32 Player world update

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

cocco78 wrote:The_Blind_One any news of your project to create 30 player world map ?
It's coming around slower as I anticipated.

Units are no where near even started lol :D

Currently I'm about mid-way, I'm having the most serious trouble balancing communist states to make their gdp/c stabile, also I fear that some of the lesser regions can't compete in the technology race, not tech wise, but tech level wise, techs they can buy but tech level has to be gained. Also china with it's aprox gdp/c of 16400 has some serious tech growth wich is totally unrealistic, cuz it seems to explode and reach about 300%, + if a human player controls china and maximises it's economy potential u could get efficiency's of %500 and a tech every 7 days!!! 8O

Oh and another thing, I think the north america map has WAAAY to much oil digging capability compared to the real world. Sooo...that's been dumbed down...seriously, (there's still oil scatered everywhere but u need like 50 pumps to get what the map used to have) so if ur gonne play USA u better import lots of oil...oh and did I mention oil is a lucrative business in this map :P, not as lucrative as it's becoming in the real world now, but still pretty nice :D, U got to compete with china for oil...and china can suck up oil like a monster! :evil:

Anyways it's getting along nicely :)

I've changed some demand and dynamics of the game.

The map is supposed to be played with an alternate Cvars 2 file, this makes oil consumption much more real compared to the real world, on average more oil is still consumed in the game than real life, but not nearly as much as it was in the original map, it seemed as if oil consumption was doubled if not tripled compared to the real world! :o

Industrial goods consume about 1/3 oil, consumer goods consume oil at about 1/4 and the remaining is consumed by population and petrol energy stations.

I noticed the HUGE tonnage of uranium that went into nuclear powerstations, and noticed that was totally unrealistic, so I made uranium consumption 10x less, but price is hiked up 5 fold.

Other things have been adjusted in the map aswell...Ore production cost is about 50% more, coal production is about 60% more, oil production costs are lower, timber is 300% more expensive, and some other things were adjusted.

Don´t worry about the prices, u get it all back in domestic sales :), and the people won't even nag about it :D, it's just to boost poor regions more easily with gdp :wink:

Enough for todays report :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The_Blind_One wrote:Units are no where near even started lol :D
If you need any hard data, be sure to drop me an e-mail. If I have the info I'll be happy to share.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Balthagor wrote:
The_Blind_One wrote:Units are no where near even started lol :D
If you need any hard data, be sure to drop me an e-mail. If I have the info I'll be happy to share.
What do u mean? 8O

I have more problems coming up with modern versions for the newly formed regions...can't have regions running around with akward named units or units wich generally don't fit in, like how I combined greece, albania, bulgaria, thracia and a piece of romania, I could just add all unit designs to greece but that would look akward since austria-hungary also has a piece of romania and I can't give that the same units aswell...also units from yugoslavia come to mind, those shouldn't be used by austria-hungary either...so u see...with units...it's kinda tough :D it's best to have the units in a unilateral language, not so that u see polish unit names combined with german units.

Also units for the newly formed 3 usa's come to mind, I need original concepts for those aswell. 8O
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

AH!

I lost track of what you where trying to create. I thought you where trying to use real world order of battles (which is what we have) not create new stuff. I will reread the thread at some point to see if there is anything I can do to contribute. Obviously we want to try and help those in the community who are trying to make new content.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Balthagor wrote:AH!

I lost track of what you where trying to create. I thought you where trying to use real world order of battles (which is what we have) not create new stuff. I will reread the thread at some point to see if there is anything I can do to contribute. Obviously we want to try and help those in the community who are trying to make new content.
Actually there is something that comes to mind in how u can help me...I'm having the most serious trouble getting a communist region to actually stay stabile, with a democracy it's reaaaly easy (well to me it is). My communist region is exporting EVERYTHING with nearly 1/4 of total production and it's gdp/c is still dropping! like how the hell is that possible? how can my national income be lower than my national production? it doesn't make sense in real world.

Now I could, just make the communist regions have serious overproduction in certain area's, I could, but then again...they'd have such a HUGE trade surplus it's rediculous 8_, and since I have soviet union and china as communist state's they'd litterly flood the entire market with cheap products just trying to maintain there gdp/c :o

It's extremely hard...now all I'd like to know...how can I boost the gdp/c of a communist state without raising their production limits to waaaay beyond demand? currently it's a MUST to export and u need to export about 1/4 to about 1/3 in all category's to maintain a stabile gdp/c (that means it doesn't grow), with a democracy it would result in HUGE explosive growth 8_, like 200 gdp/c added every day!!! but in communisme it actually declines!!! eventhough ur producing and exporting more! 8_

Sorry but it's kinda of a plea lol 8O
cocco78
Lieutenant

Post by cocco78 »

maybe bg programmer can help you?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nope, George our programmer is much too busy, and he has not created a single scenario for the game. The rest of the team worked on scenarios.

