Bolivar's dream, A Modern Day Colombian AAR

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Bolivar's dream, A Modern Day Colombian AAR

Post by Cdiplayer »

Image So first of all I would just like to say that I am playing the Modern Day mod and secondly I want to say that this is the first time I have actually defeated the United States. Anyway, I will post a brief summary of events up to this point and then post some screenshots of what is currently happening tomorrow.
I started by attending to the most urgent matter of putting down the FARC rebellion, because Colombia starts with a pathetic military I got mutual defense and transit treaties with Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Turkey, Germany, Canada, the United States, France, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain. With their help I was able to put down the rebellion and start expanding, I started by building some more military and industrial facilities and then declared war on Venezuela. My allies beat them up for me and I was able to annex them. Immediately following that I declared war on Ecuador and quickly annexed them as well. I used some spare cash I had on hand to buy some modern military designs from the United States. Next I went after Peru and Guyana, annexing them both. I then moved south, annexing Bolivia and Chile. By this point my military machine was humming along quite nicely and everything was modernizing at a very rapid pace. I annexed Argentina next and afterwards annexed Paraguay and Uruguay before declaring war on Brazil. The war with Brazil ended shockingly quickly as I literally just sent a force from the south to seize Brasilia and they surrendered. Then I finally took Suriname and completed my conquest of South America. After this I stormed through central America and Mexico and then stopped to take a moment to build up my forces before facing the United States.

Finally I just lost my patience and attacked despite the fact that U.S. still outnumbered me in total military personnel and still had more air, sea, and missile fabrication facilities than me. I did however have the advantage of having more land fabrication facilities. Anyway upon my declaration of war NATO and all my other allies promptly abandoned me with the exception of Taiwan. Early on in the war the United States controlled the seas and held aerial superiority. My troops slowly kept advancing however and I gradually wore the U.S. down and used my anti aircraft units to bring down the United States' mighty air force. I think the turning point was when I seized Los Angeles and Houston at the same time.

From that point on I never stopped advancing and as the war went on my navy slowly began to catch up to the U.S. navy in size. Another turning point occurred when I split the U.S. in half by marching all the way from New Orleans to Detroit with my eastern army while my western army took Seattle and completed the conquest of the West Coast. From this point on I think the morale of the U.S. military was effectively broken as I started seeing large scale defections and the garrisons in most towns that my armies approached would defect immediately. A good chunk of the American navy and American air force also started defecting. Finally my eastern armies completed a rather anticlimactic march through Washington DC and through New England. I conquered the entire Continental United States before they surrendered. So there is the current situation. Now, as the world's newest superpower and leader of the free world the United States of Grand Colombia must attempt to rebuild the fractured NATO alliance. :D

Return to “After Action Reports”