Brazil - A interactive AAR

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Brazil - A interactive AAR

Post by number47 »

Presidente Grimarum,

I, Pascoal Humberto de Souza Branco as a member of PDP have few questions:

1. What political offices will Brazil have?
2. Are we supposed to canditate for a certain position in the government or will the elected president appoint the staff as he sees fit?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

Militarily, where do we currently stand?
Ten thousand men descending from the clouds might do an infinite deal of mischief before a force could be brought together to repel them
GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

or armies,unfortunately,are completely outdated and understaffed,with no real means of power projection at this moment.I expect the situation to change after the approval of a new budget.Even if the last dictatorship was installed by military means, it must not be denied the vital function of our armed forces.
"The power of our enemies is what determine our own power." - Chinese proverbe.

Author and moderator of "Brazil-A interactive AAR". Current president Carlos Silva Grimarum.
GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

Mr.Branco, at this moment all ministerial offices are being revised,and for those positions the congress must appoint names for presidential approval. Next question?

OOC: by the way,thanks for putting in your sig this AAR.I thank you for that!

Author and moderator of "Brazil-A interactive AAR". Current president Carlos Silva Grimarum.
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

What are our current relations with other countries?

Do we have high tensions with Argintina or Venuzuela?

If so, what would you speculate their threat level is?
Ten thousand men descending from the clouds might do an infinite deal of mischief before a force could be brought together to repel them
GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

Currently Venezuela is considerated neutral and no threat to our nation. But Argentina,thanks to previous foreign policies,views us a significant threat and consider to be on a arms race with us.One of the priorities of my government is to repair our relations with Argentina. And our relation with the US and USSR are both intended towards economical cooperation. Next question?

Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

When do we begin construction of foreign policy and when do we sort out the budget?

OOC: would I be considered a Member of parliament? And can I be a general too? (I really wanna put General Juan Ricardo) it's possible to be both, right?
GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

the foreign policy must be in the constitutional draft.Because of the assembly,the budget can only be voted after a draft pass the voting.Next question?

OOC:yes you are a member of the parliament already, and you can change you background until i start really playing the game.We are setting it up.

Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

My background, sorry for lateness

Post by Jax the Arisn »

Name: Juan Ricardo

Background: Born in the province of Santa Catarina, in a small homestead near the Panarã river. Because he grew up so close to Argentina, he has particular aggressiveness against them. During World War II, he led a company of men in the Brazilian Expeditionary Forces as a colonel. After the war he was promoted to General by the late dictator, Getulio Vargas, with the agreement that he would defend the regime. However, when the Generals of the Brazilian Army demanded the resignation of the dictator, Ricardo was one of the first generals to demand a change in government.
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

When should we begin drafting the new constitution?
GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

As i already said the assembly is open,so the discussion for the draft must be happening for a few minutes.

SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

OOC So when do you think we will start out righ.

What is our industrial output looking like. And how do you plan to increase industrail output.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

The output reports come at the beggining of the new month.The country is a mess right now,as you might know. Any more questions?

OOC: i will really try to start tonight,because im doing my projects right now. Tomorrow is sure i cannot play.And it is almost certain that friday i will play and make a game post. But i am trying to do it tonight already.Just for orientation it is almost 14h for me.

GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

Since there isn't anymore questions, i will be leaving now so the work on the constitution can begin.Session closed.

*Headlines after the congress session*

São Paulo Economist:"While our economy is sick,congressman Juan Ricardo wants another money sink"
Curitiba Today:"Elections called for the congress: a way to hide the beheading of the parliament?"
Salvador Worker:"Elections for presidency only next year.Are you afraid of losing the power Grimarum?"

OOC:I will only interfere in the constitution you guys write if it forces me to do anything impossible.Start the draft and i hope i can post more tonight.If not,only friday.

Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

I propose a five part constitution

ARTICLE I: All citizens of Brazil have equal in representation and rights regardless of race, creed, origin, ideology, and sex.

SECTION 1: No person will hold another person as a servant, voluntary or involuntary.

SECTION 2: No person may seize the rights of another, doing so will render the guilty party null and void.

SECTION 3: All citizens have the right to a fair trial, with a jury of peers and a justice of the state.

ARTICLE 2: No foreign power will infringe on the rights of Brazilian citizens. If a foreign power threatens the nation, defence will become our primary issue.

SECTION 1: Any allies of the nation who come under attack will be defended. Depending on situation will depend on the force sent to their aid.

SECTION 2: Nations who become allies in times of war, foreign or domestic, will not receive military aid.

ARTICLE 3: The needs of the people will always come before the needs of the international community.

SECTION 1: The needs of the country will always be priority, even over military spending.

ARTICLE 4: Nation defence will always have at least four divisions, which is twenty eight battalions on active duty. This will allow us to defend ourselves from surprise attacks.

ARTICLE 5: Taxation will be based on class. Higher class = higher taxes. Corporations will have a little more leniency than small businesses. This will be a sort of Pseudo-Communism.

Return to “After Action Reports”