The rest of us will try and help where we can, but we have lots of work already.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Is this scenario still going to happen? Haven't seen any updates in a while.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Uriens wrote:Is this scenario still going to happen? Haven't seen any updates in a while.
Well I am still working on it...except the new update's threw me offguard and I'm still going crazy with the economic model for communisme's 8_

It either overflows the entire market with cheap goods in order to gain positive gdp/c growth...or it will always have a DAR of 20% and extreme pauverty :P
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Sounds realistic to me. :P
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Alright, I know I'm going to start something here, but I have news on an official expanded World scenario :)

Now, I don't want to discourage others from continuing their work, I look forward to seeing multiple versions of the World for variety of gameplay, but here is a sneak peak at what I've been working at on the side;

Scenario: World War III

Players;
Germany
Brazil
United States
Russia
China
India
Israel
South Africa
Australia
Canada
British Isles
France
Turkey
Japan
Italy
Austro-Hungary
Poland
Spain
Greece
Ukraine
Baltics
Lybia
Egypt
Central Africa
Mexico
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Pakistan
South America
Indomalaysia
Islamic States (aka the 'Stans)

No World Market, this has all the regions. Some countries are combined entirely (UK owns Ireland for example) others have been essentially eliminated (Iraq has been divided unevenly between Israel, Iran, Turkey and Saudi Arabia). Because this is a stand alone scenario it is not restricted by the campaign progression (Egypt owns a piece of Africa as an example). I will need a while still to set stories, inventories and (hardest of all) the relationships but the hope is to have this available for the next update.

More notes on things I've done; France owns St-Pierre and Miquelon islands in Canada, Alaska belongs to US, Cuba belongs to US, Iceland belongs to Baltics. France, UK, US, China, Israel, Russia, India and Pakistan are nuclear powers. Iran has "nuclear weapons" technology but not "nuclear warheads" or any designs researched. Iran, Lybia and Austro-Hungary are considered "bad" by most other regions. Plenty of opportunity for wars and alliances depending where you play from.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Balthagor wrote:France, UK, US, China, Israel, Russia, India and Pakistan are nuclear powers. Iran has "nuclear weapons" technology but not "nuclear warheads" or any designs researched
Are you saying that the AI will now attack you with nukes.... ???
Would be awsome...
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This is just a scenario, not a change in the game. It only means nukes are available for ppl playing those regions (makes for some interesting MP games :D )
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Balthagor wrote:Alright, I know I'm going to start something here, but I have news on an official expanded World scenario :)

Now, I don't want to discourage others from continuing their work, I look forward to seeing multiple versions of the World for variety of gameplay, but here is a sneak peak at what I've been working at on the side;

Scenario: World War III

Players;
Germany
Brazil
United States
Russia
China
India
Israel
South Africa
Australia
Canada
British Isles
France
Turkey
Japan
Italy
Austro-Hungary
Poland
Spain
Greece
Ukraine
Baltics
Lybia
Egypt
Central Africa
Mexico
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Pakistan
South America
Indomalaysia
Islamic States (aka the 'Stans)

No World Market, this has all the regions. Some countries are combined entirely (UK owns Ireland for example) others have been essentially eliminated (Iraq has been divided unevenly between Israel, Iran, Turkey and Saudi Arabia). Because this is a stand alone scenario it is not restricted by the campaign progression (Egypt owns a piece of Africa as an example). I will need a while still to set stories, inventories and (hardest of all) the relationships but the hope is to have this available for the next update.

More notes on things I've done; France owns St-Pierre and Miquelon islands in Canada, Alaska belongs to US, Cuba belongs to US, Iceland belongs to Baltics. France, UK, US, China, Israel, Russia, India and Pakistan are nuclear powers. Iran has "nuclear weapons" technology but not "nuclear warheads" or any designs researched. Iran, Lybia and Austro-Hungary are considered "bad" by most other regions. Plenty of opportunity for wars and alliances depending where you play from.
Great news! :-) :-) :-)

Too bad about nukes but we can hope it will change in the future. :wink:
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: If it was possible I wouldn't mind playing as one of the nuclear armed regions in a MP game. As for the regions themselves. It looks good. :lol: Can't wait to try it.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Scenarios”