Update 3.7 Available

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3.7 Available

Post by Balthagor »

FLACOS wrote:Hi everybody, :wink:

sorry to ask, but i've bought the game at green-man-gaming and it seems that they alway's have the version 7.0.5 to download...There is no downloader for the patch with this version of the game, how can we do to have it...?

Thanks a lot for your help and reply.

Regards
Please e-mail support@battlegoat.com and we'll help you out.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

FLACOS wrote:... it seems that they alway's have the version 7.0.5 to download...There is no downloader for the patch with this version of the game, how can we do to have it...?
If a digital store site includes an older version, you are usually given the option to "check for updates" when you original install the game. This will pull the latest update directly from our servers.

You can also directly download the latest update, which works for all previous versions:

www.battlegoat.com/downloads/SRCW-Update-7-3-7.exe
Stavros
Sergeant

Post by Stavros »

Playing as the USSR, seems that after 7.3.7 release some cities are now towns, I have nuke power plants in cities for the city power bonus, I`m guessing the change was in the update not a glitch!
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Has the "refit to" option (column R in DEFAULT.UNIT) ever been implemented in SRCW?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

no
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Thank you for the reply!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Wait, we still can't recall spies once they are dispatched? That sucks...especially in situations when I was spying on country A and that hex is taken by my ally country B. I end up spying on country B and if caught, ruining relations with country B... :evil:
:cough:BUG:cough: :P
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I was outvoted on how that feature works but discovered that if you deactiveate/reactive your spy academy they suddenly get called home. But that's all of them.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

George Geczy wrote:Update 3.7 has now been made "Live". It should show up as an "Update Available" link in the game menu for anyone that has not downloaded the update directly yet.

Oh, and for Steam users, we may (finally!) have some good news. If the stars align, and we say our incantations correctly, Steam should start pushing out update 3.7 automatically to players as of now. :o

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend!
number47 wrote:Gamestop (Impulse) still hasn't update the game...do you have information if they are ever going to apply the latest update to the game (current game still 7.3.1)?
Is this only a matter of time or you saying the update is "live" doesn't relate to Gamestop (Impulse)?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Impulse users should get the "Update" link in the game's main menu.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

Will the changes in this update effect earlier campaigns already in progress?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

GenPatton43 wrote:Will the changes in this update effect earlier campaigns already in progress?
Yes and NO. Engine changes = yes. Scenario specific changes = no.

To get ALL the changes a new game will be required.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
GenPatton43
Warrant Officer

Post by GenPatton43 »

Fistalis wrote:
GenPatton43 wrote:Will the changes in this update effect earlier campaigns already in progress?

OK, Thanks. One more question, maybe it doesn't pertain to this thread and if so, my apologies, but I had downloaded someones addon awhile back that allowed you to load transport aircraft with other, smaller aircraft. I'm sure everyone knows what a pain in the @$$ it is to try and get an F-4J or F-104 over to Europe when it only has a range of 800 miles. The addon worked great, however, with the new update, it appears that its not compatible. It no longer gives the option to "Load Unit" for aircraft. Anyone know whose addon that was and if its been updated to work with this patch?
Thanks again.

BTW, overall, I think you guys did a decent job with this one, everything seems scaled down a little and its a decent performance boost.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

GenPatton43 wrote:
Fistalis wrote:

OK, Thanks. One more question, maybe it doesn't pertain to this thread and if so, my apologies, but I had downloaded someones addon awhile back that allowed you to load transport aircraft with other, smaller aircraft. I'm sure everyone knows what a pain in the @$$ it is to try and get an F-4J or F-104 over to Europe when it only has a range of 800 miles. The addon worked great, however, with the new update, it appears that its not compatible. It no longer gives the option to "Load Unit" for aircraft. Anyone know whose addon that was and if its been updated to work with this patch?
Thanks again.

BTW, overall, I think you guys did a decent job with this one, everything seems scaled down a little and its a decent performance boost.
SGT Scubas. AFAIK is should still be compatible but you may have to reinstall it. (don't run it myself so i could be mistaken)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Antonin
Lieutenant

Post by Antonin »

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask about game speed.

When SRCW was released I remember there were some concerns about the very low game speed. I downloaded the demo, and while it does run on my Win 7 laptop [it's a Dell M5030 with an AMD 2.40 GHz V160 processor and 4G of memory], it's very slow.

Do the latest updates improve game speed? I would really like to buy SRCW.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”