Brazil: Ordem e Progresso

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Brazil: Ordem e Progresso

Post by Jax the Arisn »

The year is 2033, and we are finally at peace. My name is Presidente Juan Ricardo, I came to power in September of 2020, the year that Argentina and Paraguay began the Paranã River war. For five years each country juggled its borders along the river, until brazil erected fortifications along the bridges. A swift and desiscive airborne assault on Buenos Aieris ended the war with Argentina. A valiant land assault by a colonel brought the war with Paraguay to an ending as well. Both operations took a heavy toll on our land and air forces. We've been rebuilding though. Our navy is stronger than ever, with mighty battleships half a year away from deployment. A new aircraft carrier, complete with heavy cruisers and destroyers was deployed just last week. Our expidentionary forces have returned from their tour in the Ukraine. New M1A3s and M2A4s have been added to our active amour roster. Our B2 spirits are completed, and have an SR-71 spy plan added to their squadron. Our air force underwent its refit, our space program is at full throttle. We are one of the highest exporters of all products in the world.

Yet all is not well.

War with Venezuela, bolivia, and russia is imminent. As I look out the window to my country, I fear what will happen next. I've been trying to avoid war, yet Venezuelan tanks patrol the borders with frequency, and the Bolivians have increased their number of battalions on the border. The storm is coming, and Brazil will not falter. We will fight. And we will win.
Ten thousand men descending from the clouds might do an infinite deal of mischief before a force could be brought together to repel them
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Re: Brazil: Ordem e Progresso

Post by Jax the Arisn »

(okay guys, bad news. I was stupid and didn't save the game. All I mostly lost was my airforce refit, and my new three flotillas. Im back on my 2024 save.)

Active staff: 1,358,646
Reserves: 120,498

Air Battlegroups: 
3rd Airlift wing: 5x C-5A
1st helo supply wing: 6x UH-1N
77th Airlift/supply wing: 3 C-130H
108th Tactical Squadron: 8x F-15k
23rd Tactical Squadron: 5x AT-63
5th Naval Aviation Wing 5x F/A-18
1st Ranger Helo Wing: 10x MH-60k
1st SOF Airlift Wing: 6x MH-47E

Land Battlegroups:
412th SOF brigade: 12x special forces
57th Mechanized Battalion: 10x M2A3
99th SOF brigade: 15x Special Forces
17th Marine Battalion: 10x Marines, 5x EFVs
1st Ranger Battalion: 10x Rangers
15th Assault Battalion: 10x M2A3, 2x REC M2A4, 6x M1A2, 2x M1A3, 2x Supply tucks
42nd Assault Brigade: 3x Engineers, 1x EE-11, 1x M113A2, 2x M2A4, 1x EE-9, 2x M41C,  4x M1A2, 1x M1A3, 1x M-40A1,  5x S-23, 1x Heavy supply

Sea Battlegroups:
7th Assault flotilla (assault)
1st flotilla (transport)

Enemies: None

Important Allies: Ukraine, USA, UK, Spain, France, Germany, Japan, S. Korea, Panama

DEFCON 5
Ten thousand men descending from the clouds might do an infinite deal of mischief before a force could be brought together to repel them
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Preparation

Post by Jax the Arisn »

The Minister of Defense, Manuel Vasquez, walked into my office carrying a large Manila folder full of paper."Presidente, Ive come to recommend military action against Bolivia." "Mr. Vasquez, why would we need to deploy forces against our neighbor?" He set the folder down on my desk. "We've intercepted this communique from Moscow, it's destination was the Bolivian capitol. Moscow calls for war against us."I thumbed through the folder and skimmed the papers. "so they weren't happy about our 'wargames' in Ukraine near their border." Mr. Vasquez took a deep breathe. "Sir, I think they are more upset with our arming the Ukrainian military with modern equipment, and the fact we sold all of our outdated equipment to them just below the value line." I nodded. "Mr. Vasquez, have the 15th battalion be ready to ship out at a moments notice. As for Bolivia, put a deterrent force at their border. Draw up plans for invasion as needed. You are dismissed." "Yes sir!" He swiftly departed my office.

OPERATION: Why Not

This plan calls for the deployment of three Battlegroups with supporting air to Bolivia. There are three roads that lead into the country, each group will take a road. The 57th to the north, the 15th to the Southeast, and the 42nd to the southwest. C-130's will supply as nessicary. The 108th Tactical Squadron, 'Wardog', will provide the nessicary air coverage and support. The 99th SOF brigade will be on standby in case a rapid deployment of reinforcements are needed. Heaviest expected resistance is two BMP-2 units stationed near and in their Capitol.

