Nordic States - fortress Oslo

Discussion on Supreme Ruler 2010 Scenarios

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

merc
Private

Nordic States - fortress Oslo

Post by merc »

I am playing Finland in the Nordic States scenario versus AI.

Sooner or later all the other countries declared war on me, so had to give the finnish defence forces some less defensive orders to sort the issue...

I sent my troops through Lapland againt Sweden and Norway and now the Scandinavian penisula belongs to me down to Gothenburg. Not willing to face the Danes before clearing up Norway and last swedes first. Easy going so far - just as you would think 8)

Unfortunately I fail to see how I could ever conquer the Oslo fjord region . Have had it under siege for months now, but still there is no going there. Not only does it have 50+ artillery units and 10+ ships stacked there but the fjords are quite far from ideal tank country...

Norway has lost pretty much all production facilities so they are suffering from lack of agricultural products (=famine?), but still they are able to provice military supplies for those arty units.

What can I do? No nukes at hand and sending air units anywhere near the city is just suicide...

Just have to develop arty units with longer range the the norske ones?

Merc
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Well, if you cant/wont use tanks or airpower, cant/dont want to build and use a navy, then theres always the old standby----Fast, Hard Hitting Mech Infantry.

Draw out most of the arts defenders, than charge in with some art resistant mech infantry.They will tear up that enemy art when they reach them.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Scenarios”