question about strategic bombers

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

question about strategic bombers

Post by Cdiplayer »

I am in 1995 in the Cold War and I am playing as Portugal. When am I going to get some strategic bomber designs to research? I have researched 21st century aircraft and I'm currently researching advanced military designs. At what point is a strategic bomber going to show up for me to research?
forumname
Major

Re: question about strategic bombers

Post by forumname »

Buy the B-52 from the US
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

forumname wrote:Buy the B-52 from the US
uuuh the U.S. doesn't like me very much lol. After I annexed all my colonies by force they sorta stopped selling me things. I did do some digging around in the game files though and found a strategic bomber called the GB-16 Squall which I should be able to research. The only problem is I don't know what the prerequisite techs are for it. Could anyone find out for me? I'd like to have my own strategic bomber before the year 2000.
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Start over, and buy the B-52 from the US.

There is no comparison in this game.
nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

Wait, hold up there.

I'm currently in playing as America 1951 and I've just researched the B-52. However, I didn't build many of them, as though their range and missile capacity makes them perfect for nuclear deployment, I deemed them inferior to the B-36 in a tactical capacity because they do less damage ordinarily. But you say there's nothing better in the game--am I missing something?
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

From a 1991 game as US

B-36 D
6415 km range
96 bombs
or 8 missiles
damage
230@9 km / 200@9 km

B-52 H
16500km range
456 bombs
or 38 missiles
damage
210@ 28 km / 180@28km

You decide.
nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

Wait, I'm not quite sure I get it. So, is it that if a bomber is using standoff missiles, it can't carry its usual bombs?
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Does the cargo volume of the plane magically double simply because you chose to load it with missiles?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

forumname wrote:Does the cargo volume of the plane magically double simply because you chose to load it with missiles?
Hard to say since im no expert on magic. Although a run of the mill unmagical plane wouldn't. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

forumname wrote:Does the cargo volume of the plane magically double simply because you chose to load it with missiles?
Ammo is removed in equal weight to the missiles being added but the aircraft can still load missiles once the supplies value reaches zero. Some hard points are usable for missiles only.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BlackSoulReaper
Warrant Officer

Post by BlackSoulReaper »

Cdiplayer wrote:I am in 1995 in the Cold War and I am playing as Portugal. When am I going to get some strategic bomber designs to research? I have researched 21st century aircraft and I'm currently researching advanced military designs. At what point is a strategic bomber going to show up for me to research?
If I remember right, designs for none primary nations aren't in yet. You'd need to be one of the big nations to have the "good"designs. Otherwise buy them from your neighbors. Curious to see your map though as my games end a lot quicker...
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

BlackSoulReaper wrote:
Cdiplayer wrote:I am in 1995 in the Cold War and I am playing as Portugal. When am I going to get some strategic bomber designs to research? I have researched 21st century aircraft and I'm currently researching advanced military designs. At what point is a strategic bomber going to show up for me to research?
If I remember right, designs for none primary nations aren't in yet. You'd need to be one of the big nations to have the "good"designs. Otherwise buy them from your neighbors. Curious to see your map though as my games end a lot quicker...
I did finally get a strategic bomber. Its called the GB 16 Squall and it is similar to the B-1 I think. I will post a short video of what my map looks like right now.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

http://youtu.be/bVQITcdXl3g here's a video of my game. I'm in 2007 right now. I'm researching a new strategic bomber called the Swansea right now but it looks like a crappier version of the B-2 Spirit.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

That video is so clear. I just cannot get mine to come out like that, may I know what program(s) you used?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

I used Fraps.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”