Update 3.7 Available

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3.7 Available

Post by Balthagor »

The last update had a very big improvement to game speed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Antonin
Lieutenant

Post by Antonin »

Balthagor wrote:The last update had a very big improvement to game speed.
That's great news! Thank you very much!

I have been playing SR2020 for years and have always wondered what it would be like to step back into the Cold War era. The China-USSR split is especially interesting to me.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Not sure why I'm even bothering to inquirs on your boards about your game. As far as I can tell, you guys no longer support, much less take any interest in any of your older titles.

But ah well, here goes:

Reinstalled Supreme Ruler Cold War (from Gamersgate). NOTE: until recently I had an old install on a different drive (which was the subject of my recent post "Crash to Desktop" thread which has yet to receive any response). Launched a new campaign as USSR.

Noticed my portrait was the black player silhouette ("pic20000.jpg") instead of Stalin.

Grabbed the 7.3.7 patch from this board, and installed it. No change to the player avatar. At that point, also noticed that: many of the other world leader portraits are just generic pics from SR2020 era instead of the more naturalistic and accurate leader pics I recall from playing the previous installation of the game recently.

So what gives? Any idea why many of the leader pics are generic instead of specific representations of actual historical leaders?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It is true that our older titles don't get much attention, we have limited resources and working on more recent and upcoming titles uses up our time very quickly.

Leader pics were never removed from the game, they would be whatever we had when development ended.

BTW, SR Cold War is 8 years old now. Expecting ongoing support isn't realistic.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”