Pacific Clash

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: Pacific Clash

Post by GIJoe597 »

Feb 2020
News from around the globe.

7th - South African Forces entered the capital of Zimbabwe today, ending the war. Zimbabwe is no more.
In a surprise move Tanzania declares war on Congo, Mauritania, Ghana, Liberia and Botswana.
8th - Buoyed from the victory over Zimbabwe, South Africa declares war on Tanzania. This is quickly followed by Libya, Algeria, Tunisia and Sudan also declaring on Tanzania. Tanzania has vast Coal and Metal Ore stores and many wish a piece of it.

Crisis Room, Whitehouse.

President Johnson – ADM, I have been thinking about the Caribbean problem. What if foreign forces were able to infiltrate any of our Gulf Coast military bases or any of the Oil industries located there? That could very well be a major setback to us. What do you propose would be the best and most covert way to guard against that?

ADM Sharpe – Sir, we have been discussing this very thing among the JCS. We believe we should station a line of SSNs from west of Key West, Fla. to just off Brownsville, TX. They will stay submerged and no one will know they are there, unless we want them to. Group A and B are rapid reaction forces, they can move to where needed.

President Johnson – Do it. Also, I want a Carrier Battle Group moved near the Spratly Island area. Not close enough to make them jumpy, but close enough to call into action if need be.

CVBG Independence leaving Pearl Harbor for the Spratly Island area.

ADM Sharpe – Yes sir, I am also ordering additional SSNs, combat ships and various support vessels to sortie from San Diego and the West Coast. We are trying to keep it hush-hush for now but sooner or later the media will get wind of it.

President Johnson – Clark, I want you to put the word out to all Special Force types, cancel all leaves and have them report to Camp Clark, Mo. Since it is a National Guard Training base the chances of the media digging around there are slim. If the balloon goes up down south we are going to need them to do some extraordinary things for us. They can get to places many military vehicles cannot.

Feb 2020

18th – Estonia falls to Russia.
25th – Italy, while supporting our stance on China, declines to get directly involved themselves, they do however offer to sell us ground units which we may use as we see fit. Despite not needing the units, we agree out of goodwill and appreciate their support.
1 Brigade Light INF
10 Brigades of Mech. INF

28th – Our Ore mines start coming online. This will allow us to fill our current shortfall of Ore to our factories.

A Cuban Frigate tries to leave the Cienfuegos Port. Our SSN makes short work of it.

Another Cuban Frigate attempts to leave Marianao Port, with the same results.

Mar 2020

10th – We see several Mexican Vessels leave their ports. Here is one, a Knox class Frigate. Could this be a prelude to an attack?

11th – Our Uranium Mines start coming online. This is key to us transitioning to 100% Nuclear Power.

12th – The Naval Base at Colonia is complete. All naval ancillary units being gathered in response to the Chinese move on the Spratlys are ordered to Colonia.

15th – Artillery Locating Radar completes. Upon review of current needs, we order the design for V-44 Stork to be researched. These will come in very handy if we are forced to wage war in the jungles of South and Central America. They will eventually replace all transport/cargo rotary craft in service.

15th - Botswana fell to the combined forces of South Africa, Zambia and Namibia.
23rd – Our first run of 34ea of the M2A4 Bradley rolls off the assembly lines. Upon review of our current forces we commission BAE Systems Land & Armaments to manufacture 34 more brigades of M2A4.
27th – High Speed Trains complete research. This will allow us to start research on High Speed Infrastructure, which will increase or Infrastructure rating +5% and decrease cost of Infra -5%. High infrastructure rating ensures we have adequate supply reaching all our factories and in turn they produce items more efficiently.

31st – Airfield at Colonia completed. Air assets will not be sent there yet. Since they are highly mobile we will only move them there if/as required. With the exception of 1 sqd of E-8A JSTARS and 3 sqds of P-3c Orion.

ALERT ALERT ALERT
31st Mar, 2020
Mexican forces cross the border and attack in several places. All M113 brigades ordered to the border. The 49th Fighter Wing, Holloman AFB, NM. is ordered to stand ready with 7 squadrons of F-22A Raptors. They will provide Combat Air Patrol along the border and where needed. To provide CAS, the 56th Fighter Wing from Luke AFB, AZ. has been tasked. Initially they will use the F-16C to halt cross border intrusions, then will be released for Targets of Opportunity within Mexico.

Mexico first hits Chula Vista CA. Then Calexico and El Paso.

In the Gulf of Mexico our SSN line engages and sinks Mexican shipping as they detect it.

One Mexican brigade of Light Inf moves on Las Cruces, NM. The 56th is ordered to destroy it.
We are able to repel the attack on Calexico, counter attack and capture Mexicali and the barracks there.

