Religion

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jopo
Captain
Human: Yes

Religion

Post by Jopo »

Ok, I want to raise a question. Why is religion not in the game as it was in SR2020? Religion played a major role in the Middle-Eastern conflicts during the Cold War, so it cannot be just dismissed as unimportant, especially if you play one of the Middle-Eastern nations like Israel.

I think religion should definetly be brought back. Things like the Arab-Israeli conflicts and the Iranian Revolution are hard to model without religion in the game. Religion should definetely have an impact on national relations and there should be a new type of government available, Theocracy, like in Iran.

I think religion is an important dynamic in the game and should be brought back in SRCW.
Fistalis
General

Re: Religion

Post by Fistalis »

Jopo wrote:Ok, I want to raise a question. Why is religion not in the game as it was in SR2020? Religion played a major role in the Middle-Eastern conflicts during the Cold War, so it cannot be just dismissed as unimportant, especially if you play one of the Middle-Eastern nations like Israel.

I think religion should definetly be brought back. Things like the Arab-Israeli conflicts and the Iranian Revolution are hard to model without religion in the game. Religion should definetely have an impact on national relations and there should be a new type of government available, Theocracy, like in Iran.

I think religion is an important dynamic in the game and should be brought back in SRCW.
Its in the game we don't get a UI pop up for it since there is nothing we can do to effect it its kinda of a filler stat. Theocracy is also already in the game.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Jopo
Captain

Post by Jopo »

Well maybe in the future there could be ways to affect the religion of your pops. Like laws setting a state religion and making praying mandatory in schools and that sort of stuff.
Jopo
Captain

Post by Jopo »

I think religion should be made into more than just a filler statistic. There should be ways of influencing it through laws and other means. Religion has historically been an important cause of war, so inter-religion relations should be modeled to the game and the player should be able to change these aspects by taking steps to encourage peace between religions or if it is war that one wants, by fomenting hatred in ones religious community.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Are there elections in a theocracy regime?

Is there a possibility for a theocracy regime to lose the power?

Is there the chance to switch a theocracy to a dictatorship?

Is there a chance for a theocracy, monarchy, communism or dictatorship to switch to democracy?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

no, no, no, only by the use of scripted events.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

You mean that a theocracy lives forever? If I mod my region to have theocracy am I free from DAR and MAR?
DreadLock
Sergeant

Post by DreadLock »

I think if you lose you'r dar u will change to dictatorship and and if u lose mar u lose the game. Not a 100% but i think thats what happens.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Is there a message that appears suddently if the dar/mar drops below the minimum?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I think so but probably below the default message priority threshold. You can adjust that in options.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
arcstarscream
Sergeant

Post by arcstarscream »

statistic, I was not aware of a religion statistic, anyone know were it is located?
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

arcstarscream wrote:statistic, I was not aware of a religion statistic, anyone know were it is located?
Its hidden but likely still exists, Haven't tried to redo the old religion screen. Alls it was was a % of each religion your pop was.. since it had no real bearing on the game they didn't bother redoing it with the new CW UI. (unlike loyalty thats 100%.. that stayed as if the % actually changes lol)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
arcstarscream
Sergeant

Post by arcstarscream »

ahhh I see, thanks
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”