment rating

It mentions enviroment in the Tech descriptions for other power plants and also fusion plants.

Plus I think I heard a dev mention it, or something very similar to it
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Could we hear from the Devs on this if they've got time...

I know its not vital and I'm not really bothered if they don't make the Enviroment 'Better' but would be nice to know...

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

It would be cool if having less poluting power plants made your social service of environment cheaper to keep at the same level than did the more poluting power plants.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Some political effect,(or efffects on WM), reseach effects or production effects. would also me great. For example, a nation which start its first Nuclear power plant is generaly seen as potentialy dangerous. For example, Iran want to build nuclear reactors for energy production, but the UN is afraid they want to use them for the development of nuclear weapons. Meabbe it an idea to give nuclear powerplant an bonus on reseaching nuclear weapopns and lower the cost of nuclear weapons. Another negative effect of building nuclear reactors might be on the local DAR which is generaly expected to lower (nobody want a nuclear reactor in their back yard)
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

At present, you can gain some civilian and world approval when you research certain green technologies, but this does not currently look at whether you are using them to give you an even bigger benefit.

It's a good idea, though, and we have it recorded for future consideration...

-- George.
lordrune
Lieutenant

Post by lordrune »

BTW, I always try to convert as much as possible of my country to 'Other' or 'Hydro' power if I have the means :) The per/unit cost of the power just drops so much, and it releases so much raw materials (especially petroleum) for usage or consumption.

I don't know if there's a hidden cost with using 'Other' power, but I seem to have an idea that it's cheaper to run because it's not consuming an expensive raw resource.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: I still prefer the fusion plants over any of the other ones. :lol: Course it takes so long to get them.

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”