Operation Hold the Line.
Our first goal is to stabilize the border, once it is at pre-war lines we will then concentrate of massing the forces needed to punch through to Mexico City.
By the 5th of April we have reestablished our border and indeed in a few places have captured border cities from Mexico. As soon as our M113s are in place at Corpus Christi we will embark them on transports and perform an amphibious assault on Vera Cruz. There is both an Airfield and Sea Port there to unload follow on forces as required. The initial assault will be made by various Special Force units.

APR 2020
5th – ERFB-BB Ammunition and TAKR-287 Algol transport complete research. We order Upgraded Rail Systems (higher Infra +5%) and RFID Commercial Applications (+2% Infra rating).
(Note: One of the advantages of starting with the US is you know you can take anyone on your borders with existing units. This allows you to work the non- military techs that will help your economy and such. I usually only research approx. five military technologies at a time for the first few years. The other 13 research slots I use for economy/infra/resource techs.)

9th – Today Belarus fell to the forces of Russia, Ukraine, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, Latvia and Lithuania.
Mexican forces assaulted Ciudad Juarez today in a bid to retake the city. Using 2 Mech Inf , 2 Light Inf and 1 Eng brigade, they were able to defeat one Garrison unit and severely maul an M113 brigade, which was forced to withdraw for rest and repairs at Ft Bliss.

The 56th Fighter Wing was tasked to deploy to Holloman AFB, NM. From there they would sortie against Mexican forces in and around the beleaguered city of Ciudad Juarez.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKuY9Dri5vQ

Shortly after the Mexican ground force was defeated a C-212 Aviocar transport was spotted incoming from the south. The 49th Fighter Wing was called upon to handle this.

13th – Enhanced Navigation and Depleted Uranium Munitions completed research. Our ground forces now have a +2% attack value and our Infrastructure rating increased by +5%. Completing Depleted Uranium Munitions opens the door for Multi-Purpose AT Munitions, which will again increase our ground attack by +5% once completed. We also start research on Biological Response Therapy. Upon completion this will increase our Health Care rating by +5% and decrease our cost -5%.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Jun 23 2012, edited 3 times in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

World Update

Apr - 2020

18th Macedonia ceases to exist, falling to Greece.

White House – Late afternoon
ADM Sharpe – Mr. President the media have discovered we are moving naval assets to the Spratly region. This news will undoubtedly be broadcast worldwide soon. Do you want to call a news conference to state your position?

President Johnson – No ADM, issue a statement for the Press Secretary to release. Cite the international laws, let them know I Oppose the claim China has on the Spratlys. They must release the Bynthic Adventure and withdraw. Since this fleet movement is now in the open let’s manage the media exposure, allow a reporter to fly out to the Independence to observe and report. We have the backing of the international community and are the good guys in this.
For now we will concentrate on ending this Mexican Situation. Despite our best efforts Mexican President Naira Davis will not listen to reason. She has the military worked up to a fevor pitch and they will not even open discussions with us. Clark, we are going to have to end this by removing her and absorbing Mexico, I can see no other way.

Media broadcast
http://youtu.be/HDEFNYYmezM

PressRelease
http://youtu.be/iAj-uvkK9zE

Warmaster101
Warrant Officer

Post by Warmaster101 »

Such a great read Joe, I am really looking forward to the next update. I love the videos you put up how do you make then? 8O
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

those vids are impressive.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

This is great, keep going.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Warmaster101 - Thank you, the hardest part is concentrating on China since the darn Mexican AI has a mind of its own. I had to find a way to incorporate the Mexican situation into the story line. More of that coming up in the next update.

tkobo - I wish the videos had more clarity, but the method by which they were made is ancient technology today.

Tnarg - Glad you are not mad at me for supporting the Brits in your AAR. Call it a fallacy on my part, I always support the Brits. :P Also, your AAR style is something to emulate. I enjoy reading it very much, the formatting and pics are excellent.

The next update will be about the Mexican Situation, and what we plan on doing about it. It is difficult to work something plausible in, so forgive me if it seems clichéd.. but sometimes there is some truth to them. Next update will also be a test to see how much detail on certain aspects I can include in the AAR. From looking at my posting so far I realize I should really try and keep the same size pics for everything to make the formatting look better, but bah, too much work. If it was not fun, I would not be doing this, do not want to turn it into work.

Anything to generate more interest is better for us and BG is the way I see it. I was happy to see a few other SR2020 AAR's start also. I may not have purchased CW for previously stated reasons, but there is no denying that one can get near too, if not unlimited fun, out of the replay value of 2020 6.8.1. Now, if only I could find 1 or 2 people to start another monumental multiplayer game of 2020 6.8.1. :)

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Apr 18, 2020
Throughout the night, as media outlets brought in one talking head after the other to give an opinion on what the US should do about Mexico and now China, President Johnson and ADM Clarke worked with the various military agencies to try and bring a swift end to the Mexican conflict.