At the Central Air Command

"Colonel Statford!" The SOF commander turned to see a man in dark green fatigues jogging up to him. They shook hands. "Colonel Armando, good to see you." "Likewise Stratford. I came to wish you and your SOF boys luck in Bolivia." Stratford looked at him unexpectantly. "You don't know?" "No." We're not going in with the first wave, we're to be sent to the Capitol in the even our ground forces don't force a surrender before then." Armando chuckled. "Well, at least your battalion is getting deployed. My 10th Airborne has been sitting at base since Beunos Aires" Stratford looked around at the airborne men training "Oh yeah, how did that go, the reinforcement, I mean?" Armando beamed, "I didn't get any new recruits, the 10th was reformed using the veterans. The decimated 28th airborne was folded into ours to fill the roster." Stratford nodded. "that is very good indeed. My men got reinforced my men fresh out of SOF training. The 412th got all the battle hardened ones." "Hey man, if you need some backup out there, I'm sure you could convence the brass to let us onto the C-5s." Stratford thought about it for a minute. The 10th airborne might as well have been SOF. They were veterans of both Beunos Aires and the Paranã river war. Armando alone had thirteen combat jumps under his belt. "Armando, I'm gonna go talk to the brass."
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Ordem e Progresso

Post by Jax the Arisn »

( I'm gong to try and get pictures, but my iPad won't let me upload, when I get PC access I'll get some up, I have them ready. )

February 10

At the Bloivian Border

Captain Maize sat atop his tank, "conquistador", when the word came. He was the leader of the 16th  M1A2 Tank unit of the 15th Assault Battalion. The 42nd Assault Brigade had just been ordered to the Chilean border fortress, and he had just been ordered to vanguard the assault into Bolivian territory. "Men, I have an announcement to make. We have been ordered to Bolivia. However, we will not be making the rendezvous with the 42nd. They have been ordered to Chile. We, however, will press to our objective. More than likely, we will have the air force dropping down a couple thousand SOF operatives. So watch your fire out there. Mount up, and be ready in ten."

February 11: Brazil Declaration of War Against Bolivia

The 15th Battalion proceeded along the southern highway at a good pace. Only stopping to engage numerous engineers and some light infantry. I activated the 14th guard company to defend the South Western border with their heavy guns. They fended off light attacks and managed to use their M113A2's to secure a few towns. No Unit-level losses were taken, the wounded were put on guard duty for towns & villages. The Special Forces and Airborne QRF was never deployed, and Bolivia surrendered after the capture of Santa Cruz and its adjacent military facilities. The 57th mechanized battalion was only a few days away from the capital, and the were expected to capture it before the end of the week.

February 17: End of War

President's Office
Vasquez walked into my office and slipped a note onto my desk. We've taken Bolivia "Mr. President," he boomed "We've taken Bolivia." "Good man. Give my congratulations to the troops. I've had word of Chilean-supported insurgents launching rocket attacks over the border. Is this true?" Vasquez sighed. "Yes, Mr. President. I took the liberty of deploying the 42nd Battalion to the border, and ordered the construction of a fortress on our side of the Andes." I nodded. "Good. I ordered a new battalion be raised. They are to be completely Amphibious. The Panarã Battalion. This is to be one of our largest battalions. Possibly the largest. Not much longer until they're trained."  He looked surprised. Always a nice look. "Mr. President, why did you order a new battalion?" "We're low on combat-capable units. Yes, we have our siege battalions, and our few auxiliary. But since we sold most of our reserve combat units to Ukraine, we only have a handful of good fighting units left. Yes, I know we have our airborne divisions. But leg-infantry only has so much it can do. And in a war that requires constant mobility, we need mechanized and armored units. So, I ordered a new battalion." Vasquez nodded. "Makes sense, sir. I apologize. With your permission, i'd like to deploy the first fleet to the cost of Venezuela, and I'd like to send the 1st Flotilla too. That way we can deploy the 17th marine battalion in case things go bad with Venezuela." I nodded, he handed me a paper to approve the order, and I signed. "Carry on Mr. Vasquez." "Yes sir."
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

November 22, 2024: Chilean declaration of war

The attack was sudden as Chilean forces crossed over the Andes. Luckily, they followed the road from their capital. The 42nd Battalion was entrenched in the mountain pass that the road followed. After the initial attacks, I ordered the guns of the 14th guard company to man the fortress with he 42nd. The unfinished Panarã brigade (10 M2A4's) was deployed to southern Brazil (Argintina) to help the local garrisons fend off the Chilean army. I sent two of my airborne divisions (10 each), and my 99 special forces brigade(15 units), to secure cities and roads along the coast up north tward the chilean capital. I turned the M2A4's north tward the capital. A joint operation between the special forces, 42nd division, 14th guard company, and the unfinished Panarã division took the capital, then the country. Losses was substantial, unfortunately. The airborne units didn't take any serious losses, the Panarã division lost three units of Bradley's, the 14th took no losses, but was put out of commission due to losses. The 42nd lost it's engineers and that's about it. The 99th SOF brigade was knocked down to three units. Two of which were unfit for any sort of combat for any length of time. They are out of commission unit they are put back together.

