Technologies

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Jopo
Captain
Human: Yes

Technologies

Post by Jopo »

Ok, I need to know how to script technology effects.

I looked at the wiki and found both the default.ttrx file and the localtext-ttr file, but nothing related to tech effects? The localtext-ttr only contains descriptions of the techs, nothing related to effects. Where can I find the tech effects file?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Technologies

Post by Ruges »

So when you looked at the wiki, and you clicked on moding supreme ruler CW, And then you went down to where it said mod the tech tree. you missed this whole page? http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Mod_Tech_Tree
Jopo
Captain

Post by Jopo »

I looked at that page and I opened the localtext-ttr.csv file and it doesn´t seem to add up. All I found in the file was descriptions of the techs effects.
Like this: 1,"Efficient Fusion Power","Perfecting methods of confining deuterium and tritium, making it possible to create more power than what is required to achieve the reaction. Fusion Power is a new form of electricity generation that is more environmentally friendly and less potentially hazardous than traditional nuclear power."

See, nothing to script the effects, no lines of code or anything to that effect, just an ID number and a description.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Mod_Tech_Tree

You cannot make your own effects, you can only use existing ones and set your parameters.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
trebor
Captain

Post by trebor »

Think that's the wrong file to change effects, localtext-ttr.csv only provides the text description that shows in the detailed information box for techs.

DEFAULT.TTRX is what you need to edit.
Jopo
Captain

Post by Jopo »

Ok, can I create unique techs for each region? I mean techs that other regions cannot research? What does the NO RESEARCH option do in the tech file? Does it mean that the tech cannot be researched but must be given at start? If that is true then I can create tech trees for each region separately if I want, correct?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Jopo wrote:Ok, can I create unique techs for each region? I mean techs that other regions cannot research? What does the NO RESEARCH option do in the tech file? Does it mean that the tech cannot be researched but must be given at start? If that is true then I can create tech trees for each region separately if I want, correct?
Yes and yes.

If you wanted to do country specific tech trees it would be as simple as:
Create tech 1: Make it non researchable.
Require tech 1 to move up that particular tech path.
give the country you want to use that tech tree tech 1 to start.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Jopo
Captain

Post by Jopo »

Good, Excellent. Now all I wish was that I had more tech prerequisite slots instead of just the 2. :lol:
Jopo
Captain

Post by Jopo »

Oh, I just discovered that the uProdTech line in the .units file refers to a tech effect number, can´t you then create a new facility and assign it some empty tech effect number and it will upgrade its production with techs of that effect? So in effect you CAN script tech effects for facilities?

Oh, and in the wiki, the tech effects number 47 and 48 are listed as nothing, but in the Ruges unit file those effects have been assigned for the antimatter powerplant (47) and Dark Energy powerplant (48), so correct the wiki please.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Jopo wrote:Oh, I just discovered that the uProdTech line in the .units file refers to a tech effect number, can´t you then create a new facility and assign it some empty tech effect number and it will upgrade its production with techs of that effect? So in effect you CAN script tech effects for facilities?

Oh, and in the wiki, the tech effects number 47 and 48 are listed as nothing, but in the Ruges unit file those effects have been assigned for the antimatter powerplant (47) and Dark Energy powerplant (48), so correct the wiki please.
Its a wiki.. correct it yourself :wink: (its that way in the default game so not sure why it was left out of the wiki tbh)

As to your assertion.. I don't think thats how it works, since the tech codes just call a hardcoded bit. There is nothing in those files which let us specify what a particular tech effect does so any new tech effects would have no effect (since there is no hardcoding associated with them). Your welcome to test and let us know for sure though.
Jopo
Captain

Post by Jopo »

I´m making a whole new tech tree and in my tech tree some of the warfare techs that you research are TACTICS for use by your troops. Now I haven´t figured out yet, what type of effects if any I should give to different tactics, but here are some of the techs I´ve come up with:

My tech tree starts from pre-WW2 era, so some techs date from that period, tech level 1 techs to be exact.

TACTICS: Human Wave Assault: As the name implies, attacking in massive hordes, causes massive casualties but add more shock effect. ( I don´t think there is a "shock" effect in the combat system)

TACTICS: Infiltration Assault: Creeping close to the enemy silently before assaulting with sub-machine guns and other automatic weapons, more effective than human wave and causes less casualties.

These are really WW1 tactics but armies used them still in WW2, the Red Army used Human Wave assaults in 1939 against Finnish defenses, with massive casualties.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good effects for these kinds of techs?
Guggy
Sergeant

Post by Guggy »

Say I was to increase the bonus from Depeleted Uranium Munitions, etc to Ground attack values... would I just increase the number in the appropriate field? And how do I determine which unit types are affected by said researches? I increased the DU munitions to 10% for testing for instance, and didnt see a marked increase as the changed stats would have suggested.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Guggy wrote:Say I was to increase the bonus from Depeleted Uranium Munitions, etc to Ground attack values... would I just increase the number in the appropriate field? And how do I determine which unit types are affected by said researches? I increased the DU munitions to 10% for testing for instance, and didnt see a marked increase as the changed stats would have suggested.
Did you recache afterwards?
Guggy
Sergeant

Post by Guggy »

Yessir, I found what the problem was though. With a few techs I had the bonus in the wrong field, as if it was a tech effecting 2 different stats. So think that was just not applying the effect since its affiliated field was empty :P Seems to be ok now though!
Guggy
Sergeant

Post by Guggy »

Sorry to bump this :P

What would I have to do to, for instance, make Reactive Armor tech provide a +5% increase to hard target defense (tanks)? I currently take the tech number from the wiki, and give a 0.05 modifier, but the end results arent visible despite the game saying the tech has been researched.

I use the EndDay cheat for testing, is it possible they're skipping the upgrade due to that?

Return to “Modding SRCW”