While it was known the Mexican military was no major threat to the U.S., it was imperative they stayed a capable force to police their own country. Internal strife was a way of life in Mexico and large swaths of area were controlled by armed militias and Drug Lords. Mexico needed the ability to control, at least as much as possible, these armed groups. Based on rhetoric and over the top reactions to minor issues in the past few weeks it was believed that Mexican President Davis and her top military leaders would not give up, regardless of the obvious outcome.

Herein lays the dilemma. How do we end this as quickly as possible and yet preserve as many Mexican forces as feasible? It is imperative we not destroy their ability to self-police.

Mexican Military Force Composition
Total Military Strength: 502,780
Military Fabrication facilities Land/Air/Naval/Missile 3/0/2/0
Active: 58,903
Reserve: 443,880

Land Forces – (brigade sized)/personnel

6 Marine - 1,944

3 Airborne - 1,620

11 Light Infantry - 7,350

5 Engineer – 1,750

19 AMX-VCI – 13,338
Description
The chassis of the AMX VCI is similar to that of the AMX-13 light tank. The hull of the AMX VCI is of all-welded steel armor and is divided into three compartments, with the driver and engine compartments at the front and the troop compartment at the rear. The all-welded steel armor provides the occupants with protection from small arms fire and shell splinters. The highest level of protection is over the frontal arc of the AMX VCI. The driver is seated at the front of the vehicle on the left with the engine compartment to his right. The driver has a single-piece hatch cover that opens to the left, in front of which are three day periscopes. The center periscope can be replaced by an infra-red or image intensification periscope for night driving. The original Sofam petrol engine is mounted facing the rear and can be removed through the roof in 40 minutes. The engine transmits power via the clutch to the gearbox at the front of the hull, to the right of which is the Cleveland-type steering differential. Mounted on the glacis plate is a splashboard to prevent water rushing up the front of the vehicle when fording and a replacement wheel is normally carried on the glacis plate. The troop compartment is behind and above the driver with the gunner seated on the left and the vehicle commander to his right

2 Timoney (BDX) -1,080
The hull of the BDX is made of all-welded steel, which varies in thickness from 9.5 to 12.7 mm and provides complete protection against 5.56 and 7.62 mm armor-piercing projectiles fired at point-blank range and splinters from 105 mm artillery projectiles exploding on the ground 10 m from the vehicle. The BDX will withstand the blast from a 9 kg anti-tank mine exploding 10 m from the vehicle.
The driver sits at the front of the hull in a central position and has three windscreens, one in front and one on either side, made of multiplex glass 81 mm thick which provides the same level of protection as the rest of the hull. The large front windscreen has a wiper and can be hinged forward for improved ventilation in a non-combat area.
The crew enters and leaves the BDX by three doors, one in each side of the hull and one at the rear. All the doors open through a full 180° and can be locked half open if required. Ball mounts with vision blocks are provided in each side of the hull to the rear of the side entrance door and in the rear door.
The 10 infantrymen have individual seats with waist seatbelts. The interior of the hull is padded to reduce both noise and the internal temperature of the vehicle.
The Chrysler V-8 engine is mounted to the immediate rear of the driver and is coupled to an Allison automatic transmission, which in turn provides power to the transfer box at the back of the vehicle. This transmits power to the front and rear axles by a propeller shaft. Both front and rear axles are equipped with a self-locking differential of the 'no-spin' type. The air inlet and air outlet louvers are in the roof over the driver's position with the air outlet louvers located either side of the engine compartment in the roof. Protection against Molotov cocktails could be fitted if required. The exhaust pipes run along the outside of the hull.
The 7.62 mm machine gun turret is fitted on the roof of the BDX to the rear of the engine compartment and a further circular hatch cover is provided in the roof at the rear. The vehicle, when fitted with the 81 mm mortar, has two rectangular hatches in the roof that open either side of the hull.
The BDX is fully amphibious and propelled in the water by its wheels. Optionally, two water-jets could be fitted to increase its water speed.
Optional equipment includes an air conditioning system, a front-mounted dozer blade for clearing obstacles, a heater, an NBC system and hull-mounted smoke grenade dischargers.

