USAAR - No unit or man lost - GC

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

USAAR - No unit or man lost - GC

Post by Gonzar »

Some time ago, after reading tkobo´s AAR about how he planed to achieve a WC with no unit and no man loses on his side, i got tempted to try a similar game, but with some changes.

I will be playing USA in the GC Campaing with the following settings:
USA-Settings.png
The only modification to the game will be increasing the missile fab capacity to 20. That means each missile fab can produce 20 missiles simultaneously instead of the 1 of the unmodded game.

The main strategy remains similar: using long range non-nuclear missiles to destroy the enemy military facilities, unit stacks and cities. Conquering the country afterwards.
The main differences towards tkobos succesfull strategy will be these:
- no allies, that way if territory is to be conquered through supply creep own supply sources must be actively built or conquered in enemy territory. (Only exception will be Canada, who is already an ally by default in the GC campaign, i will not break this alliance actively, so if it holds through the whole game, so be it). Also i will help Israel in the first 5 game years, just for the heck of it, but i don’t plan to ally them.
- Using normal manned units instead of unmanned ones.
- Conquering as many cities as posible, that means only garrisoned cities will be bombarded to dust.

I will try to keep record of the destroyed cities, units and civilian casualties per country.

This AAR will also be somehow different compared to the others i have written in this forum. I don’t intend to make a very detailed description of all campaigns. Instead i will try to show only some as example of how things were done. If there is any interest in knowing any other strategies or campaigns in detail just ask me to do it, i will gladly do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gonzar on Mar 02 2010, edited 2 times in total.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Re: USAAR - No unit or man lost - GC

Post by Gonzar »

Prologue

With the chosen settings there are two neighbours that will declare war on USA quite soon: Mexico and Cuba.
If i wish to avoid any casualty (just 1 dead man and goal would not be acomplish) i am not ready yet for a war against Mexico. So my first strategy goes to buy us peace as soon as war is declared.
In the case of Cuba i must be just very carefull to avoid casualties, but it could work, so i decided to accept the war as soon as it is declared.
I will begin building the Trident II-C missiles that are available from start. I will use them to destroy facilities and cities. I will research the Trident III-C1 (Tech level 119) as soon as possible, a slightly better version of the missile. But my long term goal is to research the UGM-104 Taphius (Tech level 164), but for now i will be using the tridents.
For unit killing i will be using the air-ground AGM-158B JASSM-ER missiles.
At the start USA has a missile production capacity of 500. I will be slowly but steadily building more missile fab complexes until the fabrication capacity has increase to at least 3000. Main reason for this is that the Taphius requires a build time from 120 days, if the global capacity is not really big this war would just take hundreds of years. That must be avoided at all cost.

Besides the missile fabrication i will build mostly only submarines and aircrafts.

From the first day i work on setting the economy, social and research the way i prefer. I expect to be economically self sufficient and to finance all social at least at 100%.

Also i order to evacuate all military units from Cuba to avoid close combat when war is declared. The military facility of Guantanamo will be lost in the first war days, but we will take it back later.

I also evacuate all units near the mexican border for the same reason. Unwanted combat must be avoided or we will not be able to achieve the no man lost.

Finally i begin sending Israel financial aid and sell them some units. This aid will be kept for the first five game years. After that we will consider what to do.

After those preparations game get unpaused. Let it begin!

9th Jan 2020 Mexico declares war on us. We try to buy us peace. They agree. No units or land has been lost on either side.

10th Jan 2020 Cuba declares war on us. That was faster than i thought. Almost had no time to evacuate the cuban units. But here it is. Our first war. Our first Campaign.
Last edited by Gonzar on Mar 02 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

CUBA CAMPAIGN

Our first goal is to destroy all cuban military fabrication facilities. Second step will be to destroy all airfields and barracks on the main island. After that we will begin destroying all garrisoned cities. But first we must have some trident missiles, which we don’t have right now. While we wait for them to get built, our submarines destroy any aproaching cuban ships.

21th Mar 2020 First batch of Trident II-C is ready.

1st Sep 2020 All military facilities, barracks and airfields on the main island are destroyed. We have sent spies to identify which cities are garrisoned and which not. We begin to bombard all garrisoned cities to dust.

26 Feb 2022 All garrisoned cities destroyed. Cuba keeps La Habana as capital, despite been destroyed (undead capital, as tkobo says). There are still 8 cities on the main island that don't show any garrison. We will take them by airbone assault now. All land units on the main island have been killed, so i don't expect any counterattacks.
USA-Cuba-001.png
3th Mar 2022 All cities in the main island have been taken. We are building some sea piers. Now we will wait for supply creep to take over the island.
USA-Cuba-002.png
7th Apr 2022 The main island is in our hands. Cuba moved their capital to their only left city, Nueva Gerona on the small island. They don't surrender, so i guess i will have to destroy that city too.
USA-Cuba-003.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

10th Apr 2022 City is destroyed. Yet, they don't surrender and keep it as undead city. I will kill their remaining land units and make an airborne assault to take the small island.

4th May 2022 Cuba surrender to us.
USA-Cuba-004.png

Statistics of the cuban campaign:
USA-Cuba-005.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

To give some information of how the game developes through the years, i will include a summary of the past year at the beginning of the next, that is at 1st January.

Summary for Year 2020
USA-2021.png
Pop: 308 Mill
Tech Level: 117
Missile Fab capacity: 780
Missile Types: Trident II-C, AGM-86C ALCM
At war with: Cuba

Enemy
Destroyed Cities: 4
Killed Units: 57
Civilian Casualties: 1,1 Mill

Countries defeated: -

Summary for Year 2021
USA-2022.png
Pop: 315 Mill
Tech Level: 126
Missile Fab capacity: 1280
Missile Types: Trident III-C1, AGM-86C ALCM
At war with: Cuba

Enemy
Destroyed Cities: 17
Killed Units: 116
Civilian Casualties: 4,0 Mill

Countries defeated: -

Remember that though we have just defeated Cuba, the statistics will fully reflect this in the 2022 Summary.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

It is now May 2022 and we just conquered Cuba. What now? I am not willing to wait until the Taphius is researched to continue our WC, therefore i will try to attack the next suitable country whith whom we have a high casus belli.
USA-CB-2022.png
As we can see our casus belli is 100% against Angola. This will be our next target. But Angola is in Africa, quite far away, so it requires some preparations before we can declare war.

Prepare for our next campaign: Angola!
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Post by GIJoe597 »

Hello Gonzar, eagerly awaiting the Angola campaing details. Good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Rhyus
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by Rhyus »

Cant wait to see how u get on with ur GC good luck
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

ANGOLA CAMPAIGN

19th Jul 2022 The naval invasion task force has arrived at the coast of Angola. This is south Angola, near the city of Namibe. We will land the engineer stack and let them build a military base at the coast, while destroying any enemy land, naval or air unit before they can engage our own. At the same time the bombardment will begin. First we will destroy the city of Namibe, then we will focus on the military fabs, air fields and barracks. Angola is at war with all its neighbours, so we expect them to take most of their land. Our priority is to ensure we can build and keep a military base that will allow us to set a foot on Africa. If we can seize more land we will, but this is a secondary goal. And, of course, we must avoid any casualty.

Our missile launching sub stack is at the moment at Puerto Ricos waters. From there they will be launching the missiles Trident III-C1. As soon as we have build up supply near Africa's coast they will move there, but for now it is a very long range shooting.
USA-Angola-001.png
4th Aug 2022 The city of Namibe is destroyed. We land our engineers and begin the construction of a military complex. Now we must avoid any direct engagement. The missile attack on the angolan military fabs begins.
USA-Angola-002.png
26th Aug 2022 The military complex is ready. Now supply will begin to build up. I begin the construction of a sea pier and a supply depot.

1st Jan 2023 The initial military complex was build, we added two more with supply depots, radar, air defense and air fabrication facilities, that we will need to defend the conquered african territories in the future. We have already sized a respectable area in south Angola. All angolan military fabs and barracks are destroyed. We have also destroyed 8 cities and killed 15 angolan units so far. The war continues with the angolan neighbours advancing steadily towards the capital.
USA-Angola-003.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

5th May 2023 Capital destroyed. They keep it as "undead" capital. Most of the country is already been conquered by their neighbours or by me. Only a small part remains in Angolas hand.

27th May 2023 Congo DR declares war on us. See next campaign.
USA-CongoDR-001.png
9th Sep 2023 At last, Angola surrender. We got a good portion of the land.
USA-Angola-004.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

CONGO DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC CAMPAIGN

27th May 2023 Congo DR declares war on us. We have only a small common border to the north. There is no apparent reason for this, besides that they hate us. But it is even a good news, Angola is almost finished and this war allows us to continue our african campaign without increasing our cb.
Congo is also at war with Angola and 5 other countries. I think we can manage to kill any unit that try to come along the border while beginning our missile destruction campaign. First objective will be their military fabrication facilities, airfields and barracks.

1st Jan 2024 All military fabs and barracks are destroyed. We have been advancing in enemy territory. About 22 enemy cities have been already destroyed, as well as 21 enemy units.
USA-CongoDR-002.png
24th Feb 2024 Missile campaign continues. We have locate 8 cities that aren't garrisoned and have taken them through airborne assault. This should speed up things and work toward their surrender.

Some more cities are taken and others destroyed. Advance continues.

5th May 2024 Finally they surrender. We get most of their land.
USA-CongoDR-003.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Summary for Year 2022
USA-2023.png
Pop: 328 Mill
Tech Level: 136
Missile Fab capacity: 1800
At war with: Angola

Enemy
Destroyed Cities: 28
Killed Units: 165
Civilian Casualties: 7,9 Mill

Countries defeated: Cuba

Summary for Year 2023
USA-2024.png
Pop: 339 Mill
Tech Level: 147
Missile Fab capacity: 2160
At war with: Congo DR

Enemy
Destroyed Cities: 62
Killed Units: 231
Civilian Casualties: 21,1 Mill

Countries defeated: Cuba, Angola
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Airborne assaults on cities that could pop garrisons ?You wildman !Thats insane.......

On the missile fabs, does that mean they can build either 20 or 200 ?As opposed to 1 or 10 ?Or just one option to build 20 ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

tkobo wrote:Airborne assaults on cities that could pop garrisons ?You wildman !Thats insane.......
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, it isn't that dangerous really, by far not. In most countries there are cities that don't get garrisons, some of them will sometimes pop up some, but others will never get one. The key is to monitor those cities for a long period (months if possible), easy done with spies, so that you are almost sure there is no risk. Using this tactic i didn't have any unwanted pop ups so far, not even one.

tkobo wrote: On the missile fabs, does that mean they can build either 20 or 200 ?As opposed to 1 or 10 ?Or just one option to build 20 ?
I meant 20 missiles per facility. So if you have 5 facilities, they will produce 100 missiles, instead of the 5 from vanilla. I hope it is clear now.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Gonzar wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, it isn't that dangerous really, by far not. In most countries there are cities that don't get garrisons, some of them will sometimes pop up some, but others will never get one. The key is to monitor those cities for a long period (months if possible), easy done with spies, so that you are almost sure there is no risk. Using this tactic i didn't have any unwanted pop ups so far, not even one.
I thought i noticed something about city size a while back, that cities below a certain population size dont get garrisoned by the AI...but i never bothered to look at it in depth.Is this part of how your picking them ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “After Action Reports”