Brazil - A interactive AAR

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Niko465
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Brazil - A interactive AAR

Post by Niko465 »

Jax the Arisn wrote:Well, we're trying to get a constitution going; then we set foreign policy
Unfortunately, el presidente has been busy so were waiting to start the actual game.
Until then we an still establish some basic stuff, and since you've joined the people's party, that gives us the numerical advantGe in congress

Edit: I originally misread and thought you joined the people's party. My bad
Good, so i'm arrived at time.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

OOC:Okay guys,sorry for this immense delay on this AAR,but now i will give you guys the first in-game update!

*The doors of the congress open,and through it enters president Grimarum.*

Members of the now Constitutional Assembly, I will interrupt the work for a few minutes to give to all of you some news and data.
First,i will inform you all about some... changes in the international scenario.In a UN resolution,all debt Brazil had to any UN member has been pardoned,so now our international debt has gone to zero.Altough this is great,it didn't came without a heavy cost for our international relations.Our neighboring countries,mainly Argentina,saw this action of the UN as,and i quote it: "A breach of all international law,and a privilege to a country who didn't needed it.We must take the situation to the international courts".This phrase was said by Juán Peron Sosa,President of Argentina,minutes after the resolution has passed. The congress of Argentina,Bolivia,Paraguay and Peru are deciding for a total economic embargo against our products.Even if we do not suffer this embargo,we can consider our relations with all of Latin America colder.

At the same reunion at the UN, USSR representatives informed the world they conducted a nuclear test at 0700, 8th october. Since there isn't any international regulation regarding those weapons, each country is free to adopt any instance. All 28 members of NATO already condemned this test,as expected. The 20 countries within the Warsaw Pact viewed this act as a demonstration of power,and approved the test. The world now shows it's true divisions,and every country is expected to pick a side or be thrown aside in the international community.

Now regarding new internal data I received in some sectors,it will be presented to all of you now.

Economy: The treasury in international currency stands at $427.16M.Other datas have not arrived.
Military: We have 160,000 personnel in the military,which 76,450 active in our bases and 75 reserve division,which sums to 83,550 in reserve. Our main force consists of 40 divisions of outdated foot infantry,and 4 division of mechanized infantry. Our Air force is obsolete and almost inexistent,consisting mainly of 4 interceptors. Our naval power is made of patrol boats.All of our units are considered outdated even for Pre-World War 2 standards.

All the data regarding production and taxation for this quarter are expected to arrive at the first week of the next quarter,as always.

Since the summoning of the Constitutional Assembly we do not have a congress,our legislative power rests within the judiciary and executive powers. Until the end of the Assembly at January 1st,1950 the president,myself,will have free reign at any economical decision,and no changes can be made to the military. Have a good day,all of you can continue your work.

*Headlines*
São Paulo Economist: Congressman Juan Ricardo proposes a draft that will throw us at the USSR's arms.The court must intervene.
Curitiba Today:USSR reveals it's true intentions by developing a nuclear weapon.World in turmoil by our debt pardoning.
Salvador Worker:Brazil's military defined as obsolete: New budget by our comrades at The People's Party must adress the issue.

OOC:So here it is,the first update. I will hit the time button and start playing after the constitution has been approved by the Assembly.YOU. But what will be our position regarding the USSR nuclear test? Leave your vote,and that will be the decision.Approval,condemnation or neutrality? and until January 1st,i will play without the congress,because it is a broken quarter. All data regarding economics will be from the previous quarter to add a bit more realism :D BTW,we are running update 3 :wink:
"The power of our enemies is what determine our own power." - Chinese proverbe.

Author and moderator of "Brazil-A interactive AAR". Current president Carlos Silva Grimarum.
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

It is clear that we need to modernize our forces so our jealous neighbors will think twice before doing new provocations toward us. I say we must push our neighbor's commerical partners to relly on us and slow their trading with them.

The nuclear bomb in the hands of the Soviets is a good thing. It counter-balance the United States and will prevent them to put their noses in our affairs. However, we should not support openly. This would push us into Stalin's sphere.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

I agree with senator Rojas. While I also support the dropping of the bomb, we cannot look like a puppet government of the USSR. As for military, I believe we should look into a Air-mobile division. While it may not be the largest force or strongest force, with our current diplomatic situation, we will need a highly mobile force to fight any conflict we might get dragged in to. Plus, foot infantry excel in fighting in the close combat jungles that cover South America.
Ten thousand men descending from the clouds might do an infinite deal of mischief before a force could be brought together to repel them
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I firmly believe that all nuclear weapons testings should be condemned no matter which country conducted them. It is a horrible weapon that makes no difference between soldiers and civilians and therfore I firmly take a stance for condemning this, and all future nuclear weapon testings by all countries!

