A little advice on WW3 as central africa please

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Most steps you can take to make them hate you more, will be embraced by all regions on the map (except allies) as reasons for them also to hate you more.

Raise your build cap, excellent way to generate hate for your region, but its universal hate.

A boycott of the region you want to declare can also help them make that choice, but oddly i "think" this also has a universal effect,though i think smaller for the non-boycotted regions.

Tossing a nuke at someone will also generate universal hate,and have a nasty effect on your troops morale.

On the positive side, the AI does not invade well and usaully with nowhere near enough units to be a real threat.
So if it takes too long,shows no sign of working, just bite the bullet and declare war yourself.
A small well placed and good manuveering force is all you'll likely need to protect any other borders from the other AIs.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
bungle
Warrant Officer

Post by bungle »

Latest update.

Well did I get a surprise :D.

After trying everything to get spain to declare war on me, I gave up left a small number of troops near their enclave border on key roads nand set the sausage machine off moving troops up to take a whack at Israel.

What do you know, a Day an a half later and with 7 stack sausages halfway to Timbuktoo, those evil devils Spain Declare on me.

So all sausages back to spanish enclave to administer a deserved spanking to the modern day Franco in charge there then back in the sausage machine to teach the Isralies tanks arent everything :lol:

A strong defensive line, lots of artillery and then floating artillery train I mentioned before and its bye bye Israel in short order. Some heavy casuakties pitting my Light infantry against their Merk4's but only lost 4 units total3 because I cant count and 8 stacks pushed poor solo infantry into the IDF heavies.

A quick note those warterborne artillery are amazing and AOE transports in the middle act as 5,000 tonne supply trucks, they get through units close to the coast faster than I can believe, emptying whole bases in no time.

Anyway after Israel, Surprise surprise Soudi and Turkey Decide im public enemy no.1 and declare on me (Soudi even before israel is fully toast).

So Im now in the middle if a gentleman's disagreement with these two who alas are no brighter and even easier than Israel ( no long range missile artillery to bother talking about.

Responding to my replies.

Hi Red :)

Transporting units sucks, and in this ww3 scenario I plan to do none with the possible exception of UK until all of the mainland I can get at is mine. Oz, Japan and North/South america will definatly come last.

In my previous play, a campaign starting as West germany and working through to the world map, I transported 0ver 2,500 units from africa to south america (near recife) and god was that a bummer.

Why on earth does a 10000 tonne transport decice to pick up 1 whole unit unless you micro manage the loading (please please improve this in 2020).

I was using 747's for infantry transport too and for those patented Dumbo drops of mech infantry mentioned in the forums elswhere (to take cuba jamaca etc).

Dont worry I have 747's on order ready for the time I will need them.

Hi Tkobo :-).

As mentioned Spain went ahead and solved my little problem for me fortunatly.

Im still hoping a few techs/units pop up in other countries before I go to war with them so am keeping build cap lower than USA, Im actualy about 4th as even though I have cash to spare I can help shutting down unwanted bases.

I havent tried an embargo to cause a war declaration ill try it when I next need one.

BTW I tried diplomacy with unreasonable demands for land and threatening and was just ignored, 5 days later the transaction was still pending?

On the send a nuke today front, sadly I cant :-(. I got this game late in comparison to you guys via download from Gamersgate AB and for the life of me I cant find where it tells me the nuke activation, key so im buggered on that score.

Well enough rabbiting on for one night, have fung guys and tahnks again for the responses.

Cheers
Bungle
He either fears his fate too much, Or his desserts are small, Who dares not put it to the touch, To win or lose it all.

Return to “Scenarios”