Let the Land be Enlightened - A Korean Empire

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Norch
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Let the Land be Enlightened - A Korean Empire

Post by Norch »

Although I have arguably missed out the most interesting part of the AAR by leaving most of the invasion against the Democratic People's Republic of Korea out, I wanted to make sure I was interested in the AAR before actually doing it so it doesn't end up being dead like the other two (which I will return to another day).

So anyway. South Korea this is if you hadn't guessed, but with Korean Empire style (because the two are strangely quite different) All of my settings are on Normal or Default because otherwise I'll get stressed and upset. |O

I chose South Korea because North Korea has already been done, fantastically I might add by Porcupine. You might find influences from time to time because I loved the style so much. But instead of being anti-"Fascist" I'm anti-Communist and quite thankfully there's a lot of that around.

I don't know when I'll end this, but if I don't get the feeling that I'm running out of steam I will go until all four corners of the Earth have the Daeguk fluttering beautifully in the wind.

So to start off, a screenshot:

The atrocity that was the DPRK has been tamed so that it only has (weak) control around Chong'jin. However the area is thoroughly defended with artillery, my attacks on this area with small task forces with a mix between tanks and artillery have all been repelled with very big losses and I only have a small force left for my whole army. But thankfully the AI is too stupid and isn't going to counter attack any time soon. Which is quite lucky really but they aren't going to get very far with AA guns and 152mm Howitzers.

So the next attack (which has GOT to succeed) in destroying the whole of the DPRK once and for all otherwise I'll get disapproval issues is going to consist of a single strike of tanks only, there are virtually no other units apart from artillery around Chong'jin. So unless anybody has any better ideas then I'll do that.

How did I get to where I am?
Well quite sneaky really, all I did was mass about three hundred units at the 38th Parallel before attacking. Without a chance to deploy forces in defensive formations the DPRK was overwhelmed and before forces were two weak to take out the three remaining strongholds of the DPRK they had lost a good 400 hundred units and Pyongyang, but the peninsula was still divided and the KPA with it's back dated technology still posed a threat. The Republic of Korea Army had to regroup before launching further attacks on the rest of the North.

The border that you see in yellow in the North is the closest I can get without getting bombarded to death. A spy is wandering about the area (seemingly automatically ??? ) shows that that entire bit of red is stuffed full of artillery, AA guns, and when I get close enough garrisons. Its like a bursting teddy bear, except the teddy bear has prison camps, and guns, and nuclear weapons. And sadly the largest prison camps are still under DPRK control.

I can't think of anything else to put now so I'll leave it at that :) feedback is required so it isn't boring.

If wanted I'll do a prequel at the end with a sort of renactment of the Second Korean War. or I might just stitch into into this AAR by shifting all the posts forward. Whatever I don't really know how it'll work but its up to you really.
Norch
Sergeant

Re: Let the Land be Enlightened - A Korean Empire

Post by Norch »

Yonhap News Agency, Seoul - May 3 2021

Reports are incoming from Moscow and Beijing that the Russian Federation has collapsed. The People's Republic of China and her allies had been fighting against Russia for several months over Siberian oil reserves. Unfortunately no consensus has been reached as to why the Russian Government had collapsed as borders had largely remained unchanged.

In any case, the DPR"K" has gained control of Vladivostok and the route to Chongjin, this adds another point from which the DPR"K" can make a stand against the Republic of Korea Army, the false Korea has also likely gained access to more units in the surrounding areas.

The President of Korea said to our reporters "Despite this gain the Republic is still many times stronger than our sworn enemy. It merely adds time to the clock when the Korean people are finally free to enlighten the world into a glorious age of prosperity."

He also continued "This will also add to the strength of the true Korea when the disgrace has been destroyed, China's vast new lands acquired are much more threatening, as the Communists now reside in a single country, and any aggression against free Korea will be much more coordinated and deadly."

Similarly, Poland has collapsed, to which no explanation could be found anywhere. When questioned the President replied "It bears on significance to our people".
Norch
Sergeant

China Falls!

Post by Norch »

Yonhap, Seoul - May 4th 2021

Yonhap can today report that the People's Republic of China has fallen, for reasons that are yet again associated with the War that has been ongoing in North East Asia and Eastern Europe (Belarus, Poland, China and Russia are the current casualties of the entire affair).

The border salvaged from the DPR"K" with China has now expanded occupy much of Manchuria, including 40 million extra people into Korea and in excess of three hundred units, will be ruthlessly deployed against the dictatorship clinging onto power to the North East according to the Defence Minister.

The Industry Minster said "These are unforeseen circumstances and production and exports will need to be organised to maximise the nation's newly found economic treasures, in addition to acquiring many factories, we have acquired Coal fields and large metal deposits. These will used to maximum extent."

The President said "The acquisition of military units means that attacks against the false Korea can be stepped up and brought forward, while they have been strengthened in the recent shaking events we are now much stronger than ever before. The implementation of Democracy in Manchuria is producing world beating economic growth rates, while GDP per capita has fallen thanks to Chinese corruption and under development, the economy is fixing this with $40 a day being added to the GDP per capita."

Current map of Korea:
Norch
Sergeant

Chong'jin Captured!

Post by Norch »

The DPR"K" ceased to have any major presence on the Korean peninsula today after Republic of Korea Army units occupied the capital, Chongjin.

Large forces inherited from China built up to the East and South of Chongjin and preceded attacks with heavy bombardment, which took out most of the forces surrounding the city.

Although 150 units were lost in the attack it is a strategic victory and now forces the Democratic People's Republic to defend vast empty plains, the capital has been relocated to a backwater known as "Jixi" there are no roads or defending units, however the distance, about the length of the Korean peninsula itself, has no roads and the distance serves as its greatest defence, villages will have to be captured bit by bit on the road to Jixi to ensure that units are kept fully supplied.

Small forces remain to the north of Chongjin however they pose little threat, they are not too be destroyed as when the final defeat arrives for the gangster Government they will be mine and will serve as a primary defence as the army is rebuilt to pre-Korean War levels.
Norch
Sergeant

Daehan Jeguk

Post by Norch »

FINAL VICTORY
Victory parades occurred throughout Korea today as the final remnants of the former Democratic People's Republic of Korea collapsed the day after the Battle of Chongjin. Although most of the nation that had come to be has been occupied by Mongolia, the main economic areas have been given to Korean administrators.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Let the Land be Enlightened - A Korean Empire

Post by GIJoe597 »

Looking forward to see what else happens.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “After Action Reports”