As for our own military, appart from "mountain infantry" that would be best used for fighting in "close combat" areas, we should have a "motorized infantry" as our core military unit for rapid deployment at least in these early years of development.
The problem with Senator Juan Ricardo's proposal is that we do not own air transports that would be capable of delivering our air-mobile divisions anywhere and there are no designs in current world that would satisfy our needs. Maybe in a few years, someone will develop a plane that would meet our demands. For now, "motorized infantry" is our best option for rapid deployment.

Senator Pascoal Humberto de Souza Branco

OOC: as far as I had the chance to observe, condeming or approving any action in the game has very little effect on relations between countries. So we should base our decision striclty on a role-playing sentiment. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

OOC :I reached the same conclusion: it has little to no effect. It really is for role-playing purposes.

Author and moderator of "Brazil-A interactive AAR". Current president Carlos Silva Grimarum.
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

I suppose Senator Branco is right, but I do believe she should not totally close the option. Perhaps in the future we could receive organisational details from another nation (unit designs). I've heard the US is experimenting with vertical warfare with something called a Heli-coptor. But back to the issue at hand, perhaps a combined arms force of Motorised infantry and light armour? This would allow us to expand on our military forces later on in the coming years. And a thought: Aeriel Superiority. Surly if we lack serious air forces, so do the rest of the South American countries. Perhaps we should look into our options at some point?
Ten thousand men descending from the clouds might do an infinite deal of mischief before a force could be brought together to repel them
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Jax the Arisn wrote:I suppose Senator Branco is right, but I do believe she should not totally close the option.
Senator Branco is a HE and if Senator Ricardo can't see strait without his glasses he should put them on.
Dear Presidente, these kind of interparty provocations serve no purpose to our country's progress and should be discouraged or even sanctioned! :evil:

OOC: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

OOC: my auto correct changed we to she. It's an iPhone |O
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

I agree and disagree on Senator Branco's point. While the nuclear weapon is a terrible thing and it's use, especially on a city, is a highly condemnable crime against humanity(Another reason we should not devellop ties with the West), it is clearly the ultimate disuasive weapon we may need to calm down those who see in Brazil a potential victim of agression.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

Niko465 wrote:While the nuclear weapon is a terrible thing and it's use, especially on a city, is a highly condemnable crime against humanity(Another reason we should not devellop ties with the West).
The reason the Americans dropped the bomb is because the Japanese would've fought them every single inch of the way. Would we not have done the same if in their position? The bombs were a deterrent of conflict, and they worked! Why should only the Americans have that kind of power? If the USSR has bombs as well, it has the potential to stop the next big war from occurring.

OOC: we gotta remember that our characters don't know the Cold War goes straight to hell
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Jax the Arisn wrote:
Niko465 wrote:While the nuclear weapon is a terrible thing and it's use, especially on a city, is a highly condemnable crime against humanity(Another reason we should not devellop ties with the West).
The reason the Americans dropped the bomb is because the Japanese would've fought them every single inch of the way. Would we not have done the same if in their position? The bombs were a deterrent of conflict, and they worked! Why should only the Americans have that kind of power? If the USSR has bombs as well, it has the potential to stop the next big war from occurring.

OOC: we gotta remember that our characters don't know the Cold War goes straight to hell
I would prefer to see Brazil loose it's sovereignty than being a nation that loose all honor to archieve victory like it happen at Hiroshima or with the Hitler Youth. It's a question of principle, we cannot use horrendous methods and strike a city full of innocent civillians with nuclear bombs, even if it have a huge millitary importance. Or use children to fight for the defence of the capital city. If we go as low as the enemy, why fighting it?
I understand the things on the table at this time, the Japaneses soldier did unforgivable thing to the Chineses, and would probably have done the same in USA, but I support that this option should have been used as last resort. Anyway, debating about past events is not productive, we must look forward.
With these words, I recommend that we order our generals to make of civillian protection their first priority. I also recommand to put this rule into the Constitution.

OOC: When we start drafting the Constitution btw?? HUH
Also, who's in each parties?
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
number47
General

Post by number47 »

OOC: I'm in PDP...maybe the presidente should edit the first post to include current members playing (forum nickname and roleplay name) and their parties?
Jax the Arisn
Lieutenant

Post by Jax the Arisn »

OOC: I'm in the people's party
GrimReaper
Lieutenant

Post by GrimReaper »

The main focus of this debate should be our stance regarding the USSR's atomic detonation. The world is expecting a swift response,so i request that all debates and decisions regarding atomic weapons in our country be left for the constitution.

OOC: i will edit the first post, and i will only do the next ingame update after a constitution has been approved. Since the constitution will define the hard rules for this play,i ask all of you to include anything you feel it is important. A constitution is already in works,and only be approved by unanimous vote.

Return to “After Action Reports”