First Playthrough as America

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fubbles
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

First Playthrough as America

Post by Fubbles »

I honestly can't say how often I am going to update this! I'll try and go for as long as possible though! Will add pictures too, eventually.

America, February 21st, 1950:

In October of 1949, the government began the construction of 2 new military installations, 1 designated 'Point Texas' in the south rocky mountains, and 1 outside of Fargo designated 'Point Fargo.' Both installations were going to be used only for research centers.

At the same time, the government began constructing a few new oil wells in Texas and Northern Alaska, as well as timber mills.

The Government than extended it's hand outward. More than 10,000 American troops have been deployed to South Korea, and countries like Saudi Arabia, Guatemala, Honduras, Coasta Rica, and Panama have become aligned with the United States government, while countries like Yugoslavia have moved away from the east and become non-aligned again, thanks to US involvement.

Construction at Point Fargo is almost complete, while Point Texas has slowed down due to it's remote mountain location.

March 1950: Government is providing aid to countries like Pakistan as well as Iran, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel and Egypt. Egypt is a special case; perhaps if they get Egypt to join a pro-U.S stance, the USSR will not be able to use the Suez Canal?

Congress gives the okay for more troops to be send to South Korea, as well as troops to begin deploying to South Vietnam. The government promises a minimal role in Vietnam; a few air-force units to be sent, as well as a small contingent of the armed forces to defend whatever air base the troops will be stationed in.

On March 19th the first elements of the U.S Air mission in Vietnam, a 'reconnaissance of Communist Movements against allied pro-western nations' arrive in Da Nang, South Vietnam.

April 9th, 1950: In Vietnam, the American airforce has found Russian artillery units in the northern Jungle. The western forces in the area, mainly British and Belgian forces, soon found out too as the units attacked them. No ground was taken or lost however.

Meanwhile, North Korea is amassing forces along the border, as is South Korea. American air force units from Japan are moved into South Korea. The next day, air recon shows, other than the armored units along the border, North Korea boasts only a rather large army of Infantry.

Point Fargo is done construction. Research of Huey and F4 phantom now commence. Other very important research projects currently underway include a silo-launched IRBM, and aerospace fabrication.
Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Re: First Playthrough as America

Post by Fubbles »

May 1950: There are now 19,000 troops in South Korea. North Korean forces along the border appear to have backed down and are moving North again.

Air Recon shows little movement of North Korean forces. It would appear that if they were planning an attack, they changed their mind ( :-) this is good because im not sure if 19,000 troops would help South Korea or not!)

May 12th: Still no border activity. There are now 22,000 Americans in South Korea. Congress agrees if there is no longer a threat than no more troops need to be sent into Korea.

In Vietnam, nothing is happening. There are 1500 ground personal stationed in Hue and 625 air personal stationed in Da Nang.

On May 16th an Air Recon in North Korea is attacked, there are 3 casualties. America doesn't declare war and decides Air Recons near Pyongyang are now too dangerous, and will stick to the forested regions in the eastern half of North Korea.

May 30th, 1950: After a year of research, we have discovered Aerospace engineering. A new facility, near Point Fargo is now under construction. The facility will be under heavy guard.

The government has now also created the CIA. Using this we will be able to sneak units into enemy countries and spy on them, which is exactly what the first mission, 'Operation A' as it is quaintly named, will be the reconnaissance of major cities such as Pyongyang in North Korea.

On June 1st, Operation A is launched. Realizing having lots of spies could be useful, another CIA bureau begins construction just north of Los Angeles, in Palm Dale. On June 18th there was some light fighting in Vietnam between guerrillas and Nato forces, again though, nothing serious.

note: Gotta go get ready for work now. Also, just a question, how do I build silo's? Cause im almost done researching my first Silo-Launched missile..and I wanna build a Silo so i feel all sneaky and stuff.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

It's a building under military instalations. They are atomatically added to your Strat targeting pool. You still have to assighn missiles to them though.
Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Battlestations Battlestations!

Post by Fubbles »

June 26th, 1950:

The President takes his podium for an official white house address: "Congress members and citizens of the United States, and the whole of the western world. Today, the armies of North Korea began to pour towards the border of South Korea in an act of Communist Aggression, and an act of war.

