Iran and unification of Persia

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

cswcu48
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Iran and unification of Persia

Post by cswcu48 »

So I started as Iran. First order of business was to build Industrial goods facilies, timber, gas fields and power.

After a little while of stockpiling goods I invaded Iraq, next I invaded Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Israel all in one sweep. I then invaded Saudi Arabia and increased my oil production from 1.5m/year to 615m/year. I took over North Yemen and they fell with little resistance.

I began building mroe coal planets, oil fields, and indusrtial goods, along with water works, and bulding roads to build up my infrastructure. I am now a dictatorship.

It is now 1955 and I have launched an invasion on Turkey. I cannot break their capital but everything surrounding them is mine including all their natural resources. My wallet is at 18B now and I am makign huge profits selling oil and industrial goods.

I am now buying military technology from the soviets and will build a military to overrun and take over Turkeys capital. My economy is thriving meanwhile. As of right now my empire is vast and expands through most of the middle east and Turkey seemed to be the onyl formidable opponent. They have decimated my tanks and arty's as well as my mobile infantry but my special forces and militia/infantry are holding the front lines. This has been a very costly invasion. Standby for an update later tonight.
cswcu48
Sergeant

Re: Iran and unification of Persia

Post by cswcu48 »

Occupied Turkey, iraq, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, lebanon, Syria, Yemen and Saudi Arabia. Moved on to Afghanistan and then the USSR decided to invade me. They have taken my precious oil fields and industrial goods facilities. It's all over for me. Was a good run for my very first game ever.
CrazyIvan
Lieutenant

Post by CrazyIvan »

Protip: Iran was always called Iran by the Iranians. The Greeks thought the name was Persia, and all of Europe followed (Persia was the capital province).
larsjrg
Sergeant

Post by larsjrg »

CrazyIvan wrote:Protip: Iran was always called Iran by the Iranians. The Greeks thought the name was Persia, and all of Europe followed (Persia was the capital province).
Funny how I know people from Iran who view themselves as persians rather than Iranians. It depends a lot on your cultural heritage what they call that country they come from.
CrazyIvan
Lieutenant

Post by CrazyIvan »

larsjrg wrote:
CrazyIvan wrote:Protip: Iran was always called Iran by the Iranians. The Greeks thought the name was Persia, and all of Europe followed (Persia was the capital province).
Funny how I know people from Iran who view themselves as persians rather than Iranians. It depends a lot on your cultural heritage what they call that country they come from.
There's a BIG disconnect between those who left Iran during the revolution and those who fought in it. Trust me.
LordCrusader8
Warrant Officer

Post by LordCrusader8 »

Nein it was not called Iran till WW2 When Hitler gave them the name

Many people don't even know that Iran really means "Land of the Aryans"
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

LordCrusader8 wrote:
Nein it was not called Iran till WW2 When Hitler gave them the name

Many people don't even know that Iran really means "Land of the Aryans"
It was actually first used by Ardashir I, the founder of the Sasanian Dynasty who died in 242 (about 1700 years before WWII)
source:
http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/eran-eransah
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

tofofnts wrote: It was actually first used by Ardashir I, the founder of the Sasanian Dynasty who died in 242 (about 1700 years before WWII)
source:
http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/eran-eransah
Aaahhh I like it when people actually source history before posting. History is a beautiful thing, and should always be looked into before making a post. I knew it was called Persia for a looong time before WWII, but to be totally sure, it would be a quick webby search.

Actually I love the history of Persia, with it's many governing empires, from times long ago. Very interesting country steeped in history. Persia was the center of the world for a very long time.

Oh and nice AAR btw, have you any screenies we call look over? See how far the red hordes have penetrated your empire?

Return to “After Action Reports”