4 REC M706 LAV – 150 – 760
V150 Commando
Crew 3 (Commander, Gunner, Driver) + 2 troops
Combat Weight V-150 21,800 Lbs. V-150S 24,000 lbs.
Hull length V-150 18ft 8 in ; V150S 20ft 2 in
Width 7ft 5 in
Height 6 ft 6in
Ground Clearance 25.5 in
Main Armament Options for the V-150-150S)
2 7.67mm 800 rounds ready, 3000 in hull
2 12.7mm 400 rounds ready , 1,000 in hull
1 20mm Oerlikon 200 rounds ready 200 in hull
1 25 mm 200 ready, 200 in hull
1 20mm Vulcan 1300 rounds ready
1 30mm
1 12.7mm MG and 40mm Grenade launcher
1 76mm 8 round ready, 31 in hull
1 90mm 8rounds ready 31 in hull
1 81mm mortar 62 rounds in hull
TOW missile 7 missile in hull
Sensors and Fire Control none
Armor Cadloy steel plate protects against 7.63mm fire
Power plant Chrysler 191-hp liquid cooled V-8 gasoline engine, power-to-weight ratio 20:23 hp / metric ton
Suspension 4x4 ( all wheels powered, front wheels steering), solid beam axle, semi-elliptical multileaf spring, double hydraulic shock absorbers
Speed 55mph, 3.1mph in water, road range 500 miles, cross country range 400 miles
Obstacle Clearance vertical V-100/500 2ft 0 on V-150S 3 ft 0un amphibious

3 REC ERC-90/1 Sagaie 1 – 342
Armament: 1 x 90 mm, 1 x 7.62 mm coaxial MG, 1 x 7.62 mm AA MG AA (optional), 2 x 2 smoke grenade dischargers
Ammunition: 20 x 90 mm, 2,000 x 7.62 mm
Armor: maximum 10 mm steel
Crew: 3
Weight: 8,100 kg
Length: 5.10 m hull, 7.69 m overall
Width: 2.49 m
Height: 2.25
Wheelbase: 1.63 + 1.22 m
Engine: Peugeot V-6 petrol, 155 hp (116 kW) at 5,250 rpm
Maximum speed: 95 km/h
Fuel capacity: 242 L
Range: 700 km
Fording: Amphibious
Water speed: 4.5 km/h wheels, 9.5 km/h hydro jets
Ground clearance: 0.34 m
Vertical obstacle: 0.8 m
Trench: 1.1 m
Gradient: 60 %
Side Slope: 30 %
NBC system: Optional
Night vision: Optional (passive)

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Apr 18, 2020

ADM Sharpe – Mr. President, here is our plan for ending the Mexican situation as decisively and quickly as we can. Of course this all depends on how fired up their military is.

President Johnson – What do you mean “fired up” Clark?

ADM Sharpe – Sir, there is no question we can defeat the Mexican military. The question is, how many of their forces must we take out before they admit defeat? Mexican President Naira Davis has been whipping them into a frenzy for months now with rhetoric and playing upon their nationalistic tendencies. It is entirely possible that once their capital falls instead of laying down arms the government will simply move to another location and continue to resist. Although we wish to avoid annihilating the Mexican forces, we may have no choice.

President Johnson – I understand, let’s hope it does not come to that. Ok, show me your plan.

*ADM Sharpe hands a file to President Johnson*

Operation Fell Swoop

The 1st Marine Expeditionary (MEU) will be dropped on Vera Cruz. They will parachute into the city and capture the Airfield and Port.

The 3rd Special Forces Group will be dropped on Boca Del Rio, the southern neighbor of Vera Cruz, to secure the southern flank.

Simultaneously, vessels of the USN 5th Fleet will be rushing to Vera Cruz to off load follow on forces and provide sea based support fire. We already have SSNs in the area clearing the way as well as sitting off every Mexican port.

Additionally, a Carrier Strike Group (CSG) will be formed around the USS Enterprise. The new F-35s will be attached to it. They will patrol the area around Vera Cruz to provide Air cover and Strike capability as needed.

Logistical support will come from a smaller group based around 2x LHA -1 Tarawa class and 1x LHD-1 Wasp class amphibious assault ships. These vessels will be assigned 3 squadrons of CH-47D Chinooks with their 300 ton cargo capacity and 1 squadron of MH-47E Chinook SOF. The SOF version has a stealth rating of 130 and will be used to get in close to the enemy if needed or to ferry forces as required.

Description and Purpose:
The CH-47D is a multi-mission helicopter for the U.S. Army and international defense forces. It is the most proficient and recognized transport helicopter in the world with application for the U.S. Army and numerous international customers. The legacy of the Chinook began in 1958 and continues today with the CH-47F and MH-47G configurations.
The Chinook is a true multi-role, vertical-lift platform. The primary Chinook mission is transport of artillery, troops, ammunition, fuel and supplies within military theaters of operation. CH-47s also have performed humanitarian support, disaster relief, rescue, fire-fighting and nation-building missions on six continents in all climates and conditions. Chinooks can fly more than 150 mph at full load more than 330 nautical miles with long-range fuel tanks. With a crew of three, the CH-47s can transport 44 seated troops or 24 casualty litters. The aircraft can carry palletized cargo internally, including the U.S. Army HMMWV, or sling-loaded external cargo, utilizing its triple cargo hooks for stability.
High productivity
Large external- and internal –load capabilities and high airspeeds allow the CH-47D to do the work of three utility helicopters, and give it the lowest cost-per-ton-nautical-mile of any U.S. Army helicopter.
Triple-hook advantages
The CH-47D’s triple-hook system stabilizes large external loads, such as 155mm howitzers, allowing them to be carried at speeds up to 140 knots (260 km/hr) – or twice as fast as single-suspension loads. Multiple external loads (fuel blivets for example) can be delivered to three separate destinations in a single sortie.
Large internal loads
The CH-47D’s cabin measures 366” x 90” x 78” (9.3 x 2.29 x 1.98m). It’s big enough to lift two HMMWVs or a HMMWV plus a 105-mm howitzer and gun crew, yet its fuselage is only 12 inches (30.5 cm) longer than the Army’s UH-60 Black Hawk utility helicopter.

