AAR [Ruges v4.36] The awakening of the Iron Wolf (Closed)

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ixonixas
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

AAR [Ruges v4.36] The awakening of the Iron Wolf (Closed)

Post by ixonixas »

INFORMATION:
THIS AAR IS OVER, BECOUSE MY PC WITH ALL ITS DATA (That includes all screenshots and saved games) HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY TERRORISTS!
This is my restart: http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 54&t=19901

There is a legend that surrounds the founding of Vilnius, the present day capital of Lithuania, The Legend of the Iron Wolf.

The legend begins with the Grand Duke of Lithuania, Gediminas, going on a hunting trip joined by the nobles of his court in the holy woods of the Valley of Sventaragis around the year 1323. Among his retinue were servants and beaters with large packs of hounds. The great forest was disturbed by the uncommon activity. All the animals, great and small reacting to the terrifying clamor invading the tranquil serenity of their province, and in mortal fear, scurried into the thicket.
Though the animals fled into the brush, the hunters were expert and skilled. Their royal horses were tenacious, and their arrows never missed the objective. Many wild animals were killed and the greatest trophy of the hunt, a splendid specimen of the great Lithuanian bison, was killed by the Grand duke himself.
In pursuit of his prize, Gediminas came to the apex of a high mountain located at the junction of the rivers Neris and Vilnia. The view from the spot was glorious and Gediminas ordered that camp be set at this place. At his command, the fires were sparked and furs were spread for sleeping.
The day had been tiring, and soon Gediminas was asleep and dreaming. In the dream he envisioned an iron wolf on this mountaintop. This wolf of iron was uttering such howls that they sounded as if there were hundreds of wolves bellowing in unison. When he awoke, Gediminas spoke of his dream to his courtiers, asking for their thoughts. They were unable to explain it. He then sent for the High Priest, Kriviu Krivaitis, of the shrine to Perkunas, the Lithuanian god of thunder, which was nearby.
The priest listened thoughtfully to the Grand Duke's rendering of his vision. The priest nodded in deference to the great ruler, and reflectively stroked his long white beard. He then pronounced the meaning of the vision: "Sire, the Iron Wolf signifies a large and mighty city. The city will stand as strong as iron and its walls will protect the land from its enemies. The howling means a clamor will arise from it reaching far beyond the country's borders and proclaiming through long centuries the glory of Lithuania.
Gediminas was pleased with the priest's explanation of his dream. Upon his return to his residence at is Kernave, he summoned artisans and craftsman from around Europe to design and construct a strong and beautiful castle on the top of the mountain where he had seen the iron wolf, at the confluence of the Vilnia and Neris rivers. The castle was completed and Gediminas moved his domicile, signaling the establishment of a new capital for his country: Vilnius. Vilnius grew into a strong and wealthy city that stands to this day, despite the onslaught of so many enemies...

Read more at Suite101: The Lithuanian Legend of the Iron Wolf: Grand Duke Gediminas Founds the Capital City of Vilnius | Suite101.com http://david-j-shestokas.suite101.com/t ... z1goltYwXA
Last edited by ixonixas on Mar 17 2012, edited 3 times in total.
ixonixas
Lieutenant

AAR [Ruges v4.36] The awakening of the Iron Wolf [Present da

Post by ixonixas »

"War....war never changes" Ron Pearlman from Fallout game

In the end of 2015 was clear that economic crisis will not end as expected. The world was falling around us. We though that alliances and unions like EU or NATO will stand together no matter what. We were wrong... In 2018 Italy, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, Czeck Respublic, Hungary, Slovenia and Latvia were withdrawn from NATO, becouse of "Selfish actions against other members" as it was claimed by the Pentagon. It was a big mess in Europe and while Americas eyes were watching China and its actions in Eastern waters and Ociania, Russia took the opportunity to regain power in their "lost empire lands" by any means necessary. Everyone knew that this only lead us to the third world war... We have to prepare.

Options: default - Ruges (exept random events - high)
Industries: All resourses demand set to 110%, selling 75% surplus (exept petrolium, uranium, military and industrial goods - ~35%)
Research: All working at 100%. Researching T-12A anti tank gun (for now).
Finances: Taxes 40% (low income, corporate and small business taxes is reduced)
Defence: initiative medium, everything else - default.
Locked all ministers

Jan 1st, 2020

I need to get ready for the worst, but Lithuania don't have any military goods facility, so I have to build one ASAP.
I chose Klaipėda, becouse its pretty big city, well deffended and are far away from front line with Belarus. As you can see below there is baracks and airfield in Palanga.

While Lithuania is not producing any metal, i found a hex filled with metal ore. Gonna need that metal to feed my warmashine.

