Explosion graphic missing

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Suprememaster
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Explosion graphic missing

Post by Suprememaster »

I have searched SRCW support thread with no mention of my issue.

When any unit begins combat i.e. shoots at, gets bombed or missles strike, there is no explosion graphic. At first this might not seem like a big issue, but I have found it impossible to know what is going on. I can hear the battle sounds and damage is being inflicted, just no graphic.

I have checked:
Options,
Drivers,
Ini files,
Graphic files,
and of course the web.

I constantly play SR 2020 GC no problems and my computer is more than capable of max settings on both games at very high speed, so I dont think its my hardware.

Any help plz I would really like to get into Cold war and see what it has to offer, but if not oh well not the first 30 bucks ive lost on.
Fistalis
General

Re: Explosion graphic missing

Post by Fistalis »

I'd try a reinstall. Sounds like it just missed some file in the installation.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Suprememaster
Sergeant

Post by Suprememaster »

Well this is a problem, I have reinstalled the game 3 times, got the latest updates. My computer is more than capable of running this game and runs sr2020gc very quickly even with large armies.

I dont have a pirated copy and Ill give you the bar code number to prove it 7350042841424

Plz tell me what to do I want to play this game. The game funtions in every way but as Ive said when two opposion units engage in combat there is no explosion graphic just the ballte sounds. this doesnt sound like a big issue but it is. You cant run a battle if you cant see what units are fighting.

Some help plz thank you.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Never heard of an issue like this. Send a message to support@battlegoat.com and include your CD-Key so we can determine the version you have installed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

I discovered by accident, that if you press the "Tab" key, the map will center on the last "action" that took place.

I had the same issue, (particularly when scrolled out to max view), as I could hear combat but not find where it was occurring.

Try this and see if "Tab" solves the issue for you ;)

Edit for clarity: When scrolled close enough to see the explosions, it is difficult to scroll the entire map to find the combat. When scrolled out to full view, the explosions are so small they are hard to see. Hitting "tab" centers the map on the "action" that occurred last, and one can then scroll in close enough to see what is going on.

Keep in mind also that the last 'action' can be any number of things, from a unit being produced, to a completed construction project, or combat. Generally though, if there is an active combat situation, it will put you right on it.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

I've had a graphical error before when the game slows down and there is a LOT of combat. Reloaded an older autosave, and it was no longer there, so I figure it was something that came in due to the heavy graphics use.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

What file contains the nuclear explosion graphics?

Return to “Issues & Support”