Once the follow on forces have been unloaded, they will attack west towards Mexico City.

President Johnson - ADM Sharpe, do you think this plan will work?

ADM Sharpe - Yes sir, we do. The only variable is how long the Mexicans will continue to fight after their capital falls.

President Johnson - Very well ADM, you may proceed when ready.

*ADM Sharpe starts the ball rolling and the operation will commence when ready*

Meanwhile

APR 2020

21st – Military Body Armor completes research. DuPont has come up with a better method of interweaving their Kevlar and Nomex which increases protection for our soldiers. We have commissioned them to further improve on their product.
Funding for Military Body Armor II has been approved.

Jamaica has approached us about purchasing Industry Goods. Knowing the current general feeling in the Caribbean we agree to the sale. Hopefully this will influence them towards us a bit.

Angola has requested a trade deal in which they sell us Petroleum. Now, they are currently at war with much of the African continent to include Congo Democratic Republic. Angola has been removed from the UN and has been black listed it seems as the war declarations piled on. However, it is in our interest to thwart, as much as possible the plans of the Congo Democratic Republic. They are a Dictatorship of the worst kind. We will agree to Angolas offer and help to indirectly fund their war against CDR.

22nd - Our 10 squadrons of F-35C CV’s are delivered and ready for operational status. We also take delivery of the 10 FB-111G’s. We place orders for 10 more FB-111Gs and 10 more F-22As.

25th - The last 10 Ore Mines complete. This brings our daily production up to 230,603 and our Metal Ore shortfall to 55,109 tons. After conferring with the USA Corps of Engineers I am told we should construct an additional 12 mines. We do so.

30th – Cameroon approaches us with a trade deal. As they are also at war with CDR, it is deemed advisable to agree to the trade.

The United Kingdom requests a trade. We agree with this deal and notice they are at war with Serbia. Since we have a very long history with the UK and this administration intends to support them at every opportunity we may look into helping them wrap that up in the future.

May 2020

8th – Our new Oil and Gas fields are coming on line. This is good news as our current shortfall is 1,401,136 bbl. There are 25 left in construction.

The first of our requested Coal Mines are coming on line. We currently have a shortfall of 285,646 tons with the last 5 nearing completion.

South Korea has requested a Formal Alliance with us. This is very good news and if we agree it will give us Air Bases to operate from should things reach a boiling point with China. After careful consideration, we agree.

10th – The last seven F-22As from the original order come off the production lines. We order 7 more.

Finland has requested an alliance with us. Unfortunately, it is an act of desperation. This is not made out of any friendship to us, but as a last resort since Russia is on the outskirts of Helsinki. We do not see any reason to ally with Finland. They will have to fend for themselves.

11th - Ukraine has asked to ally with us. They are at war with Russia and Serbia. While it is good they could help the UK deal with Serbia, we are loathe to tangle with Russia at this time. Ukrainian military forces are doing rather nicely and are holding their own, more or less against Russia. We decline to ally with them.

13th - Our SSNs off the Vera Cruz port attack a Mexican Frigate trying to make its way out to sea. The frigate suffers heavy damage but reverses course and rushes for the coast. The SSNs are ordered to pursue and destroy. The Frigate is sunk. They continue to close on the Vera Cruz port and sight a Mexican LPD-4 Austin. This is an amphibious transport ship with a 7,000 ton capacity. It is possible they were going to try for the US gulf coast or our oil rigs around the Caribbean.

14th – Prismatic Uranium Blocks completes research. This boosts the output of our Nuclear Power plants by 5%. It also allows us to start research on VHTR Nuclear Reactors which is a pre-requisite to Refit to Nuclear VHTR, which is our end goal.

15th – The last of our Coal Mines come online. We still have a shortfall of 57,506 tons.
President Johnson – Jay, I notice even with the increased Coal Mines we ordered when I took office we are still short of coal on a daily basis. Do you recommend we start construction on more Coal Mines?

Department of Energy Secretary Jay Harrisson – Sir, it is my recommendation that we not start construction of more Coal Mines at this time. Of the 3,190,203 tons we use daily, roughly 3 million tons are used in Coal Power plants. With your Nuclear Power initiative coming to fruition we will be able to drastically reduce the amount of Coal Power plants we use. This would render any new mines redundant.

