Nordic States

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Nordic States

Post by Eldin »

I've recently started a game as Norway in the Nordic States campaign and I've made a few observations.
Firslty, there's a spelling error on a city namly "Skien" which is named "Skein" on the map.
Secondly I wonder why you have not include the whole of the "Sørlandsbanen" (Railroad Network in Southern Norway).
The railraod runs from Oslo through Kristiansand and up to Stavanger and is an important network for the whole region. (Also the railroad currently ingame doesn't connect to oslo which it should.)
The same also applies for roads.
Europa Road 39 which runs through Stavanger and Kristiansand is not included either.

I've tried to find a map of the railroadnetwork in Norway for you and the only one I could find was on www.jernbane.net
To find the map please hover your mouse over the "Langs linjen" link on the topbar and click on "...eller klikk på kartet".

Unfortunately I was not able to find a map with the roads that I think should be included but I think there should be a road from Oslo to Kristiansand onwards to Stavanger following the coastline for the most part. Kind off like the railroad.

I understand that you devs have alot of stuff to do and I really appriciate the kind off customer support you guys are giving and fully understand if this is not a prioritized fix for you (I don't excpect it to be) but you would make this patriotic Norwegian happy if you chose to fix this :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Nordic States

Post by Balthagor »

Eldin wrote:...why you have not include...
Because we couldn't find any websites with maps either :P

IN most cases we had very little data to go on for roads and rails. With most of the team having never been to Europe, we need information to know where to place them.

While you are correct that there is plenty of stuff keeping us busy, we do still occasionally make map changes. If you would like, take a screenshot of the areas and use something like Microsoft Paint to draw in where the roads/railroads would go and send us the picture (if you could circle the misspelled city also, that would help us find it.) Next time we are in that scenario, we can see about making the changes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

Thanks for the swift reply.
Should be something like this...

Yellow roads
Reds railroad

Northern Norway

Southern Norway

Used http://www.jernbane.net/ as reference for the railroad
Used http://kart.gulesider.no/?q=&s=1 as reference for the roads

What I drew is probably not entirely accurate but atleast theres is something :P
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Could you e-mail them to me?

chris@battlegoat.com
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »