Request: less clicks

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Do you want less clicks or are you a clickfreak?

Yes, this makes perfect sense.
85%
No, clicking is an enjoyable part of the game.
15%

Total votes: 13
Mnemozyne
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Request: less clicks

Post by Mnemozyne »

Ill follow this by the book from now on one topic and one subject. For me this has a very high priority because its tiring and a waste of time. Heres a picture of an example where I have 170 unit designs to trade. Fastest way to do this is to doubleclick on the tech.

By doing that I have to click the mouse 340 times just to add my techs to the trade window but in this example I have to click around 400 times before im finished with this specific trade. This is insane, noone should even have had to request such a thing like this in the first place.
If I can trade everything at once ill save me 370 mouse clicks. If I can shift + leftclick on the techs to select several at the same time id get away with around 30-40. If I can trade whole tech groups id get away with 20. And if the other nation for some reason reject the trade later, you have to do it again and the number of clicks double in an instant.

- Even one time single right click on the tech to add it to trade window instead of doubleclick left click would speed up the trade -

Dont forget to vote in the poll.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mnemozyne on Jan 10 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Request: less clicks

Post by Balthagor »

Mnemozyne wrote:...Heres a picture of an example where I have 170 unit designs to trade...
Whatever suggestions you make about the GUI would be overshadowed by the fact that in game we have a situation where a player wants to trade 170 unit designs at once. Anything in the GUI would simply be masking a larger issue.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

One thing that takes 'clicking' time for me is playing as say China or USSR and having to sell lots of old units or scraping them. One thing that could improve this is that having a function that would allow you to sell all units of engineers. Like a similar function as the scrap function, but also one that would say "scrap all units of this design".
EDIT: Or Garrisoning big countries, add a function that adds one garrison to every town etc
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

For the garrisons, we have made some changes to help with this. If you set a theater priority to low this will cause the AI to decrease garrisons. Same for battlezone priority. There is also a minister priority for this. They stack, so between the three you can strip your garrisons without every clicking the "remove" button.

Controlling BZs/theaters is an area we already have noted as requiring too many clicks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Balthagor wrote:For the garrisons, we have made some changes to help with this. If you set a theater priority to low this will cause the AI to decrease garrisons. Same for battlezone priority. There is also a minister priority for this. They stack, so between the three you can strip your garrisons without every clicking the "remove" button.

Controlling BZs/theaters is an area we already have noted as requiring too many clicks.
Personally I don't use them(yet atleast :P), i'm quite picky how I wan't things to be garrisoned :wink:
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Balthagor wrote:Controlling BZs/theaters is an area we already have noted as requiring too many clicks.
I would very much like to see a one-click-resets-all-battlezones, erm, clicker. It can be quite frustrating going through a large annexed area, trying to remember which battlezones have and haven't been reset after a fight.
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Some way to do quantity builds, particularly for unit production and facility construction/activation/deactivation/scrapping. Something standard across the UI, like click for 1, shift-click for 5, control-click for 25, etc. For most countries this isn't an issue, but if you are playing as, say, USA or USSR, and need to close 5-600 petrol plants...
Chauncey
Warrant Officer

Post by Chauncey »

I must confess my sympathies are, and have been for years if we go back to earlier SR titles, with the original poster here. There are numerous areas of the game where far too many clicks are required. The already mentioned areas of the diplomatic screen and scrapping units are quite notable. For my part also, as I have mentioned in the past, I think a lot of the headache (and I mean that quite literally) stems from the deadly combination of a large military (e.g. USA, USSR) and using a battalion unit-scale. Organizing a large-scale, effective, combined arms military offensive at this level is, as somone here put it a while ago, "near aneurism inducing". The quantity of clicks required is excessive.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”