New Europe scenario ,things ive noticed

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

New Europe scenario ,things ive noticed

Post by tkobo »

I dont see large amounts of aircraft falling from the sky ?(due to fuel and base issues)
I am curious, was something changed to make this NOT happen in the game, or the scenario ?

The regions dont seem to collaspe economically as much,in fact at just short of a year, not one has yet.

Why is the scenario so short ? One year is for such a large map with so many regions too short in my opinion, even for a unification scenario.

Damn, i had something else,but seem to have forgotten it.

Ah well, back to the game :lol:
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Okay, i remember the part i forgot.

Ther are like 28 regions in the scenario, but you can only pick like 16 of them to play from, because the box isnt large enough to list all the regions and there doesnt seem to be a way to scroll down .
Chuckle TM
red
General

Post by red »

tkobo wrote:Ther are like 28 regions in the scenario, but you can only pick like 16 of them to play from, because the box isnt large enough to list all the regions and there doesnt seem to be a way to scroll down .
Top-right of the region selection screen there's a downward-facing arrow.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: New Europe scenario ,things ive noticed

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:I dont see large amounts of aircraft falling from the sky ?(due to fuel and base issues)
I am curious, was something changed to make this NOT happen in the game, or the scenario ?
Other then helicopters (we won't go there) I have not usualy seen aircraft falling for the sky. They are fairly good at knowing their ranges. The two exceptions would be using mid air refuling (the supply source is unpredicatable) and there is a bug with changing unit move speed in advanced orders can cause them to occasionally misjudge the distances. There have been no recent changes to this.
tkobo wrote:The regions dont seem to collaspe economically as much,in fact at just short of a year, not one has yet.
Regions collapsing economically is not really that common in the game except on the World scenario. In sub-world scenarios the WM provides an alternate source for exports/imports that keeps the economies more stable. When I created the scenario I managed to make those countries close to their original economies. Making balanced small countries like this is much easier. Far less total build cap.
tkobo wrote:Why is the scenario so short ? One year is for such a large map with so many regions too short in my opinion, even for a unification scenario.
That was simply a design decision. In scenario mode you can chose to play it to ay length of time (as of update 3 IIRC)
red wrote:Top-right of the region selection screen there's a downward-facing arrow.
This was added in update 4. Originally only the first 16 regions where playable. The design did not really allow for 31 players but I managed to make it work :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I would also add that the last two updates have made economic model changes that make large regions (ie Europe-parts and World-parts) more stable, and for longer periods of time.

They may still eventually hurt themselves with over-building of units, though.

-- George.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Thanks all. I found that arrow for the other regions in the top right corner.

Ummm,but, i know im old and my eye sight is questionable,but even knowing it was there (because you guys told me) i had trouble seeing it.

Perhaps change the color from grey (which blends in with the background) to something like red ?
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

I noticed something about the Europe scenario. If u play as Germany through campaign and get to the Europe map there's no Poland because u beat them in the last map but if u get to Europe with any other scenario Poland's there. :lol: there's 2 differnet maps u could play on in the Europe scenario when u get there through campaign.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That is correct :)

You can also play it either way by playing it as a scenario and chosing a different grouping.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zworf
Sergeant

Post by Zworf »

I really like the new Europe map!

Only thing I find a bit weird is how almost all countries seem to form alliances instead of going to war.
I've played the map as different countries (Benelux, Ukraine, Greece), but the only war was Poland declaring war on Germany and then Germany beeing bashed to bits by all surrounding countries. After Germany is beaten there doesn't seem to happen anything anymore.

Shouldn't there be more conflicts? (As I understood from the scenario description)

Or perhaps I should play with AI set to agressive... :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zworf wrote:...Shouldn't there be more conflicts? (As I understood from the scenario description)...
That was the intention :-?

I've done some testing of it and as much as I made it to follow our specifications to get a specific outcome, it rarely seems to go as I'd designed. I've seen that it plays most as designed when on normal difficulty. When on very hard the "we hate humans" tends to screw with the storyline :evil:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Actually, I have seen AI make such alliances as described on normal difficulty. :-(
That includes making alliances between eastern and western regions.
It would probably be a good idea to introduce more antagonism between east and west for this scenario, possibly have them start with lower diplomatic and civilian relations and higher CB. Also, I have noticed that eastern regions are much slower with alliances among themselves then western regions. According to description, it should be the other way around.

Return to “Scenarios”