Ladies and Gentlemen, today we have in our hands a chance to once again defend the freedom of a nation and it's people from the tyranny being brought down upon it. We will not let South Korea drown in the swell of Communist Forces, we will help the South Koreans in any way we can, including economic and military aid, and the aid of our 22,000 troops currently in the country.

We must now stand together as a country. Our brave men stationed in Korea are preparing for their first combat. We can only pray God will look after them and keep them safe as they fight for the freedom of South Korea. We can not allow Communist forces to take over and threaten the security of the world. We must stand fast and show them we are willing to defend our sovereignty and the sovereignty of others!"

Yes, grave news indeed. But America will fight the Koreans with all it has! Currently there are around 22,000 ground forces and quite a few air units in Korea, more in the Philippines, Vietnam and Japan that can be routed to Korea. In fact the bombers in Vietnam are en route right now to the air base near Pusan. Will try and get pictures now!
Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Post by Fubbles »

(And to think i was worried. Games still on pause but just looking at this tells me that I think we outnumber the enemy. Also, you can see in the image a few of my spies in place in Korea. Yahoo Operation A)

Frontline, June 26th, 1950

The American first-phase of the Korean war is to take the airbase of Koksan-Up, to give air units in the region more operating room. Koksan-Up is just to the east of their main offensive. It is June 27th and we've advanced into North Korea a little, with air units destroying a tank regiment.

Before Koksan can be taken, the 2 Korean front lines, one at a crossroad dubbed 'Front line A' and one just a little north dubbed 'front line B' must be taken. Both house just some Armour and infantry.

Americans decide to wait until the super-fortress bombers are in country, to damage the Su-85 tank destroyers slightly before moving in

Yes. The cracking of the front line is complete. North Koreans suffer over 10,000 (I know, holy poopers right?) casualties in Wonsan, and Americans take a beating at 1500. But the first phase of the operation is complete, and now Koksan-Up can be taken.

(It is at this point that I realized that Im not actually at war wit North Korea, only invoking the mutual defense pact with south korea. Silly me. So my air force can't actually fly into North Korea unless I declare war, i dont want to though cause I dont want the UN to hate me. Hm...think think think...)

During the initial raid on Koksan on July 5th, 1950, things got very rough very fast, 6 or more unis of Il-2 Sturmovik's were stationed, and attacked the small US force of 2000 attacking the airfield, luckily the American airforce units near by attacked the Il-2's and the planes retreated, as did most of the armed forces at Koksan.

After taking the airfield, America now has 1800 casualties, North Korea has 17,000.

Frontline, July 7th, 1950
Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Post by Fubbles »

August 8th, 1950

The war is being fought at a staggering pace, not because the North Koreans are putting up a good fight, but because the allies are being careful and taking their time in order to reduce casualties! The United Kingdom now has a few armored units in country, fighting in the south.

(Seriously, wars in this game seem way more manageable than in SR2020. Everything just seems much cleaner and easier to follow!)

The 'Southern Frontline', aka the southern half of the border, is still held in North Korean hands because the south koreans didn't launch any attacks, now however they've began attacking, with the aid of U.S Air and ground forces, and the frontline is slowly collapsing. Meanwhile in the north, Americans are taking the North Korean cities with little trouble.

Casualty Count as of August 8th, 1950:

U.S: 3601
North Korea: 48,399
South Korea: 1,692 (I cant help but feel like im fighting their war :p)
U.K: 900

Front line on August 8th, 1950

Pyongyang is slowly being circled and cut off from the rest of the country.
Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Post by Fubbles »

The southern North Korean Front line, the little pocket by Seoul, falls on August 20th to joint Korean, U.S and British attacks.

As all this is happening, the U.S Has not been putting any money into her friend nations, as a result, nations like Panama, Mexico, and Guatemala become neutral again (drat!) Over $1000M is then sent to the colonies to ensure lasting friendship.

On August 25th, 1950, American forces launch and attack from the south and North into Pyongyang. The battle is short, and by August 27th the capital falls. North Korea surrenders to Allied forces. This is a big day! The forces of Communism have been defeated!

