Benelux Reunification Scenario

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Sebastiaan
Colonel

Benelux Reunification Scenario

Post by Sebastiaan »

Belgian and the Nederlands once one were nation for a brief period. Unfortunatly due to differece in religion they became seperated. Wouldn't it be nice to reunify them again once again under one flag? What about a scenarion featuring the Nedarlands, Begium and Luxemburg using a 5 km hex size? That way the most important cities and undusties can be modeled accurately.

Anyone intrested in playing such a scenario
BigStone
General

Re: Benelux Reunification Scenario

Post by BigStone »

Sebastiaan wrote:Anyone intrested in playing such a scenario
Yeah
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Re: Benelux Reunification Scenario

Post by The_Blind_One »

Sebastiaan wrote:Belgian and the Nederlands once one were nation for a brief period. Unfortunatly due to differece in religion they became seperated. Wouldn't it be nice to reunify them again once again under one flag? What about a scenarion featuring the Nedarlands, Begium and Luxemburg using a 5 km hex size? That way the most important cities and undusties can be modeled accurately.

Anyone intrested in playing such a scenario
Actually I started a while back on making one...I sorta deleted it since those were my first efforts with the mapeditor...and it got all screwy :D

I hope to make one someday :-)
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Meabee we can work together to create one, I got several good ideas how to create a realistic map
not going forward eqeals to going backward
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

I'm sorry Sebastiaan...

But i've absolutly no experience in modding etc...

BTW... where is heankie.... ???
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

BigStone wrote:I'm sorry Sebastiaan...

But i've absolutly no experience in modding etc...
I think he meant me Bigstone :lol:
BTW... where is heankie.... ???
Don't know 8O

EDIT:

I have some nice info on petroleum for the netherlands. It appears according to a oil rig engineer friend of my dad's that there's a HUGE petroleum field in a triangle underneath den haag, rotterdam and leeuwarden and extending into the north sea on the west of den haag, it is capable of sustaining dutch demand for 30 years. They currently have 2 big dug pipe's down with each pipe able to sustain 16000 barrels a day, these are just 2 pipe's down and it can sustain the entire dutch demand for 30 years!!! this info is apperently not released into official estimated oil-reserves because the goverment hasn't allowed it to be entered as commercialy available oil because it isn't profitable to drill for unless the oil price increases to $16 a barel...(oh wait it is already $60!!!) but the goverment just won't allow it in the official records :S, fearing that the saudie's will make us pay more :D

Thought it would be funny to drill up this oil :P so I'm adding it to my 30 player world map :), now netherlands is an oil exporting nation :P
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

The reason why the goverment doesn't want to exploitate the oil, is because the want to concerve it untill the oil shortages get realy realy bad. $60 a barel is nothing, wait a few years and chanses a very high that the prize for a ballel of oil will be about $250. This very realistic due to the super axpanding economies of china and india.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Sebastiaan wrote:The reason why the goverment doesn't want to exploitate the oil, is because the want to concerve it untill the oil shortages get realy realy bad. $60 a barel is nothing, wait a few years and chanses a very high that the prize for a ballel of oil will be about $250. This very realistic due to the super axpanding economies of china and india.
Sweet, but still BG should add that oil field to the map, hehe, u could make the netherlands a self-sufficient oil region :D (if u wanted to ofcourse)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

From http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/North_Sea/Oil.html
The Netherlands
The Netherlands produced 94,900 bbl/d in 2004. Overall, the Netherlands' oil production has been in decline since 1986, when it peaked at 123,400 bbl/d.
From CIA Factbook;
Oil - production: 46,200 bbl/day (2001 est.)
Oil - consumption: 895,300 bbl/day (2001 est.)
Oil - exports: 1.418 million bbl/day (2001)
Oil - imports: 2.284 million bbl/day (2001)
We made sure to keep this same import/export relationship.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

I know that Balthagor, but I didn't mean that, I wanted to say that u should add those oil fields (ability to drill for oil)

I didn't mean to make them an oil exporting at the start of the scenario, I just meant they should have the ability to do that while ingame by drilling for oil. 8O there should be undrilled oil fields below the netherlands :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

...isn't there already oil deposits there in the map? :-?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Balthagor wrote:...isn't there already oil deposits there in the map? :-?
Well, the world largest known gas field is represent in the north east of the country, however it it too small to make a large significanse on ther netherlands fossil fuel use
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

that would be an interisting scenario that i owuld love to play.

Belgium was created thanks to UK that preffred to not have France or Germany with a big port (Antwerpen) at her door. So having Belgium, Ntherlands and Luxembourg united would be even better since they would or more serious defender than separeted.

On the other side, Germany and France could not see Benelux from that point of view since they would prefer to have the three original countries separated in case of war...

Now what would be the reaction of UK if Benelux ally with Scandinavia rather than UK?

an old playground but still interisting imho :D

Return to “Scenarios”