Event 44 (questions)

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

MK4
Colonel
Human: Yes

Event 44 (questions)

Post by MK4 »

Is there a guide available on how to use this? I was not able to find one. Alternatively, could someone please post an example of how to use this? I`m wondering what can be achieved this way. For instance, could a new country be created from day 0 with territory designated via this event? If so, how would one go about implementing this?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Event 44 (questions)

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Thanks! I had already read the brief note on the wiki. It`s useful for someone who already knows what he`s doing in regards to scripting I suppose (not me, unfortunately).
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

A copy paste of the unreleased version of the EE2 mod, 33549,0,0,44,,607,501,0,0,0,0,0,1050,249,,,,,,,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,
33549 = unique ID
,0,0, = starting date of event, 1440 = 1 day
44 = event type
607 = country that gives territory
501 = country that gains territory
1050,249 = coordinates of hex to give
Happy Linux user!
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Thank you! So, in theory, it would be possible to make a new region(maybe recycling a region that you don`t need) and give it every hex of territory that South Sudan (for example) should have and thus have a new country in the game at the start of the campaign? It would just mean, I`m guessing, repeating that line (with different coordinates) for all the hexes involved. Are there any issues/side effects that need to be considered for such a scenario?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I think I copied the Sudanese country in the .cvp file, then I gave it a new name "South Sudan" and a new region number. After that I think you need to set the variable keepregion to true. Then you need to add the new region number to the .regionincl file, which can be located from the maps folder in your game directory. After that you need to add the region number to your .csv file that is located in either Campaign/sandbox/scenario/custom. After that you should be able to do a recache with a new country.

I'm currently not home to verify that all that is 100% accurate, hopefully my memory serves :D
Happy Linux user!
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Thank you! What happens if there are any barracks in the territory that you give away via the script? Will the game know to deploy the units of the giving country in the rest of the territory or is it possible some will start in the ceded territory?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

MK4 wrote:Thank you! What happens if there are any barracks in the territory that you give away via the script? Will the game know to deploy the units of the giving country in the rest of the territory or is it possible some will start in the ceded territory?
They should.. Ou I remembered that in addition to that I mentioned above you need to use event 18 to make South sudan independent or make it alive, which I can't remember the number of.
Happy Linux user!
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Thanks! When you`re able to, could you please check that last script in your files and post the line so I have a concrete example?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Does this opens possibility to trade and request hexes via diplomacy?
Please teach AI everything!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Whoops, I've been so busy that I didn't stop to check that this was in the SRCW section :D, the event code above is from SR1936 :P.
Here is a code from SRCW
0,0,44,,889,811, False, False, False, False, False,1092,187,,,,,,,False
Russia giving a hex to a made up region 811, which I have named Chechnya. The example above contains new stuff that SRCW dosen't.
0,0, = starting date of event, 1440 = 1 day. So 2880,2880 would mean the event will launch within 2 days of game start
44 = event type
899 = country that gives territory
811 = country that gains territory
1050,249 = coordinates of hex to give

@Zuikaku: nope, unfortunately not
Happy Linux user!
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

I assume the part with the event 18 and independence still apply, right? I see it`s noted - in the wiki - as being introduced with SRCW.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Jup, I accedentaly copy pasted from the SR1936 the first time :D
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Modding SRCW”