.newsitems

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Hullu Hevonen
General

.newsitems

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

what does the default.newsitems file do, can't find info on it anywhere
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: .newsitems

Post by Balthagor »

If you remind me, I might start the page for it on the wiki;

http://www.supremewiki.com/node/59

it's all of the in game alerts/news items/script messages. It's in the localization stuff.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Can't seem to figure out the file's importance or what exactly it does :-? , bump(or remind) :P
Happy Linux user!
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

I could use this info as well. Need to create some new items but don't know what how to set it up and what options I have.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Here's for SR1936... There's no info for SRCW
http://www.supremewiki.com/node/307
Happy Linux user!
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Yeah, I saw the one for 1936. However, the info there is very vague and has only small bits and peaces of the info needed. For example
type

8=objective
Where are the other types?

I'm trying to set a group of events that trigger several wars between regions where all other nations will get only one news item about it instead of getting swamped with default war declaration messages. However, I can't make heads and tails on how to make it show up in the new's when wars start. It was easy to avoid default messages for war declarations, all info needed for it was in supremewiki (using event 17 to force wars between nations instead of event 2). However, I can't get news to show up. I don't know what types there are, what category to choose, what buttons do and what types of buttons there are (do I need it one at all for general worldwide news?), how to make news show up for all regions instead of making 250+ events for each nations separately (this is problem from Scripted events page where it tells me that parameter eventdbregion needs region code. What to put there if I want news to show for everyone, not one region? -1, 0, leave it empty?).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The button types was updated. The newsitems file has not been documented very much. When I have time, I will add more details but for the '36 wiki page first.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Yeah I have the problem that some events seem to launch on world wide scale most not. Will look into the new stuff added to the wiki next week when I have time :)
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Modding SRCW”