Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Yep... definitely sounds 8)

Cheers
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Wow, that map does soudn interesting.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

tkobo wrote:Wow, that map does soudn interesting.
Thanks, but I still need to fleshen out how all the regions come into beeying. I can make up stories but I'd like them to be realistic.

So if anyone has idea's to further unite certain regions of the world, plz give me feedback :D

Oh yeah I also have some groupings already fleshed out.

-USA united (just a map with the usa united)

-Europe united (EU but not with the estonia, latvia, lithuania, ukraine, moldavia, belarus and no kalinigrad, also the EU has instanbul)

-Ottoman Threat (ottoman empire has entirely taken over africa and persia, one great muslim country, the Oema reign :D, can u play and defeat them? :evil:, includes a united usa, united europe

-Communist Threat (china + ussr + south-east asia = major problem, nay = mega huge problem :D, can u defeat the commies before they overtake the entire world 8O ?)

Find out and try ur luck :lol:

P.S
I just wanted to say that I balanced my map more slightly towards more favorable rich regions, in my historical ''what if'' map china for example has a much higher gdp than it currently has in the real world, this happends to other regions aswell, this is for player balance and just to spicen it up, nobody wants to play equal regions, also it is intended that u actually try and conquer ur own continent first, I wouldn't suggest u starting a war as deutchland against the soviet union, the soviet union with a population of 430 million + a huge production ability outweighing u by 3 times + modern advanced technologies = ur death :D
Also in my game communisme thrived and has become an extremely well done goverment system, there's lots of prosperity in the soviet union (I'm just blaming stalin for all the problems, and I cancelled stalin from the equation) so the soviet union is prosperous, not as prosperous as the other european regions but pretty close to it :D so the soviet union is gonne whoop ur ass if u don't look out, but don't worry they have grown peacefull :D, but I just suggest u don't mess with them :P (same goes for china although they are still strugling with their eco's)

Wow I got carried away :D

Well enjoy

P.P.S
Sorry couldn't resist, I just wanted to say that the USA regions are economicly weaker than the european regions, my philosofy on this is that because there never were 2 world wars and because of all the debts the european nations had with america that was wich caused the huge growth in america, not having 2 major world wars resulted in a prosperous europe and a almost as prosperous america, although america united has a serious chance to pack some fire :D, I'm just stating that america is no longer the superpower u guys all want it to be. (unless u use the USA united grouping :wink: ), the south-east is slightly behind the north-east who has a lot larger industrial power, the west is richer and produces more consumer goods compared to the others, the west is on par with europe.

Oh well that's it, I swear! :D

Any questions? 8O
cocco78
Lieutenant

Post by cocco78 »

wow is m y dreammmm
Draken
General
Human: Yes

Post by Draken »

The_Blind_One wrote: Any questions? 8O
1) Will you include units or is it a "clean" map?

2) Are we there yet? :D
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

Good stuff. Someone knows their history :-) . Very much looking forward to it.
cocco78
Lieutenant

Post by cocco78 »

the_blind remember to inform us to deploy of you word map...
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

1) Will you include units or is it a "clean" map?
I intend to add units, if that's int he initial release I don't know yet, there are tons of units that can be added, and I intend to add unique units, I want to add some units to the unit file to better reflect the new developed countries, poland for example doesn't exist no more, I could give the units to germany but what would germany do with such backward units 8_

Also keep in mind, there's no EU units no more, so if britain, france and germany all have the same units it's kind akward becuz they arn't to big palls in the map :lol:

Also I intend to re-commission....BATTLESHIPS :D, bigger, badder, meaner, a force to be reckoned with, a pain in the ass, a one man army, u really got to try to kill that big mofo.

Most countries will adopt different battleship styles as others, the french have made their battleships small aircraft carriers, the germans have big guns and heavy armour but cost more, the americans are pretty good overal, the chinese are nothing but scraps on the sea, the soviet union has powerfull but very expensive ships, the netherlands have smaller faster and lighter armoured guns but can cross any ocean and are fastest, the japanese use huge powerfull ships wich are biotches to sink but are extremely costly and suck up resources, almost any region has battleships and any region will have the ability to produce them. :D
2) Are we there yet?
Not even close lol, I thought I would release it in a week and a half, but I'm maybe not meeting that deadline since I got terms in a week :D, I'll see if I can get free time, that and my girlfriend is hogging alot of time recently :evil:

But if u want u guys can help aswell, I need people to fleshen out the storyline, and to submit fictional units for the new rising empire's! 8) (especialy austria-hungary, ottoman empire, USA, Confederacy, Independent states)
Good stuff. Someone knows their history . Very much looking forward to it.
I only know a little compared to some people, that's why I'd like it if u people come up with a nice storyline urself so I can use that as info for the email to add a bit more flavour to the entire map, :lol:, the storyline I posted are just a broad redline, feel free to give suggestions on how to make the storyline more detailed, or to give an entirely new storyline, as u can see many of my storylines besides the american continent and the european continent suck ass and I need to improve on them, well that's my opinion :D
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Right so let me get this straight...

Lets say I play Britain (Which I will when I get hold of this map :P)

Will I beable to attack say the Confederacy or is that region only in a 'sub' map?
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

I think you have a very good setup so far, though there are a couple things I would suggest modifying (though I understand if you don't want to redo everything :-) ).

1. I'd keep Panama with Colombia, since Panama was part of Colombia until 1903 when the United States came down and prevented the Colombians from stopping a Panamanian rebellion, so the US could deal with an independent Panama in building the Canal.

