End of an Era (mod)

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

BlackEagle
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: End of an Era (mod)

Post by BlackEagle »

hmmm. what about new units and modified unit values?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

BlackEagle wrote:hmmm. what about new units and modified unit values?
Nope, you need to start a new game for that
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
diman
Sergeant

Post by diman »

How you all manage to download it? Whatever i try i couldnt. Sad cause i thought it was interesting mod
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

diman wrote:How you all manage to download it? Whatever i try i couldnt. Sad cause i thought it was interesting mod
Did you try the link in Hullu's signature?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Go to page 1 of this thread, right below the "Intro" there is an link named "Download v1.13.931", click that.
Just to save you some clicking trouble, here's the download link http://www.moddb.com/mods/end-of-an-era ... ra-v113931
Happy Linux user!
uitlander
Private

Post by uitlander »

Apologies if I am missing something, but when playing as Germany in the normal End of an Era scenario, the German tech tree appears to be missing in that I can't research any German units, be they obsolete or after having researched most 1990s technologies.

Is there some way I can fix this?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Hmm, took a look at the files, it appears that there was a bug, I corrected it in the files and will provide a hotfixed update in a few days :-) .
Happy Linux user!
diman
Sergeant

Post by diman »

I would like to ask where is the bond repay button.I have only bond report panel and no repay bonds there.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

diman wrote:I would like to ask where is the bond repay button.I have only bond report panel and no repay bonds there.
You'll have to forgive hullu since the GUI mods are mine.
You only get the option to repay them if you have enough money to actually pay one and you select that bond. A red button will appear that allows you to repay the selected bond. Again only if you have the cash on hand to actually pay it do you get the option.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Yes thats true, this mod uses Fistails gui mods :-)
Happy Linux user!
diman
Sergeant

Post by diman »

ty for answer. i change all times the haps files till i repay the bonds cause i want to monitor the inflation etc.
what is the diffirence of monitoring station with the radar station?
provides intelligence also? like echelon?
EDIT:i have builded the monitoring station but i cant see any spotting effect.
what is the porpose of it?
ty
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

I would like to know how can i modify some of the events that occur on this mod. Can you help me please?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

What did you have in mind? Different events work slightly differently
Happy Linux user!
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

I'm modifying some aspects of this mod, creating an alternative reality, where the soviet union did not collapse. So I need to make that, for example, USSR does not change from 'communism' to 'democracy'.

I also want to create some events that will add wars to the game in later stages, as well as knowing what will happen in the future in this mod.

Until know i merged all countries back to USSR and Yugoslavia, and separated Germany again. I also changed some stuff, so USA don't go bankrupt so early in the mod, gave some technologies to USSR and USA and worked on orbats also.

But I want to make deeper changes in this awesome mod, because in my opinion SRCW starting only in 1949 was always a disapointement. I always wanted to play cold war on the 70's and 80's. So I want to use this mod to play cold war on later stages, in a fictional reality.

I hope that you can give me some help.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

BlackEagle wrote:I'm modifying some aspects of this mod, creating an alternative reality, where the soviet union did not collapse. So I need to make that, for example, USSR does not change from 'communism' to 'democracy'.

I also want to create some events that will add wars to the game in later stages, as well as knowing what will happen in the future in this mod.

Until know i merged all countries back to USSR and Yugoslavia, and separated Germany again. I also changed some stuff, so USA don't go bankrupt so early in the mod, gave some technologies to USSR and USA and worked on orbats also.

But I want to make deeper changes in this awesome mod, because in my opinion SRCW starting only in 1949 was always a disappointment. I always wanted to play cold war on the 70's and 80's. So I want to use this mod to play cold war on later stages, in a fictional reality.

I hope that you can give me some help.
To prevent Russia/USSR becoming an democracy remove this event, if it would turn out not to be that event, then look for an event that is of the type 31 and assigned to Russia (889), like this event.
862560,862560,31,1106,889,-1,False,False,False,False,False,1415,1,False,
When it comes to wars, use event number 2 if you wan't it to have diplo effects, while 17 if you want to use.
http://www.supremewiki.com/node/305
An example of event 2, where region 2989 (USA) declares war at a rebel faction that I created (924). Event 17 works similarly.
5137920,5137920,2,1117,2989,924,False,False,False,False,False,False,
The "5137920,5137920" part or the 2 first values are the time, meaning that 5137920,5137920 corresponds to 3568 days, meaning that the value 1440 is = 1 day.

You change dates in the .scenario file, if your using the mod's files then it should be in Campaign/ End of an Era.scenario, open that and change the date to what ever you like. Change the following text.
startymd: 1991, 12, 31
Did I miss a question? :-)
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Modding SRCW”