Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post by Fistalis »

This is a modern world scenario. Its still a WIP so check back for updates now and again.
Requires the newest version of SRCW.

Sick of updating multiple threads. More info can be found on my site and newest info on my forums.
Site
Forums
Last edited by Fistalis on Sep 25 2013, edited 546 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.4

Post by sniperaddiction »

played the mod its pretty good thanks !!
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

and could it be that the Taliban are taking across the border when there nation flag is Afghanistan? Also wondering if u could put military bases of the ISAF in afghanistan or is that not possible.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sniperaddiction wrote:and could it be that the Taliban are taking across the border when there nation flag is Afghanistan? Also wondering if u could put military bases of the ISAF in afghanistan or is that not possible.
ya they stay in pakistan.. as of right now.. spawned in units from "ghost" nations seem to lack AI.. trying to figure if this is an engine issue or a modding issue. As to the ISAF bases..it would require making afghanistan a colony of the U.S.(that would make them U.S. bases unless i created nato as a "ghost" nation and made it a nato colony, if i can get other "ghost" nations to work properly, like the taliban for instance i just might do this), .. i'll be working on this mod for awhile and updating it as I get to know the new systems better, and there are still many relations/treaties/map fixes to get done as well.

btw thanks for the feedback.. i've had both my mods up since a few days after CW was released and received 0 feed back on both(other than one PM from a fella who thought not enough happened in one of the older versions) but have been updating them based on what little play testing time i get :lol:
Last edited by Fistalis on Jul 27 2011, edited 6 times in total.
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

yeah ha i would help if i knew what i was doing and im playing Georgia and i dont see the problem with the Libyan civil at the first start of it Libya just steam rolls threw mistrata. Oh and i belive the rebels responded when i gave them a bunch of military equipment.But i ll let you know more when i play some more.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sniperaddiction wrote:yeah ha i would help if i knew what i was doing and im playing Georgia and i dont see the problem with the Libyan civil at the first start of it Libya just steam rolls threw mistrata.

Ya i noticed this as well.. its due to me giving them(the libyian republic) the outdated guerrilla units(same thing used for the vietcong in the campaign).. its on my to do list to make a modern guerrilla unit.

also if i can get libya and the taliban to function correctly look forward to seeing more of these ghost type nations to represent other uprisings we're seeing and likely to see in the future.(gonna have to play fortune teller and put in some future events eventually)
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

yeah cause if those work you could add Gaza strip with Hamas and Palestine and make Hezbollah in the north would be a great addition if you ask me.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sniperaddiction wrote:yeah cause if those work you could add Gaza strip with Hamas and Palestine and make Hezbollah in the north would be a great addition if you ask me.
actually was next on my to do list once i got them working right, youll notice i already have palestines loyalty in :wink: (still doing alot of work to the world market and map at this point though while working on getting the "ghost" nations functional)
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

good cant wait. :)
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.45

i just downloaded the update i saw that Libyan rebels can not receive diplomatic exchanges still also Palestine doesn't either. But the Taliban do receive them i believe.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sniperaddiction wrote:i just downloaded the update i saw that Libyan rebels can not receive diplomatic exchanges still also Palestine doesn't either. But the Taliban do receive them i believe.
Yup noted thanks. (i'm actually working on this issue as we speak.)
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

also im playing the Georgia republic and its still got ww2 techs? Plus i cant trade for lets say a modern tank the most modern tank i could get that was Russian made was a t-64 wondering if there is any tech issues you cam by?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sniperaddiction wrote:also im playing the Georgia republic and its still got ww2 techs? Plus i cant trade for lets say a modern tank the most modern tank i could get that was Russian made was a t-64 wondering if there is any tech issues you cam by?
Start as russia you should have them all, most likely its the new tech system (prerequisite techs you can't trade for).
As to georgia republics starting techs.. i need to do a tech pass eventually.. everyone starts with the proper techs/units known for modern times however i havent gone back and given everyone all the prereqs.(which they need before they can trade for them) When I do it will resolve this issue.

Short answer is.. its on my to do list lol

But even after i do it you may not have all the prereq. techs to trade for the most modern of units.(its part of the new tech system that you have to have certain prereqs to get unit designs).
For instance as georgia you probably wont have orbital launch pad techs.. or nuclear weapons production. even though those are early techs.
as an undeveloped nation you will probably be missing even more techs. It will be based on not neccesarily what you can find there but what that country has the technology to produce.(sure you can probably find a computer to buy in zimbabwe but do they have the tech/knowledge to produce them there?)

I appreciate the feed back though.. i didn't realize it effected trades or i would have done it sooner.(I thought oh they don't have old techs no big deal lol)
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

ok and your welcome cant wait for next up date thank you! 8O
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sniperaddiction wrote:ok and your welcome cant wait for next up date thank you! 8O

Try researching the military production level techs.. those are the hold up to better units. (you need the tech for your production lines before you can produce better units) and it wont let you trade for better stuff until you get higher levels of the military production tech.

Even after I update techs you'll need these techs to get better units (of course some nations start with high military production levels... but counties like georgia do not)

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”