2. Finland should be part of the Soviet Union (instead of Scandinavia), since it was broken off in 1918 as a result of World War I. Along those lines, what borders are you using for Deutschland-occupied Poland? They've changed numerous times in the past 150 years.

3. I would argue with maintaining Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire, but I understand that having a 31-country limit can make that necessary...

4. What happened to Japan? When they were conquered by China, did they maintain independence, as the region list suggests? I'm not clear on that part.

Other than that, everything else makes sense and I think it is very inventive.

As for storylines to go along with it, the only way you could divide Africa in three would be by using some sort of pan-African nationalist icon in each region. The same could work in South America, some sort of modern Simon Bolivar or such.

You could maintain Austria-Hungary by arguing that the Balkan ethnic groups fell into line when the economic reforms improved their standard of living. The Ottomans could have stayed in power through either appealing to desires for a pan-Islamic caliphate (minus Persian Iran, of course) or brute strength.

Oh, and I like the battleships. Sounds awesome. Really looking forward to this.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

1. I'd keep Panama with Colombia, since Panama was part of Colombia until 1903 when the United States came down and prevented the Colombians from stopping a Panamanian rebellion, so the US could deal with an independent Panama in building the Canal.
Thanks alot :D , aI'll add panama's region to Colombia, thanks this is overlooked apperantly, good that u pointed it out :)
2. Finland should be part of the Soviet Union (instead of Scandinavia), since it was broken off in 1918 as a result of World War I.
Although I see ur point, I tend to disagree, my storyline for the soviet union I have just about finished, I thought I posted it already but I seem I have forgotten.

Anyways...''after the fall of the tsar nicolas II yada yada yada provisional goverment yada yada yada bolsheviks vs yada yada, finland independent, lenin created a communist state, lenin never got caught by a bullet (or syphiles, history still hasn't decided wich one it is) and he was the father of the soviet union for many years to come, no stalin or crappy leaders, soviet union had a remarkable unique economy and goverment, wich kept innovative, creative and improved overal production in the soviet union, thus allowing it to become a huge economic power. So no stalin, but an entirely new soviet union that no one has seen :), it's peacefull aswell :D

So this allows me to add finland to scandinavia since it still became independent and latter joined the scandinavian union.

Good point u had :) though, sorry about forgetting to add the soviet storyline. I know it's a real sketchy one but that's because I've kept it short lol. And people are free to add details to it if they like :D , aslong as it's based on something wich is believable.
Along those lines, what borders are you using for Deutschland-occupied Poland?
I used the borders of germany now, + alsace + lorraine + a little more in france (might still change), + royal prussia and poland as it is now largely, some modified borders but pretty much the same, the deal behind this was when russia went into civil war they signed a a non-aggression pact with germany who conquered poland and the russians would not have to face war with germany in return for this, the germans and the russians decided that the german border would go straight down from prussia to hit the borders of austria-hungary, russia would take the other 1/3 of the polish region (as it was in 1921 to 1939 modified with the austrian-hungarian conquests of the south of poland that ends at the city krakow)
You could maintain Austria-Hungary by arguing that the Balkan ethnic groups fell into line when the economic reforms improved their standard of living.
was my thought exactly.
The Ottomans could have stayed in power through either appealing to desires for a pan-Islamic caliphate (minus Persian Iran, of course) or brute strength.
They appealed for an pan-islamic caliphate (without persia), and had pushed through a couple of economic reforms and military reforms resulting in more modern life while still appealing to the islam and the wish for an Oema of the people. (Oema = the entire islamic world united)
4. What happened to Japan? When they were conquered by China, did they maintain independence, as the region list suggests? I'm not clear on that part.
I think u mean what happened to china when they were conquered by japan :)

Anyways, japan had invaded china in the second sino-japanese war, the communists in china were helped by the newly formed soviet union wich sended enourmess amounts of aid and help to the communist party in china, along with soviet intervention they drove out the japanese in china and korea, the soviet union proclaimed independence of korea and gave it full independence from japan aswell as china, now that china had defeated japan together with soviet union the 2 countries overtook the fascist parties and established an all communist country in china, although the country was laid to waste by the retreating japanese forces, together with the soviet union they rebuilded china quite fast and hard and china grew enourmessly fast economicly wise, however the entire model was based on getting china's infrastructure and overal industrialisation on line with the western powers, however the entire model to build the country was inadequate and the country suffered from lack of productivity gains and ineffiecent production, however new economic policies in the early 80's resulted in an massive increases of the productivity, however current day china is still lacking behind the soviet union with about 1/3.

*sighs*

Hope this answers some of ur questions.

Feel free to add idea's :D
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Well.. here maybe some nice literature...

Philip Roth - The Plot Against America

Good Luck
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

BigStone wrote:Well.. here maybe some nice literature...

Philip Roth - The Plot Against America

Good Luck
Uhmmm yeah...u don't honestly expect me to read an entire book just to get some idea's about the game world...do u? 8)

Why don't u give me a quick summary about it :D and propose some things from it :P
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

I think your decision on Finland is the right one for a couple reasons. First, it'll give Sweden some breathing room when the Russkis start rolling into town! Plus, you could work into the storyline that Germany provided a promise of aid to Finland if the Soviet Union attacked them, which could provide for some animosity between Germany and the SU...

I did misunderstand your earlier remarks about Japan and China - I thought China had invaded Japan itself :roll: . I understand much better now!

Now I'll stop nitpicking so you can get some work done on the map...heh.

PS. Isn't that book the one with Limbergh and the *****? I vaguely remember reading the jacket when I was "working" in a bookstore :wink: .
cocco78
Lieutenant

Post by cocco78 »

The_Blind_One any news of your project to create 30 player world map ?

Return to “Scenarios”