The Re-rise of the British Empire.

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

The Re-rise of the British Empire.

Post by CptBritish »

Hi gonna try and do an Role playing type AAR. Though haven't done one since SR:2010 demo so cut me a bit of slack lol. (also have patience with the screenies not done this in a while like I said :-) )

My personal rules are:
1. No cheating.
2. No unit design trading. Only units i'll unit will be ones I capture or units that the United Kingdom can research and build from start though i will try to mostly use UK units.
3. Very little tech trading (It'll be hard for me to keep to this but we'll see I'll TRY very hard ofc)

Here are the options I chose for the game (I chose easy economy because I kinda failed in my first game lol so I'll build myself up from here)

Also its not mentioned there but I've set Volitility to Very high... Fun Fun :P

Date is October the 8th 1949 Prime Minister CptBritish has been elected to rule the British People and its colonies in his first address to the Houses of Parliament he had this to say.

"First let me thank a previous Prime Minister of ours, Winston Churchill he led this great nation through the darkness of the 1940's with strength and honour, today's United Kingdom would be alot different or even had ceased to exsist had it not been for his leadership. Now though the United Kingdom faces a different threat. Although still a threat of bullets and bombs is also a battle for ideology the poor people of the world look towards what they see as a workers paradise and the USSR encourages this when we all know that it is a repressive conglomerate of oppressed nations. I hope the house will support me and my future plans for this great nation. Thank you.

The Prime Minister recieved a standing ovation but was it his vocal "back slapping" of Winston Churchill - who although both sides of the house wouldn't admit lead the country through pure strength of will in the Second World War - or trying to show A united front against the Soviet Union. One thing is for sure Great Britain will be great again and not all the countries in the world - NATO & Soviet - will like it.
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
stephen
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: The Re-rise of the British Empire.

Post by stephen »

looking forward to see this
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

The Prime Minister is sitting in his office just randomly look through some files when some higher up in the Ministry of Defense knocks.

"Here are the Troop numbers for Germany you wanted Prime minister" the Civil Servent said nervously.

"Holy sweet mother of Christ what percentage of the total deployed British Army is there?" he said with barely contained anger

"About 60- 70% of the Army Prime minister with about 10% of the Air..."

"Bring them home... they are doing nothing looking scarey in Northern Germany. Let the French pick up the slack its not like they did much in the War"

"But the French resistance helped greatly in..."

"Well we aren't talking about the French Resistance now are we... Are they manning the barricades in Germany? No. They've gone home and now we are stuck with regular French Troops... Wheres Napoleon when you need him"

"But Prime..."

"Sarcasm... Sarcasm old chap, you'll need to learn if your gonna be my go to guy in the MOD. Whats your name anyway"

"Chris Shepherd, Prime Minister"

And So the Armed forces came home. Although condemned by the American & French leaders the Prime Minister made is clear that he is still commited to the NATO Alliance and will jump to the aid of Western Germany should the worst happen but the British tax payer is unwilling to fund a costly defensive exercise in Germany when we are preparing against someone we called our ally for 4 years.

The Prime Minister also started his series of economic reforms designed the boost the budget and he hoped in the long run make every Britain richer.

These started with the production of 6 mid sized industrial goods plants to be aided by the Royal Engineers.

Also he set about raising taxes and lower what he saw as "pointless" social programs like the Environment, Family subsidy, Cultural subsidy and social assistance. When asked by some gathered reporters on his way to Downing Street the Prime minister answered.

"SOCIAL ASSISTANCE! What the country has gone through and your bloody whining about that! Wheres the blitz spirit! When i make jobs for the entire country they won't need bloody Social assistance!"

Also in addition to the Industrial goods plants the Prime Minister the need for increased Oil production and where better than the... Colonies! Well they've accused the British of raping their land for years... Lets live up to it! When asked by the civil servents overseeing the operation he said.

"Well we control or have influence over alot of the Middle East don't we? Last I looked that have oil... Bloody hell why do the British Tax payers pay for you! God do I have to do everything myself! Jesus christ!!! Look heres a map, lets get oil from Kuwait and Qatar to start with. Happy now?"

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

just know that we in South Africa are independet so do not come looking for how gold! again!! :D
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

SoB wrote:just know that we in South Africa are independet so do not come looking for how gold! again!! :D
Mainly i'm gonna go for places like Egypt and Iraq etc... So i can control a decent amount of Oil plus Saudia might get dragged into this :)

If the Nukes aren't flying then maybe go for Canada :lol: They have alot of Uranium and Oil could use that...

