Export Markup Bug?

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Seydlitz
Major

Export Markup Bug?

Post by Seydlitz »

I've encountered this issue numerous times, but it doesn't always affect my games. And Update 3 didn't fix it.

I'll use the example of my China scenario because it was the first time I encountered the problem. The World Market price for Electricity was $118 mw/h, and I was selling all my excess production at around $115 mw/h, and making a handsome revenue of $500 million a day.

Then, one day, the minister stepped in and raised my export price to $125 mw/h, and I would reset it, but in a few game hours, it would be back to $125. I had the padlock on, so that wasn't the problem. I had the same problem playing as Central America, and the WM and minister export prices were both the same as in the China scenario.

I've experienced the same problem in a few other scenarios, and it always affects only electricity exports. Has anyone else encountered this? I didn't see it mentioned...
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Actually I seen this with other exports. Sometimes when I lower a product price lower than any other region it sometimes raises back above the WM price.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

I've only experienced it with electricity, and now it's in every game I play, regardless of WM price - in fact, when there is no WM for electricity, it still raises the price to a level that prevents me from selling any excess. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to know what is going on.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

I've been doing some testing on this... and have documented some strange behaviours. It may be linked to auto pricing... which for electricity appears to be ON although the setting is hidden because you cannot push an amount of electricity to the market (you can't stock electricity). Or it may be something else. I've documented the behaviour for George (Lead Programmer) to look at and fix.
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

More of the same

Post by Il Duce »

I see the same phenomenon - it doesn't seem to matter what the commodity is. It is notable during periods of stable WM and region pricing - at some point, although the minister is locked out, the sale price will notch up.

I always play with pricing locked, and specifically with NO instructions to the commerce minister. I pick my minister for integrity and low initiative as well as locking all prices and amounts. This effectively puts production on full manual control.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

I tried changing my minister, and, I'm glad to say, I was able to get her to leave the markup alone after a couple of "corrections" on my part. It's not pretty, but it works, and that's all that matters, right? :-) Thanks for the tip, it'll help me out a great deal.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

I've something opposite...

I'm apx 10 years in Mongolia and started a few wars.
I've been kicked out of the WM and because of that i can't export
-consumer goods- anymore (other regions don't buy my stuff... :-? )
My export price decrease slowly to its costprice no matter what i do..
(autopricing on/off... minister settings...etc)

So maybe it has something to do with supply and demand on the total market.....
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Price adjusts

Post by Il Duce »

Even with all ministerial controls locked out, sales prices will 'float' a bit, keeping up with minor adjustments in the marketplace and keeping your sales in relatively the same position, and this is usually acceptable [even desirable].

The "notch-up" that I mentioned, and that I believe the others are talking about looks more like a minister's activity of testing the market for a higher price - it goes up even though all of the other prices have been stable - and it does not necessarily not adjust back down. This happens regardless of locks and seems to be related to initiative and integriy of the minister - at least I have been able to suppress it, as mentioned, by changing to a minster with more integrity and less inititative. Since the minister has no orders and is locked out, this is not a big thing.

The Electricity one is very specific - regardless of your cost for electricity, you will wish to sell whatever excess you have for anything you can get for it [you can't stockpile it]. If you set your sale price to under the WM point, and return after a few days, you will see that it has risen essentially arbitratrily... This does not happen with other prices.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

FYI ...my exportprice for CG is now diving under the costprice... :-?
(autopricing = off)

Looks buggy to me....
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

And when that happened what was the going market rate?
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

In my current game the WM price = $30,000
Costprice = $18,000
Export = $9,000

And still having a -50% markup...... :-?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Are you no longer in the world market OR being boycotted by them ?

This will cause your export price to automatically drop to a negative 50% markup.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

I'm been kicked out and they boycot most of my products.
(except agriculture i believe.... i'm at work right now so i can't check this)

But it's only C.goods showing this strange behaviour..... :-?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I have saved games were every single comodity except power is at a negative 50% markup(which really makes it a mark down :P )

I dont think ive ever seen the electricity get affected by this.

I also dont know if its a bug or supposed to happen.

I do know that everytime i know of that it occured to me, i was boycotted and kicked from the WM before it happened.
So i just wrote it off as a penalty for annoying the WM too much.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Export Markup Bug?

Post by Uriens »

Seydlitz wrote:I've encountered this issue numerous times, but it doesn't always affect my games. And Update 3 didn't fix it.

I'll use the example of my China scenario because it was the first time I encountered the problem. The World Market price for Electricity was $118 mw/h, and I was selling all my excess production at around $115 mw/h, and making a handsome revenue of $500 million a day.

Then, one day, the minister stepped in and raised my export price to $125 mw/h, and I would reset it, but in a few game hours, it would be back to $125. I had the padlock on, so that wasn't the problem. I had the same problem playing as Central America, and the WM and minister export prices were both the same as in the China scenario.

I've experienced the same problem in a few other scenarios, and it always affects only electricity exports. Has anyone else encountered this? I didn't see it mentioned...
I still see this happening in my games (update 3). Actually it happens so often that I sell all my goods manually because I can't trust minister to keep the price where i set them.

As far as electricity goes it happens to me like this:
- The WM price of electricity is 118 so I set mine to 116.
- During that day (usually a little after half day has passed) the my price goes up to 125 (magical number in this case apparently since it always goes to this price) on its own (minister I guess). :evil:
- I set it back to 116 and it stays there for a couple of days.
- Then, after a short while (few game days) it goes back to 125.
- Then I set it back again and so on ...

This happens to me in EVERY game. Its very frustrating and makes auto sales almost useless since I have to check or set prices every day.
I suggest completely disabling minister for auto sales and allowing the prices to stay fixed just as they are for manual sales. Maybe just giving us lockdown button to disable the minister ourselves?

I'd really like to see this fixed in update 4. :wink:

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”