economy problem

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

theharrisonater
Lieutenant

economy problem

Post by theharrisonater »

I am playing as russia in the world map even though i shouldnt cause im a newb. The thing is i am loosing money because of many things. One is because of production of industrial goods. Which is weird becaue my budgeted trade is -202m or something but i seem to be making 1,000 m ocasionally. But the problem is it isnt relaible cause sometimes i trade negative.

Somebody give me tips for de newbing my economy and commerce. They are the things that always give me trouble so any strats for saving money and trading for profit would be nice.

Also on the products popup (hotkey p) the prices on the right hand side are those for buying or selling. and the first one is the number of units and the second is PRICE PER UNIT? I cant figure it out. Just help me with my economy
Artillery bombardment requires many tanks for defence, entrench them. If not they will die.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

You're a little vague on some of your details so I'm not entierly sure where to start with suggestions. Some basic stuff would include;

- Shut off ports if you don't need the ships. They weight a lot so use lots of military goods to build. (Military goods require industrial goods)
- Lower your defcon if not at war. It is a very expensive element of the economy
- Build some more industries for goods that youre are managing to export. Use the previous day trades to see what you're making money on.
- Don't over produce electricity unless you're sure there is someone buying it. Since it can't be stocked any unsold excess is lost.
- Reduce your military by selling off older units. If you have BMP-2s and BMP3s you can probably sell off your BMP-1s (Russian stuff is nicely named to figure out versions).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
theharrisonater
Lieutenant

Ill try shutting down some stuff.
Artillery bombardment requires many tanks for defence, entrench them. If not they will die.
Lightbringer
General

Post by Lightbringer »

If you are having to import industrial goods because your capacity is not great enough or your raw materials are not abundant enough to supply your capacity, then my best advice is to set electricity, consumer goods, and military goods to "demand" instead of capacity. If it is not a major import problem then play with one or two of these products. Basically reduce demand for industrial goods until you can improve your raw materials or capacity (or both) to meet the full demand.
Hopefully this helps you.
Oh...if you have the opposite problem and are making too many industrial goods with noone to buy them? You can set them to demand...or just lower the production level.
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Getting Profitable

Post by Eric Larsen »

theharrisonater,
Russia has good petrol supply so that's one thing to exploit. You have to wait a few weeks before the AI's run out of or sell off their initial stocks but then you can make some serious dough. Don't bother upgrading your petrol power plants, start making other power plants until you can get fusion power and then build the heck out of fusion power plants and then research the cold fusion tech to jack up their capacity. Then scrap your petrol power facilities.

I always turn off my production of military goods in the beginning as that saves having to make industrial goods. I like to build up my industrial goods supply so I can embark on major construction of production/resource facilities. That way I can allow my excess stock on hand be whittled down gradually by my increased demand due to construction. If you're producing too much of something and have more than plenty on hand then cut production down below demand and slowly use up that excess yourself. That alone really can help your corp's business profits which helps drive employment and GDP/c.

Don't be a day trader. Buy large lots occasionally. Allow the price on products to drop down to where you can buy them at or below your cost and then buy as much as is on the market.

Turn off excess production, don't just leave it all on and then turn your production to "demand" as that will always produce a bit more than demand. You will be surprised at how much you can save on maintenance by deactivating production that isn't really needed at the time. Upgrade your production/resource facilities to their maximum as that is more cost effective than building new facilities and when upgraded that actually will cut down your production costs.

Invest heavily in infrastructure as it helps keep your production up and your costs down. When at war keep it really high for better supply when advancing into enemy territory.

Research those economy/infrastructure boosters as they really do help make your region more profitable. Conservation techs are also very good at turning production shortfalls into overflows which can help reduce importing.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
theharrisonater
Lieutenant

Thanks for the advice that should help but my problem is not not meeting the demand but producing it for export. Producing more costs me more cause i have to pay the workers. But i am making money in trade. I think you answered my question i kinda need to cut funding for social programs and increase infastructure right? Im making money through trade loosing it through other things. What to do. I need inflation to stay where it is about 1.1 and unemployment to go down and gdp up. How do i do screenshots that would help?

Exact figures are:

Daily expenses: 5,288 m
Daily income: 4,512 m
Total income/deficit: 776.22 m

Budgeted trade: 12.52 m (not enough)

Previous day trade: 1,169 m

Note i have taxes at 35 percent which isnt enough but when i lower it to 0.5% (dumb right) i get 2k m in trade but lose more in taxes. If i raise taxes then somehow i just keep loosing the same ammount of money...
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Cut Expenses

Post by Eric Larsen »

the harrisonater,
What are your expenses like for military purposes? If not planning on imminent war then you should be cutting those down. I usually run about 55% taxes, sometimes as high as 64%, so your 35% tax rate just won't cut muster for funding research and social programs properly. One trick in adjusting GDP/c is your medical spending. If you increase it thus increasing the birth over death rate you'll actually be able to bring down GDP/c a bit which helps make things cheaper. Education spending also affects GDP/c fairly directly.

What kind of efficiency investment are you doing? If high while your domestic markup is low then you're not going to make enough profit from your domestic sales. I run my efficiencies fairly high but counter with higher domestic price markups, sometimes ranging up to 150-200%! I find that around 82-99% leaves me with a good DAR and good profits from domestic sales which then pays for my big R&D budget.

If you're going to run a low inflation rate of 1.1% you'll just have to bite the bullet on higher unemployment. If you want higher employment you need to raise inflation. In the long term lower inflation and higher unemployment works better. You can raise military salary spending and tell your minister to increase reserve personnel to help a little with unemployment.

In the World level just ignore budgeted trade. With no WM that number is wholly out of whack and reality. Pay attention to your daily trade and try to keep it above your daily budgeted loss and you'll be okay on your treasury.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
theharrisonater
Lieutenant

well thats not what i meant BUT it answered my question.

Anybody ever seen ECW. That stuffs funny and EXTREMELY FAKE! lol

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”