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Becareful when you invade canada,DONT let your men eat the food !They'll never survive it.....
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Post by stephen »

tkobo wrote:Becareful when you invade canada,DONT let your men eat the food !They'll never survive it.....
Why, is poisoned?
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

tkobo wrote:Becareful when you invade canada,DONT let your men eat the food !They'll never survive it.....
Foreign food for H.M. Armed forces never... They'll survive on Corned Beef Sandwiches and Full English Breakfasts!

Anyway :-)

I'm lying in the next bit but wanted a RP reason as to why the Soviets are in Gibraltar also I can use this as a reason why I lost two units as soon as I started due to them been in East Germany :evil:

Chris Shepherd walkes into the Prime Minister's Office...

"Prime Minister terrible news!"

"What is it lad?"

"Their has been a Communist coup in Gibraltar!"

"What are their numbers man! Come on Spit it out!"

"We have pictures taken by the RAF as they evacuated the Army there were terrible casualties Prime Minister. 3 Garrison units more or less destroyed. The Rebels were equipped with older Russian equipment but they overwelmed the defenders, As soon as they'd taken control Warsaw pact troops landed and secured the area. Now Prime Minister here is the best photo we have with information that the RAF has provided for you."

"May god have mercy. How did they hide that much from us I want the intelligence officer overseeing Gibraltar questioned and crossed checked for communist leaning. Right i've got to make some calls, is that all?"

"Yes Prime Minister"

Meanwhile the Prime Ministers reforms are starting to come to head.

While the Royal Engineers are on their way to Qatar to start construction of the new Oil Wells...

18 new Industrial plants (12 of them of Mid size)

Full steam ahead... No going back now...

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

This is just a filler as to whats happened in the last two years. I haven't been in any wars yet as i'm concentrating on my economy.

Two years into the Re-Rise of the British Empire nothing really has happened to the United Kingdom, although some allies and potential enemies have fallen, the UK remains untouched by the horrors of the not so cold war... Here is a quick break down of whats happened.

The USSR declared war on West Germany and more or less a couple of days after West Berlin was lost to the allies although our government mourns the lose of Allied troops we must go forward with our goals before we commit H.M. Armed Forces to Germany.

The Korean question finally reached a head with a full scale assault by the South Koreans and their American Allies pushing aside all who stood before them.

Operation going well?

Or it was until they awoke the Chinese masses... The Americans just weren't prepared.

And thus ends the Korean question but NATO marches forward and we will win!

West Germany grows impatient waiting for NATO's support and launches head long into the Iron Curtain

But start to think that breaking themselves on a brick wall starts to lose its appeal they then go for the Czechs and destroy them in short order (Sorry missed a screenie of the start)

And thus here is the United Kingdom in the year 1951 tall and strong but still with a unstable economy

Last edited by CptBritish on Jul 23 2011, edited 1 time in total.

LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

I think I just spent the last 20 minutes following this. ^^
Very interesting & definitely alot of details. ^^
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

LiKaapstad wrote:I think I just spent the last 20 minutes following this. ^^
Very interesting & definitely alot of details. ^^
Thank you :D was about to put up a few pics regarding my annexation of Ireland but i've had to load to an earlier save because the UN wouldn't sell me god damn electricity lol

Gonna go and destroy Ethiopia though because they declared war on me ages ago but I couldn't be arsed with sending my units there until my economy was more stable. So there will be some screenshots of me actually fighting soon :D

Also a tip for anyone who hasn't played the United Kingdom yet... Scrap your Bren Carriers (Those T-16 infantry things) they are useless and die on mass to Motorised Infantry and Tanks Comet and above tend to be ok against the lesser nations but i'd scrap or sell your Cromwells...

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Operation: Abyssinian Suppression

In May 1936 the Italians annexed Ethiopia. The year is now 1952 and now the British will throw out these war mongers who would dare declare war on one of the Crown Colonies! and create not a colony but British Land in Africa governed by honest and wise (HA!) British officials...

The Prime Minister speaking to the House of Commons had this to say.

"Right Honourable Gentlemen in 1951 the leaders of Ethiopia decided that it would be right to declare war on Eritrea, a colony of this great nation. As we all know a declaration of war on our colonies is a declaration of war against every British person who walks this Earth. The Government and H.M. Armed forces have given the war mongers of Eithiopia a chance to come to sense but they have ignored our calls for peace, Now they shall learn the error of their ways. I told the Ministry of Defense to organise a task force to go forth and suppress the entire area and allow democracy to prevail and idiocy to fail! For over 200 years we were a force to be feared and through successive governments we have allowed the Army and Navy to degrade in power and influence... The world shall once again understand the power Britain can wield. Right Honourable gentlemen of this great house all I ask is you support this endevour..."

Patriotism gripped the House. Although Eithiopia was a minor threat by any regards... He stirred the house to a fervor not seen since the famous "We shall fight them on the Beaches..." speech by the Great Winston Churchill. One thing is for certain the House will support just about any action this Prime Minister puts forward if he keeps showing charisma like this...