February 28, 2025: Chilean war ends
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

Is anybody reading these? I could do pictures, but I can't upload from my iPad. I have several pics
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Jax the Arisn wrote:Is anybody reading these? I could do pictures, but I can't upload from my iPad. I have several pics
are you having fun writing it? If so write it for yourself. and as always others are reading it, thow few post replies about them. As for pictures, the best way to do it is to hit the print screen button on your keyboard then open up paint and past it there. Then crop the picture to just include the juicy bits. And if you want to get even more creative edit the pictures to include captions and notes.
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

I do like writing it, i just like feedback. I like your stuff though, ruges
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

I am gonna try something new for pictures though, hopefully it'll work.
And I realized, you must be reading my stuff if you commented =/
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

May 28, 2025: New Zealand Declares War

The declaration of war was sudden and unexpected. I moved in my new First fleet to pick up the 17th marine division. They landed on July 14th, along the coast north of the capital. The marines took a clobbering from the New Zealand army, the New Zealand navy was decimated by my own fleet. Missiles are a wonderful tihng, unfortunately, they did manage to sink three frigates. When the NZA counterattacked, they hit hard with M60 Pattons and supporting infantry. The counter attacks were gruesome. My marines lost 2 EEV's, but I held the defensive line. So now I have a foothold on new zealand, but no reinforcements readily available. Time to bring in the airborne.
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

C-5 Transport ten minutes away from target
"Alright boys, listen up! The 17th marine force took a thrashing when they hit the beaches, and are now unable to go on the offensive effectively. We, along with the 28th Airborne, 44th Airborne, and 99th SOF, will be dropping to the north to secure the rest of the island. We will then push south, and rendezvous with the remaining Marine EEV's. Once we hit the ground, it'll be a straight up push for every town, village, and city in the northern sector. Make it happen!"

The airborne landed, and quickly neutralised all hostiles in the north. From their capital, they tried sending pattons. But by the time they arrived, I was in control of every village and most if not all of the roads
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Jax the Arisn wrote:...(I know it's not good quality, This is just a test to see if it works now )...
Why not simply pressing "Print screen" button on the keyboard while in game, ALT+TAB to desktop, open MS paint (if you don't have any better program) select "new" and just click paste. Can't get easier than that (or better quality) :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

I had a picture on my iPad, and before I emailed myself the print screen ones, I wanted to make sure I could upload a picture at all

If that makes sense =/
I am happy though, it let me upload one
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

March 20, 2030

After seizing New Zealand, Brazil entered a state of economic reform.
New Zealand became the centre of Biofuel production, as well as hydroponics and alternative energy. Twenty research centres were constructed, and the technology available to Brazil expanded greatly. Now at tech level 112, Brazil is the worlds 31st leading nation of technology. Vast reforms of military doctrine has led to the development of new divisions. Former enemy units are now scrapped, and replaced with more efficient units. The Navy of Brazil expanded, from its former three fleets, it now has Eleven. Each fleet carries some form of ground unit now, in case a need to deploy a temporary force arises. The Brazilian Air Force is pretty much the same, with the exception that all Transport Helicopters have been replaced with CV-22's. There was a long war with Côte d'Ivoire, in which I invaded them and split the land with Mali and Nigeria. The reason for invasion was Project Africa had been deemed a failure. (Give an African nation the most advanced tech I had at the time, and let them seize large tracts of land before taking their capital, and through it, the land.) The countries of Africa became incredibly hostile towards me, and it began to kindle international fires. The war was bloody, but with no unit losses. Plenty wounded, though. The Paranã division saw action, along with the 1st Ranger Battalion. The rangers landed by CV-22 in the city of Abidjan. They proceeded to secure the city and surrounding hexes. I also forgot to mention, I had the D1000 destroyers (about twelve) outside the city providing long range bombardment. I had my five Iowa-class battleships proving close range support, as well. To sum up the attack, the Rangers attacked from the east, the Paranã from the west. The Capitol was surrounded, and quickly secured. Unfortunately, once you take a country, you also inherit their problems. Starvation was rampant. I built a massive fortress around the borders of my African territory, and within its walls, hydroponics, water facilities, airfields, barracks, nuclear power, etc. The land that was once Côte d'Ivoire will be my future "Capitol" of African affairs.

Return to “After Action Reports”