AMARC in Tucson, Arizona

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Seydlitz
Major

AMARC in Tucson, Arizona

Post by Seydlitz »

http://www.dm.af.mil/amarc/history.html

There are hundreds of F-4s and other Vietnam-era planes there in Arizona (including a large number of B-52s). Though the planes are mothballed, they are easily returned to service.

I remember visiting this place a while back, very interesting. I assume all the units were left out of the game because they would be a major balance issue, correct?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

more likely because they are conisdered to be none servicable by 2010...

I'll see if David has any specific comments, it was his scenarios.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

At the current pace! But if the world is collapsing, will they keep cutting planes up? :wink:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I think if you look at the world scenario, you will see that there are more than enough units in player inventories. Usually by the time I reach the world level of a campaign I am at least on generation of aircraft ahead of the other players, sometimes more. If you'd like a version of that scenario with the airbase back, why not use it as an opportunity to try your hand at the map editor :D

But you'll need to copy the .MAP, .GAM from the /maps directory and the .GMC from the /Scenario directory into the custom directory if you want to give that a try. If you need help with it, I'd be happy to lend advice. Gotta do my part to encourage user submitted scenarios ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

Haha, it's not that big of an issue. I just was curious about it. Besides, I've got a couple other scenarios I'd like to finish, even though I know they never will be. :-)
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

It was a question of whether these units would still be serviceable by 2010. And since they are so far behind technologically as compared to currently available units, the money would not likely be spent to keep these in flying condition.
- David
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: putting all those planes in the air be like every state with a World War II BB in their harbors would fix them up and send them out too. Which wouldn't be a bad idea either. :D Course I doubt it would happen in the game. ( :lol: like to have the USS Alabama prowling around).
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Scenarios”