President Johnson – Very well, import as required until we are 100% on Nuclear power. In fact, get with Holly Burton at State and try to arrange a deal with Canada for 20K tons a day over the next month. This will benefit both of us.

17th – 34 more M2A4 Bradley’s complete production. Reviewing our available forces we notice we have none of the most current design of tanks to use. 14 battalions of M1A3 and 14 battalions M8 Ridgeway AGS air droppable tanks are ordered. The remaining 6 slots are used for the MIM-210 THAAD ERINT Anti-Air units.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Oct 16 2012, edited 4 times in total.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

May 2020

17th – The last of our Oil and Gas Fields come on line. Despite these new facilities we are running a deficet of 1,450,965 bbl per day. We order 52 more constructed around the Fort Worth/Arlington area.

18th – Vietnam has declared war on South Korea. This brings up some rather unpleasant memories, at this time, The United States has no intention of getting involved in Vietnam again.
18th – Luxembourg asks us for a formal alliance. We decide we do not wish to enter into any European entanglements at this time.

Our handling of the Mexican and Chinese situations so far, has garnered even more support worldwide. The UN has just sent additional advisers.

20th May 2020

White House situation room

ADM Sharpe – Mr. President, we are ready to commence operation Fell Swoop as soon as you give the word. Please be advised there has been a small modification. We have ordered combat ships of the 5th Fleet to systematically take over all the Mexican Oil Platforms. This can be used as resupply areas and/or staging areas for hello’s if required.

President Johnson – Very well, commence operation on 1 June.

22nd – Our scientists have completed research of Anti-Personnel Munitions. This allows us to research Green Berets II, Marines II and ECB Airborne Engineer. The Airborne Eng units come in very handy after we have captured a port, airfield or barracks facility. Having the ability to bring these facilities back online as quickly as possible increases or fighting ability. At this time we order Green Berets II research started.

26th – The small island nation of Mauritius has offered a trade deal. They are at war with no one and are a peaceful Democracy. We agree.

Jun 1st 2020

Operation Fell Swoop commences.

All units are in place as of 0230 Local.

0300 the order is given.

The F-35C CVs are ordered to patrol over Vera Cruz with orders to engage air targets only. Do not waste weapon stores or fuel on ground targets.
The 1st MEU and the 3rd SFG aboard the C-5s are sent in.
Boca Del Rio falls first, Vera Cruz is slower to fall due to the Marines running low on ammunition. 2 C-5s are tasked to air drop supply crates to the Marines. Once they are re-supplied, Vera Cruz falls.

A Barracks is started in Vera Cruz. This will allow our troops to make repairs and stay in the fight as we push west.

Vera Cruz has a Petrol Power plant, we order it scrapped.
Naval vessels start patrolling the coast north and south of Vera Cruz, we wish to ensure no lurking subs are around and to increase the area under our control. Once the Port is fully repaired we will be able to operate the numerous auxiliary ships to ensure logistics are taken care of.

3rd – Mexican forces launch a counter attack from the south. It is good we buffered Vera Cruz from the south. The large army base at Tuxtla Gutierrez was deemed a possible threat and it turns out we were correct. The counter attack consists of the following forces;
3 x AMX-VCI
1 x Engineer
2 x Light Infantry
The attack is repelled.

The UAE requests us to sell them 13,992 tons of Military Goods for a lump sum payment of $2,235m. The value of the Military Goods is only $686.4m. Of course we agree.

Peru would like to purchase 15,547 tons of Military Goods valued at $627.96m. They would pay us a lump sum of $2,149m. We agree. They are currently at war with Chile and only 64kms from La Paz, the Chilean Capital.

4th – Mexico again assaults Vera Cruz, this time from the north. The force consists of;
2 x Light Infantry
1 x Engineer
1 x Supply Truck

Again we thwart their attack. The destroyers of 5th Fleet are relentless in their punishment of the Mexican forces as they attack. When paired with the JSTARS data stream they have no issues locating and hammering targets. Here is a small sample of them in action.
http://youtu.be/V5zhj_I8pHM

6th – Latvia is overrun by Russian forces.

Waste Management II completes research. Our water output goes up 10% and Finished Goods Ore demand goes down by 10%.
Urban Heat Exchangers also complete. This means our population will use 10% less Petroleum and each city will Generate 10% more power.

We will add the designs for the Boeing 747 LCF into research. The Pentagon has been working with Boeing on plans to increase the payload capacity of these planes. As our Main Battle Tanks become heavier and heavier we are left with very little airlift capacity. Once we have the capability to produce them, we will then modify them to our required specifications.

Special Forces II are also ordered to be researched.

