World Scenario Variety

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Eric Larsen
Colonel

World Scenario Variety

Post by Eric Larsen »

I just discovered the wonderful feature of grouping regions thanks to a tip from Balthagor. It's really a shame that the World scenario doesn't have a few grouping varieties to choose from. It certainly is the one scenario that could benefit from groupings to give us a bit more variety for that one large scenario.

I'd like to see two grouping selections for the World scenario. There's one idea from a gamer that makes three regions kind of like the 1984 storyline. I'd like to see another with just two regions - South America grouped into North America and all the other regions grouped into Europe.

That would give us a King Kong AI player to play against as the Americas. No AI vs AI phony sitzkriegs that just sap the AI's. Plus it would allow human players to control when war starts thereby allowing humans and the AI to research the tech tree further before starting the party. It would force the human player to do the amphib and airborne ops to get fighting going since the AI will sit tight and await visitors.

I think it would add a lot of value for very little work on BG's part by just taking the World scenario and adding in a few quick modifications with groupings. While we can do this grouping stuff ourselves it sure would be nice if BG would do this so anytime an update comes out with an updated World scenario the grouping selections would stay "official" and consistent with any new changes.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen

Return to “Scenarios”