I relocated all units to eastern border and entrenching artilery and infantry units into Alytus and capital Vilnius. This is gonna be fun...

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: AAR [Ruges v4.36] The awakening of the Iron Wolf

Post by GIJoe597 »

Very interesting start. I look forward to more.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Might be the first time we see a an AAR where the player looses.
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Ruges wrote:Might be the first time we see a an AAR where the player looses.
Why you think so? Is it becouse you think i'm bad at this game, or that its nearly impossible to win this game with such a small nation?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

ixonixas wrote:Why you think so? Is it becouse you think i'm bad at this game, or that its nearly impossible to win this game with such a small nation?
I presume it is because he knows it will be nearly impossible for your army to resist the forces of Belarus and/or Russia if/when they attack you. :wink:
...but I'm just speculating :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Yea I just dont think you will be able to hold back Russia once they attack. You might be able to stay nuetral to them, that would be your only hope of survival. But if russia attacks your looking at hundreds of units coming your way, with many more missles ontop of that.
ixonixas
Lieutenant

AAR [Ruges v4.36] The awakening of the Iron Wolf

Post by ixonixas »

A quick review.

So yeah, my tactic:
Since i'm a small nation, i need any foreign countries support i can get. Its damn good for me to have good relationship with Japan from the start... So i can be a tech merchant in no time! That should please my treasury.

* All ships is in reserve. I do better sell them then give it to russians to destroy.

I got a message. Interesting...

World War already began. China is on rage in Asia. Pakistan declared war to India. Balcan war is back once more. Someone is attacking someone is Afrika, but i don't really care. Yet i'm looking for an opportunity to attack someone in Afrika (Maybi Madagascar) So i would be guaranteed that there would always be a secondary option (move the capital) if i lose the main land.

Anyway Russia attacked Georgia once more. This time they will go all the way in...

And about a week later Georgia falls :-(

My army is entrenched and ready to deffend. Still it costs, but its better to be prepared. BTW i almost wasted half of my reserves on garison units :lol:
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Wow was that an event with the forest fires? I have yet to see an event in any of my games. Good AAR so far. Should be interesting with the Russians though. Keep posting!
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Everything is going so fast, war after war, alliance after alliance... This is an interesting world.

While Americans declared war to Cuba, China and Russia were increasing their power, Europe was peacefull. But suddenly Belarus attacked Poland. Massive tank battalion moved in to Polands territory. I'm still too weak to get involved in this...

After a day, France comes to help...

United Kingdom joins party as well...

Ok, so what the hell is this? Well watever, i'm gonna attack their unprotected cities with one units... lol

Fierce fighting continues near Brest and Lublin. Air forces flying above tanks and infantry units, dropping bombs. Thats the hell.
As you see they using route through my teritory. I'm an important strategic point for western armies. For now I will try to maintain peace with Belarus. I will let my allies to annihilate Belarus main army and then after that I will strike.

Meanwhile Russia delcares war to my new ally - Japan. Korean war renewed. I declared war to North Korea to show support for South. That increased my relations with them rapidly, so soon they will become my ally and a new technology for merchanting will be available!

So as i promised, i took 2 villages - Kikinda and Vrsac (bouth full with garrison units). But Vrsac is beeing attacked hard, so my garrison units woun't last much longer. Hopefully Germany declares war on Serbia to show support for me and send air force to assist my "one man's army". Good job, guys!

What will happen next?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Looking like a great AAR, And your only 1 month into the game.
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Before continuing AAR I wan to wish everyone happy holidays and that the next year you would become a better, healther and happier person.

Merry Christams and Happy New Year!

Ok, so things gone pretty bad... As you see i have become the target for Euroasian alliance formed by Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, China and ect. At least its just an economic alliance, but we can already feel pressure from alliance members.

All Lithuania's forces are ready to fight and die under its flag! But as a true lithuanian i can't afford to loose against these occupants.
But we are not alone. Poland, UK, Germany, France are fighting by our side. Still its not clear if Eastern Europe will withstand...

First real actions...

That is a big problem, facing massive forces of Russia? It will be suicide.

5~7 units comming from Kaliningrad region. Our forces doing pretty well there, but in eastern front its a mess.

Mixed russian and belarusian forces just smashes our outside forces. Everyone in eastern front is fighting for every yard, but thousands of hungry, thirsty and dirty red mens starts to roll through our baricades into Vilnius.

Vilnius is lost. Capital moved to Kaunas. Its our last stand to protect homeland!
Anyway friendly units are way to late. But it seems they going to protect Poland instead of us... Damn them!

Craaetive
Corporal

Post by Craaetive »

Well... Your time has come I think...
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

I suspect there has been no update to this AAR becouse president ixonixas was killed when Russian troops stormed the capital.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “After Action Reports”