Europe and Balkans scenarios

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Europe and Balkans scenarios

Post by Uriens »

I've noticed there are numerous misspellings of town/base names and some map upgrades missing for Balkans scenario and Balkans area of Europe scenario. If you are interested I can make a complete list of those and mail it.

Also, I’ve noticed that by scenario description of Balkans scenario Croatia should start allied to Bosnia and Serbia allied to Serb Republic. However, no one is allies to no one.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

If you'd like to send over a spreadsheet of names and corrections, that would be helpful. Just remember we use local place names, not necessarily the english names.

As for the alliances, that would be an error. I'll see about fixing that.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I fixed the Croatia-Bosnia alliance, but I can't find any reference to a Serbia-Serb Republic alliance. Why do you say they should be allied?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Well, Serbian Republic is basically made of Serbians that live in those parts of Bosnia. During war in Bosnia they were heavily supported by Serbia (arms, supplies, etc.). It's very unlikely they would go against each other and actually they are far more likely to have alliance then Croatia and Bosnia. Bosnia (in Balkans scenario) would consist of Muslims and Croats that live in those parts (Muslims are much more numerous there actually). During a period of war in Bosnia, Bosnian Croats and Muslims were openly in war with each other as well so there is still some bitterness among them.
Actually war in Bosnia was the only example of war where, at least for a certain period of time, 3 sides were openly in war with each other on the same area (free for all you might say).

I'll make you a list of those names as soon as I find time to sit down and make it. Actually there is a facility missing there too (airstrip near Split) and a part of the road (Zagreb-Karlovac-Zadar). There is highway going (at our present time) between Split and Zagreb so it's a bit unrealistic not to have those connected in game. I'll try to make those corrections (not many actually) in the map editor, make a screenshot of them and send them with name list.
What e-mail do I send it to?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

you can send the corrections to chris@battlegoat.com

As for Bosnia-Croatia alliance, that was done because there are Croatian peacekeeping troops in Bosnia today. We placed the Croatian troops there so gave the alliance to allow them to be withdrawn or increased. For Serbia and the Serb Republic, I would just expect them to have good starting civilian and diplomatic relations, but there has already been a request to rebalance those for that scenario. I'll keep these comments in mind when I get to that.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Bane
Sergeant

Post by Bane »

I would like to contribute a bit. There are a few facilities missing in Serbia, like Hydro Dam near Romanian border (X:181, Y:043) it is one of the largest in Europe and is divided between Serbia and Romania. Also Coal power plant at X:159 Y:039 is miss placed. It should be moved to the south to X: 158, Y:044. Military goods factory placed near town of Krushevac should be moved near town of Kragujevac (I forgot coordinates). Airfield near town of Kraljevo is not in use for some years now, but there should be airbase near Nis (at least one star).
Railway connection should b added between Belgrade (Serbia) and Podgorica (Montenegro).
One more thing, there are to much guns in this scenario.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I will look at incorporating your suggestions, but have a few comments. Airbases are only one size. Adding one to Nis would increase their build capacity. I'll look at it but not sure I want to do that. Might go with an airstrip.

Your changes, these are suggestions for those countries in Europe map or Balkans/Adriatics map?

What do you mean "too much guns"? I don't understand the comment.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Just a quick question. How do I make a screenshot in map editor and where will it be located?

BTW, I'm almost done with the list.
Bane
Sergeant

Post by Bane »

Your changes, these are suggestions for those countries in Europe map or Balkans/Adriatics map?
It is Balkans/Adriatics map that I checked and that comments were for.
What do you mean "too much guns"? I don't understand the comment.
It is "too many guns", sorry for butchering your language. :oops:

I mean that there are way to many units for Serbia and Croatia(didn't check Albania), specialy T-55 tanks . A lot of those were sold during last and this year (in real life), for 800 euros per tank. Those huge conscript armies shrunk to third of its previous sizes.

Adding one to Nis would increase their build capacity. I'll look at it but not sure I want to do that. Might go with an airstrip.
Well, yes but I was thinking more like deleting airstrip near Kraljevo for, at least, airstrip near Nish.

And regarding, Serbia - Serb Republic diplomatic realtions, well those people now days consider Belgrade for capital instead Sarajevo. When I read "People of Serb Republic disaproving towards Serbia" and "People of Serbia disaproving towards Serb Republic", it was funny. :D
Last edited by Bane on Dec 21 2005, edited 2 times in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The game does not take screenshots. <Shift + Print Screen> should copy a screenshot to the clipboard, paste in any image software.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Ok, mail with corrections sent. :-)
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Looks like Europe scenario could use a 32nd player. Montenegro has declared independence on referendum.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ya, but 31 max ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

When playing Croatia in Balkans scenario MI-17 Hip transport helicopter that you get at the start seems to be bugged. It's supposed to have 192t cargo capacity but it can't transport units with much less tonnage - like garrisons. It's very possible there are more such cases where transports that you start with aren't working.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You are incorrect, it can only carry 122 tonnes. You're looking at the statistics which reports 192 t/sqn but this is an understrength squadrong (15 instead of 24) so it carries less. You need to look at the cargo capacity listed in the cargo area on the left when you're not seeing the statistics.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Scenarios”