OOB for the Invasion.

Her Magesties Army provided...

20 Divisions of A41 Centurion Mk. 1 Tanks
28 Divisions of FV603 Saracens
18 Divisions of Motorised Infantry
6 Divisions of M1917 Mk VIII 152mm Artillary

While The Galant Heros of 1940 commited...

5 Squadrons of B-46 Firebrands
4 Squadrons of F.Mk 2 Tempests
6 Squadrons of FB.Mk 5 Vampires
4 Squadrons of HP.61 Hastings CIII

While the Royal Navy would only get a partial but still important role of covering the shores she commited...
The HMS Vangard
8 Patrol Boats

After a short trip, Britains small show of strength would be on display to the world and show the communist leaning Leaders of the Middle East that they still will be kept in check by their betters on the world stage......

On the Economic front the Prime Minister has started the long and grueling task for making Great Britain self sufficient in Electric Power... All around the country Coal Power plants are popping up...

Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

I think Ill model my next one like this, really keeps the attention.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
-George Santayana
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Operation: Abyssinian Suppression

As the task force was getting into position, the Foreign and Colonial Affairs office in Eritrea received an urgent message from the Ethiopia leader, apparently he knew about the landing of the Task Force in Eastern Eritrea and at last saw reason...

The Civil Servent in charge tore the letter up in the face of the Eithiopian messenger...

"The Prime Minister offered you peace when this... unpleasantness started and you laughed in his face when all he wished was peace in this region, well now H.M. Armed forces have come to wipe that same smile off your leaders face, The end in nigh for your little insignificant country, Go back to your leader tell him what i've told you it will matter not, now remove your face from here before we refuse to uphold the "proper conduct" when dealing with messengers"

The Messenger dropped his head before heading out on his long journey.

No doubt he was still on his way when the first British troops start their drive into Eithiopia...

The Army and Airforce were unmerciful in there conduct...

Cracks were starting to show in the Eithiopian military... (I HATE DEFECTION!!!! ARGH!!!!)

Before long H.M. Armed Forces had suppressed all of Northern Eithiopia...

Then something unexpected...

An Army Major sprints up to the commanding officer in the Battle for the Capital... Field Marshall Montgomery.

The messenger tries desperately to catch his breath.

"Sir... The lads at the front... have come up against... an unexpected foe..."

"Spit it out Major what are we dealing with here"

"Well sir the Infantry have noticed that these particular Eithiopians can actually fight its nothing like the opposition we've come up against so far"

"So what your telling me is the cream of the British Armed forces... MY TASK FORCE! Is struggling?

"No not that Sir but from what we can get out of the P.O.W.s is that some of them have been training with the Chinese... The ones that Stormed Seoul and destroyed the last of the American 1st Expeditionary Army"

"Hmm this complicates matters slightly, lets hold back for a few weeks - the lads could do with a bit of R&R - and see how their training helps them when we open up with the 152mm Guns day and night.

More or less a month after Monty ordered the Artillary bombardment over 200,000 Civilians lay dead the Eithiopian Special Forces were shadows of their former selves...

Montgomery addresses the officers and senior NCOs troops...

"We came to this country men to uphold British values and rid the world of one more War Monger... Well lads HAVE AT THEM! RALLY YOUR MEN AND FINISH THIS!"

The Order went out...

The Capital fell after what was a fight that can barely be called such... The die hard of the Eithiopian military staged a last stand at their main HQ but it was all for nought.....

When the 1st, 3rd and 10th Infantry divisions and the 56th and 93rd Armoured were ordered to surround their last HQ they were given 20 minutes to surrender... They ignored it. What followed was something that could only be called a massacre. The Eithiopians low on ammunition, food and water were no match for the Arms and Armour of the British Crown... Many tried to surrender when they saw their comrades been shot to ribbons... There was even one case of a Centurion crew flattening a small building with its tracks just to get to a couple of Eithiopian soldiers trying to hold out within. The Battle of Addis Abba was over - as it was offically called - but this name was never used by the rank and file of the 1st British Expeditionary Task Force... Names more like Slaughter, Massacre, killing fields of Addis Abba were more widespread and a few NCO's received disiplinaries - albeit light - after the battle due to "Unappropriate enthusiasm" when dealing with those that tried to surrender after the 20 minutes was up...

And thus Eithiopian independence was over... British Rule followed. To ease the strain on the lads, Rum and Beer rations were tripled for 4 weeks.

kkania
Lieutenant

Post by kkania »

What a twist! The presence of battle-hardened Ethiopian special forces sure is surprising.

Return to “After Action Reports”