(Note, i dont know why they surrendered, I dont think I have 'Region falls when capital is captured' on..and they still had probably 10-20,000 troops in their northern military thing that's along the borders of the USSR...but whatever, I won a war!

Final Casualty counts:

US: 5718 (88 unit kills!)
North Korea: 50,000+ (Allot)
South Korea: 2967
UK: 902

That evening, the president makes another press conference at the white house.

"Citizens of the United States, I come before you today to announce, with great happiness, the total surrender of North Korean forces, and the victory of the war in Korea!

Today, we have proven that we can defeat the forces of Communist aggression with precision and power. Today we have united a nation, of North and South under the banner of freedom for all. We will have to remember the great sacrifice that our 5000 men have made in these past couple of months, but remember they did it for a worthy and successful cause! I am pleased to announce that the majority of the 20,000 men in Korea will be returning to their families, with a small contingency force to stay in country for security reasons...

With that, the war in Korea came to a close. In total, there were 23,000 troops in Korea. (I had sent in reinforcements when the war first started, they didn't get there til later, but i used them in my 2 pronged attack on Pyongyang)

Now that the war is over, America can again focus on the development of it's nuclear arms, and the space race!

The Aerospace Engineering near Point Fargo is still slowly underway in it's construction. Point Texas is almost finished construction. In the Desert west of Las Vegas and East of Point Texas, a secret military installation, 'Area 51' (tehehe) will be built to be used for the Space program.

Hey, another question on Silos; do i need to research them? I don't see them in my military construction options :\ My SRBM is almost done it's research, so I'd like to also build a silo at Area 51 :p

(Holy Bajeebers, I just spent $10,000M giving money to other nations to make them like me! That is a ton of money..ugh..and currently my sphere numbers are:)

21 13 25 11 12

Right now im working on getting USSR aligned nations, not leaning, aligned, to go TO USSR leaning, which basically means im pumping money into them so they become my friends and like me. In Syria and Iraq im trying to see how well funding insurgency works and im goona see if the nations could be coup'd or something. Would be nice.
Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Post by Fubbles »

As of September 20th, 1950:

There are 3497 Troops in Sinpo, South Korea (It's a military base with a harbor)

There are 4396 Troops in Hue, South Vietnam

(Im guessing Colonies are going to start breaking away soon. Things should get interesting.)

Point Texas is done construction, making more research available. Area 51 is almost done being constructed (so far it is just a military base)

Nov. 9th, 1950

Upon noticing the Russians are ahead of us in our space race, 'Operation Haste' is launched by the CIA: Sniff out the research installations in Russia and try to sabotage research!

Meanwhile in America, research funding is increased by a few million in order to achieve success in the space race! North of Washington, another researching complex is made so MORE things can be researched at once.

"THE RACE IS ON!" - President Stuart is quoted during a press conference regarding the increased research budget, and why we need to get to space.

(I guess i should give my president a name shouldn't I...hmm im bad with names.... President Stuart. Yup, good enough)

Anyways, on November 20th we discovered the Orbital Launch pad, and I began construction just outside of Washington DC at Fort Mead.
Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Post by Fubbles »

In Dec. 1950, Haiti undergoes a Coup. The U.S Supports the military Coup, and beings to funnel money into the country.

The U.S Also begins giving money to Cuba to gain their support too.

In January of 1951, Ethiopia declared war on the new nation of Eritrea. The U.S, extending an a hand of compassion, gave $150M worth of weapons (I gave a bunch of infantry and tanks and arty and what not) to the young nation in which to defend itself. The U.S also gave Eritrea over $300M in aid money.

On February 1st, 1951, Operation Haste has still not found the USSR aerospace or orbital launchpad. Operation continues, however.

President Stuart is launching an all-out political attack into eastern europe. Funneling money has let to two countries, East Germany and Hungary to pull away from USSR Aligned to USSR leaning. Next he will work on Czechoslovakia and Albania, then Poland.

Authors note: Okay guys, now i need YOUR help lol. I have over $90,000M in my treasury right now and my annual income has slowed to about $10,000m. Is this because i have so much money? Is it inflating? How do I see inflation values? And more so how do i offload this much cash?
Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Post by Fubbles »

Image There is a lack of money being made here, for the most part i believe it is due to me trying to offload a tonne of money to allies and a few USSR Aligned nations.

