Editing help - modding a country's unit list

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

CaptainObviousau
Private
Human: Yes

Editing help - modding a country's unit list

Post by CaptainObviousau »

Hi all,

I'm a total newbie to SRCW modding so if this is in the wrong section, I do apologise.

What I'm trying to do is alter the list of units that Australia can research to include unit's we're historically used, so giving Australia the ability to research the Leopard 1, C-17, C-130E/H, M-1A1, Charles F Adams DDG etc. I know all about the region codes and the default.unit file. I found an editor (http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 65&t=21827) that has allowed me to edit the default.unit file, and after doing that I deleted the 'Cold War' cache file, started the game in order for it to create a new cache file, and placed in in the cache folder.

However when I start a new game it's now ignoring building location restrictions (ie can place Hydro power plants anywhere) and has totally invalidated all gas, coal, ore, and uranium mining facilities as well as consumer, industrial, and military goods buildings.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, or if I should be using an other method etc?

EDIT: nevermind, I should have been using Notepad++! Problem solved. :-)

Return to “Modding SRCW”