Oceania Scenario...

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Oceania Scenario...

Post by Slash78 »

I was wondering if you could expand the Oceania Scenario to "Oceania/SEA" (SEA: South-East Asia) and include Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos (or all three as "Indochina") and Thialand. Also, either make Papua New Gunea (Spelling?) and Micronesia to New Zealand (to make it stronger) or make it another player.

Also, I don't know if someone did it as a joke, but I noticed Hawaii in the top right-hand corner was part of "Indonesia". Thought that was kind of strange.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

Meant Solomon Islands, not Micronesia.

Note: Australia currently is leading peace keeping in both East Timor and Solomons.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Oceania Scenario...

Post by Balthagor »

Slash78 wrote:I was wondering if you could expand the Oceania Scenario to "Oceania/SEA" (SEA: South-East Asia) and include Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos (or all three as "Indochina") and Thialand. Also, either make Papua New Gunea (Spelling?) and Micronesia to New Zealand (to make it stronger) or make it another player.

Also, I don't know if someone did it as a joke, but I noticed Hawaii in the top right-hand corner was part of "Indonesia". Thought that was kind of strange.
In which scenario is Hawai part of Indonesia?

As for enlarging the scenario, this is not something the mapeditor supports. We'd have to start the scenario from scratch. If you send me a Jpeg of a world image with the area outlined (from any source, not a high res image) I can make a cut from the imagery if you'd like to create the sceanrio yourself.

At this stage I find it unlikely that any of our ongoing efforts will be to create entirely new scenarios. They simple use up too many resources this late in the game's life cycle.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

In which scenario is Hawai part of Indonesia?
The "Oceania" Scenario. Go all the way right and up and you'll see a series of island with a yellow border around them. That is Hawaii. Right-click and you'll see (Indonesia).
As for enlarging the scenario, this is not something the mapeditor supports. We'd have to start the scenario from scratch. If you send me a Jpeg of a world image with the area outlined (from any source, not a high res image) I can make a cut from the imagery if you'd like to create the sceanrio yourself.
You wouldn't have to, all the countries I mentioned will fit on the "Oceania" scenario map as is. The "Oceania" Scenario is the one where you play as Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia or the Philipinese.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Oops! We'll paint out Hawaii :roll:

You're correct that the borders could be expanded without expanding the map, but only Thailand and Cambodia would fit properly. Vietnam and Laos would be clipped. This would also need to exist as a separate custom scenario since those regions in their own branche of the campaign.

While adding the players to the scenario would be less work than creating an entirly new scenario, I still don't see us tackling this one. It would require painting in the borders, additons to the player variables and adding the units If you decide to do it I'd be happy to send you the info I have on those regions (spreadsheets of units per region and the original player variables file).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

Send me the info if you would. I wouldn't mind if Vietnam and Laos are clipped, not a lot would be missing.

Return to “Scenarios”