ANYWAYS, August 9th, 1951. I have 2 PGM-17 Thor IRBM's, they are Silo launched nukes, but i still don't see the ability to build silo's in my military construction?
Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Post by Fubbles »

(The game doesn't imply Transistor based computers are required for satellites, darn it all! I finished my orbital launch pad and stuff but not i gotta research this! Ugh! )

November, 1951

The U.S signs a mutual defense pact with Eritrea, and immediately has the 2000 troops in country launch an offensive into Ethiopia. The offensive is successful, as most of the towns arn't defended at all. Soon British forces are right behind the American offensive. (I wish i had more troops stationed here, rather than just 2 units of infantry. Oh well! We'll see how this goes!)

February 25th, 1952.

After heavy fighting, a motorized and a half track division of the US captures Gonder, Ethiopia. Eritrea now looks like this;

Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Post by Fubbles »

March 30th, 1952:

President Stuart releases a statement about the Eritrean Bush War, as it is now being called.

"Citizens of the United States, let me tell you why we are serving in Eritrea at this moment in time. Eritrea is a young democracy, a new nation, who just recently had gained independence from the United Kingdom. Ethiopia, in it's greed, declared war on this new nation, which cannot yet defend itself! A country with no means to defend itself will fade into history, and we will not let that happen. We will not stand by idly and let them disappear into history.

We believe the communist forces of Ethiopia are holding rightful land claims in Western Ethiopia or agricultural installations, and our armed forces will push into this forest and jungle region to claim these installations in the name of Eritrea, and Democracy!

Further more, we will be testing our new F4 Phantoms and Huey's in this new war zone. We already have Huey's in Vietnam, but that is not a war zone, so we are unaware of our technical capabilities with our new weapons.."

The finance minister of Ethiopia is assassinated the following day on March 31st. Insurgency (sabotage missions) in southern Ethiopia is running rampant. A carrier with one huey and 3 F4 Phantoms leaves New York for Eritrea. Small advances into the western forests of Ethiopia are made.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

You need a bunch more techs before you can get missile silos. For some reason, they have the thor as an early ICBM, but by the time you get access to missile silos, much better ICBM's are availble. I also think there might not be enough range on the thor to be of use.
Fubbles
Warrant Officer

Post by Fubbles »

Well IRBM means intermediate range, So im sure if I had some silo's built in, say, alaska, I could hit some Soviet targets. If we could make deals and build on allied territories, I'd totally throw down some silo's in Turkey :p just like the REAL cold war! Then in a Cuban Missile Crisis sort of situation, I'd be READY.

Another question, If i just build land launch nukes, will i be able to use these outside of the strategic pool? Like load them onto my mobile launchers and truck the mobile launchers somewhere near the USSR? Right now im still researching nuclear submarines and still have no sub-launch ones available, but when i do they will all sit right outside of Arkhangelsk! Not that I plan on having a Nuclear War with the russians, just that I think it adds to the atmosphere.

I totally wish in this game if there was war society would collapse and nations would split apart into smaller factions. Then I'd feel like i was in a strategic Fallout game as i truck across the US to reunite the country :p
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Fubbles wrote:Well IRBM means intermediate range, So im sure if I had some silo's built in, say, alaska, I could hit some Soviet targets. If we could make deals and build on allied territories, I'd totally throw down some silo's in Turkey :p just like the REAL cold war! Then in a Cuban Missile Crisis sort of situation, I'd be READY.

Another question, If i just build land launch nukes, will i be able to use these outside of the strategic pool? Like load them onto my mobile launchers and truck the mobile launchers somewhere near the USSR? Right now im still researching nuclear submarines and still have no sub-launch ones available, but when i do they will all sit right outside of Arkhangelsk! Not that I plan on having a Nuclear War with the russians, just that I think it adds to the atmosphere.

I totally wish in this game if there was war society would collapse and nations would split apart into smaller factions. Then I'd feel like i was in a strategic Fallout game as i truck across the US to reunite the country :p
Yes, I do belive so. Thats how your supposed to use them in sandbox.

And I supposed that beats Siberia. :D

Return to “After Action Reports”