Our follow on forces have landed. They will push out and establish a ZOC while our logistic chain swings into full gear. Once we have a solid chain of supply we will commence the drive west.

10th Dark Mater Theories completes research. This will increase our research efficiency by 2%. We add Real Time Communications in, once complete, our Military Efficiency increases by 2%.

17th – We have flown in some Engineer battalions to assist with the construction of the Barracks in Vera Cruz. Since this is only one week from completion we are launching our western push now. Damaged units will be withdrawn from the line and moved near Vera Cruz awaiting the facility to come online.

21st - Barracks at Vera Cruz are complete.
2 DDG-1000 Zumwalt join the fleet, 2 more are ordered.

23rd - The last of the Ore mines completes construction. We are now operating at a surplus of 92,000 tons a day.
27th – Georgia Republic falls to the combined forces of Russia, Turkey and Armenia.

29th Improved Radar has completed research. This gives us a 10% increase in spotting. We add Active Armor Protection in. This will lead to better land units.

July 2020

1st Advance elements entered Mexico City today after fierce fighting. Mexican President Naira Davis had already moved her offices to Monterrey and pledged to continue to fight.

White House

ADM Sharpe – Mr. President, we have taken Mexico City. However, President Davis had already fled the city and moved to Monterey. She has set up offices there and named it the new capital of Mexico. I am afraid we will have to slug it out and will not have the swift end we wished for.

President Johnson – Clark, I understand how much you wanted this to end swiftly, we all did. But of course, none more than the fighting men and women we rely on. I will continue trying to talk and get an end to hostilities. Press on with dismantling their military, go after the new capital as soon as you can. Help them to understand, no matter where they move to we will come after them, we need to ….

***There is a knock on the door***

President Johnson – Yes?

Secretary of State Holly Burton – Sir, we just received a message, from General Santa Anna, Leader of all Mexican Forces. He surrenders and has ordered the Mexican Military to stand down.

President Johnson – Thank you Holly.

ADM Sharpe – *sighs* Sir, with your permission I will head over to the Pentagon. If there are indeed other countries in Central or South America that were sympathetic to Mexico we need to reinforce our new southern border.

President Johnson – Clark, before you go, please let your people know what a wonderful job they did and give them my thanks.

White House -2 hours later

President Johnson – Jay, we need to discuss the state of Mexican infrastructure and production sectors.

Secretary of Production Jay Harrison – Sir there are only a few things we will need to change. Mexico had numerous mid-sized Industrial Goods plants. We are scrapping them. As you know we prefer the full sized plants.

President Johnson - Thank you Jay. George, what about the military and the equipment we inherited?

Secretary of Defense George Armstrong - Mr. President, many, in fact, all of the units we acquired when Mexico capitulated are what can be considered obsolete. It is our recommendation that we scrap or sell it all.

President Johnson – Very well, scrap everything, recycle all useable resources. Where possible use the metal, plastics, rubber etc. for civilian applications. Now, Dan, we just absorbed 108 million people. How will this affect our finances?

Secretary of Commerce Dan Johnson – Sir, it will be a huge drain on us financially. As you know Mexico was not the most robust economy in the world. Not only do we have to improve their infrastructure, but we need to modernize almost every facility in the nation. This will indeed be a huge burden on the treasury.

President Johnson – Thank you George.

Presidential address to the nation - House of Representatives chamber of the United States Capitol.

July 04, 2020

Good evening my fellow Americans. It is very fitting that I address you on this, our nations birthday, for we are engaged in a re-birth, if you will.

Today marks my first State of the Union address to you, a constitutional duty as old as our Republic itself. President Washington began this tradition in 1790 after reminding the Nation that the destiny of self-government and the “preservation of the sacred fire of liberty'' is “finally staked on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American people.''

It's my duty to report to you tonight on the progress that we have made in our relations with other nations, on the foundation we've carefully laid for our economic recovery, and finally, on a bold and spirited initiative that I believe can change the face of American government and make it again the servant of the people.

Seldom have the stakes been higher for America. What we do and say here will make all the difference to autoworkers in Detroit, lumberjacks in the Northwest, steelworkers in Steubenville who are in the unemployment lines; to black teenagers in Newark and Chicago; to hard-pressed farmers and small businessmen; and to millions of everyday Americans who harbor the simple wish of a safe and financially secure future for their children. To understand the state of the Union, we must look not only at where we are and where we're going, but where we've been. The situation at this time last year was truly ominous. The last decade has seen a series of recessions. Each time, unemployment increased and inflation soon turned up again. We coined the word "stagflation'' to describe this.

Government's response to these recessions was to pump up the money supply and increase spending. In the last 6 months of 2019, as an example, the money supply increased at the fastest rate in postwar history -- 13 percent. Inflation remained in double digits, and government spending increased at an annual rate of 17 percent. Interest rates reached a staggering 21.5 percent. There were 8 million unemployed. Late in 2016 we sank into the present recession, largely because continued high interest rates hurt the auto industry and construction. And there was a drop in productivity, and the already high unemployment increased.

This time, however, things are different. We have an economic program in place, completely different from the artificial quick fixes of the past. We've just implemented the first and smallest phase of a 3-year tax-rate reduction designed to stimulate the economy and create jobs. Already interest rates are down to 15 percent, but they must still go lower. Inflation is down to 3.4 percent.

A year ago, Americans' faith in their governmental process was steadily declining. Six out of 10 Americans were saying they were pessimistic about their future. A new kind of defeatism was heard. Some said our domestic problems were uncontrollable, that we had to learn to live with this seemingly endless cycle of high inflation and high unemployment.

We brought about the largest tax reductions and the most sweeping changes in our tax structure since the 1980’s. Together we've begun to mobilize the private sector. Together we've begun to restore that margin of military safety that ensures peace. Our country's uniform is being worn once again with pride.

Together we have made a New Beginning, but we have only begun.

No one pretends the way ahead will be easy. In my Inaugural Address earlier this year, I warned that the “ills we suffer have come upon us over several decades. They will not go away in days, weeks, or months, but they will go away . . . because we as Americans, have the capacity now, as we've had in the past, to make monumental changes.

I seek no tax increases this year, and I have no intention of retreating from our basic program of tax relief. I promise to bring tax rates down and to keep them down, to provide incentives to rebuild our economy, to save, to invest in America's future. I will stand by my word.

In the vital region of the Caribbean Basin, we're developing a program of aid, trade, and investment incentives to promote self-sustaining growth and a better relationship with our neighbors to the south.

Toward those who would export terrorism and subversion in the Caribbean and elsewhere, we will act with firmness. Our foreign policy is a policy of strength, fairness, and balance. By restoring America's military credibility, by pursuing peace at the negotiating table wherever both sides are willing to sit down in good faith, and by regaining the respect of America's allies and adversaries alike, we have strengthened our country's position as a force for peace and progress in the world.

Meanwhile, we're working for reduction of arms and military activities. We have proposed to the world at large, a far-reaching agenda for mutual reduction of military forces. It is essential that we negotiate from a position of strength. This requires that we rebuild our defenses. The protection of our national security has required that we undertake a substantial program to enhance our military forces. With the realities of the day as they are, we must really take to heart the old adage, “Work smarter, not harder”. We will rebuild our military forces, but they will be a leaner, more capable force. Our goal will be to have the most technologically advanced military in the world, able to Project Power anywhere called upon, without having to maintain large forces around the globe.

Don't let anyone tell you that America's best days are behind her, that the American spirit has been vanquished. We've seen it triumph too often in our lives to stop believing in it now.

One hundred and fifty five years ago, one of our greatest Presidents delivered his second State of the Union message in this Chamber. “We cannot escape history,'' Abraham Lincoln warned. “We of this Congress and this administration will be remembered in spite of ourselves.'' The “trial through which we pass will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation.''

Well, that President and that Congress did not fail the American people. Together, they weathered the storm and preserved the Union. Let it be said of us that we, too, did not fail; that we, too, worked together to bring America through difficult times. Let us so conduct ourselves that two centuries from now, another Congress and another President, meeting in this Chamber as we are today, will speak of us with pride, saying that we met the test and preserved for them in their day, the sacred flame of liberty -- this last, best hope of man on Earth.

God bless you, and thank you.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Jun 06 2012, edited 9 times in total.

GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

Awesome AAR,which i am following from now on.I hope this one goes for a long time!
"The power of our enemies is what determine our own power." - Chinese proverbe.

Author and moderator of "Brazil-A interactive AAR". Current president Carlos Silva Grimarum.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Should I be worried, I have been visited by the GrimReaper. :)

Thank you.

I do envision this lasting for the foreseeable future.

Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

I simply can not think of how to comment on your AAR. It is like you have invented a new color or flavor or something. Superb!

Can't wait to see what the new face of the world is going to be like under your guidance in 1 year, 10 years, 20 years.....
GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

You shouldn't be worried,all this Grim Reaper is worried at the moment is to harvest some Venezuelan souls(and while im at it,why not its petroleum and land too :P )

Author and moderator of "Brazil-A interactive AAR". Current president Carlos Silva Grimarum.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Thank you Grant!

Grim - Lets see your exploits in an AAR. :)

GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

unfortunately,i really doubt i can do a AAR now,it is a CW game,already in 1956,4 countries have fallen to me already.But who knows when update 3 comes out?

Edit:your suggestion really entered in my mind,so i am making one for CW,and it is a interactive one!(hope no one notes the self-advertsing here :roll: :lol: ) check it,leave a suggestion,and i hope you join!

Return to “After Action Reports”